Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    nah dw is better but you'll miss more on your white hits because of hit rating but because of weapon procs its better

Quote Originally Posted by Galliwix View Post
    nah dw is better but you'll miss more on your white hits because of hit rating but because of weapon procs its better
    This is neither true, nor helpful.

I wish it was required to show your armory on these forums... because half of you have no idea what your talking about

Armory. Tinklebottam - kel,thuzad

And just to inform everyone. Dw frost strikes > 2h froststrikes.

Dw is more bursty then 2h. I don't understand why people keep sayin other. With dw you can get 4km procs in a row. Where 2h your lucky just to get 2.

Quote Originally Posted by acer1234 View Post
    I wish it was required to show your armory on these forums... because half of you have no idea what you're* talking about
    What are armories going to prove? We're discussing the pros and cons of both Frost specs, not mindlessly saying that one is better than the other.

And just to inform everyone. Dw frost strikes > 2h froststrikes.
    That's great. Based on what? The fact that you can get a tiny bit more Mastery with DW spec? The fact that you can use Razorice? State your case and back it up with facts. Don't just drop a one-liner and expect people to bow down to you.

Dw is more bursty than* 2h. I don't understand why people keep sayin other. With dw you can get 4km procs in a row. Where 2h you're* lucky just to get 2.
    This is only an appeal to statistical likelihood. True, more KM procs will contribute to the perceived "burst" of a given spec. However, both are perfectly capable of dishing out loads of damage with Pillar of Frost up, and both are highly dependent on KM procs - DW moreso than 2H.

Please, if you're going to post, contribute constructively.

Its hard to say man. I think they each play a bit differently. But I can list just some few things here and there to hopefully help out, and I'm sure these were already mentioned already.

Thing about 2h is that when you have your target below the mark of 35% for obliterate or whatever melee strike you decide to use, you will hit pretty much at all times. But if you use DW, you gotta remember that burst with killing machine, sometimes you MH will miss. Making it so that your OH is the only strike that connects. That is one reason why 2h can be pretty good. It provides that guaranteed strike to finish off foes.

As well as the 10% more damage done with 2h ability is really beneficial in that aspect too. Making those last finishing giant strikes even more damaging.

Then again man, I myself use DW. Its a risk taker but I just enjoy the play style because I get 2 free enchants vs just 1. I think if you know how to play your certain spec then you should be able to pull off 2h or dw.

Deleted
    Main reason that I go 2H is because of Gurthalak.

from purely personal experience

I had 2x heroic hand of morchok till 4 days ago , and then switched to tier2 2 hander. It might be the playstyle or something else , but having RP capped nearly all the time is a fun experience. I'm not talking about high ratings or something else , but I had problems with GCD opening when I was playing with DW but now I'm mostly RP capped + with lots of runes.

I say its all depends on personal experience and play style.. try both and decide

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Density View Post
    The reason 2h is superior is because in arenas (not bgs cuz that doesn't matter)
    Welcome to the wonderful world of RBGs.

Quote Originally Posted by Healarious View Post
    Main reason that I go 2H is because of Gurthalak.
    2H frost? The sword proc doesnt benefit at all from your mastery, the proc has such a low chance and you have so little up time on targets it isn't worth it, and a loss of that much resi as frost makes you dead even faster. Just get the pvp 2h sword.

Welcome to the wonderful world of RBGs.
    Where warlocks and shadowpriests wearing legendary staffs + cunning trinkets blow your team up.

PvP is shit in this game no matter where you look sadly. PvE items ruin it.
    Last edited by thelordymir; 2012-03-05 at 09:06 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    2H has better RP gen so you don't run out of runes spamming Necrotic and Howling Blast. DW is much more consistent damage (RP is a lot easier to plan), but 2H's extra RP means more Frost Strikes and less downtime.

In plus, you get three extra talent points as 2H Frost (since you have to spend 6 for DW and only 3 for 2H).
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfbear View Post
    Also is it worth talenting into Epidemic rather than Virulence since HB is going to be used alot anyway... same with the glyph of oblit, is there any point if oblit is used so rarely/not at all?
    this! just spam those HB's

2H>DW

1-More Runic Power from Might of the Frozen Wastes talent.
    2-More Necrotic Damoooge. I know it doesn't hit for much, but any extra damage is helpful. It all starts to add up after a while!

I know it doesn't seem like much of a difference, but just take a look at all of the pro death knights out there! Armory some of the famous guys. The majority of them use 2H weapons!

it's not just more necrotic strike damage (nobody cares about that anyway)

you ABSORB more healing because a 2hander gives more strength than 2 1handers.