Thread: No Mounts?

Page 1 of 15
... LastLast

Unhappy No Mounts?

I been searching for a clear cut answer and have yet to find out, but basically as the threat title states. will guild wars 2 have mounts? i know there will transportation with the stones and such but i enjoy having a collection of different horses, dragons etc to ride upon an they would make nice cosmetic rewards for hardcore players. Just a thought.

As of right now they do not have mounts in mind and especially not flying mounts, but if i remember correctly they might consider it if it is what we want and they could do some fun things with it. I think ground mounts will likely come in the future, though when is impossible to know.

As much as I love mounts in mmos myself, perhaps it would be for the better to not have them at all (or at the very least no flying mounts).
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

Deleted
    The way that GW1 worked meant that mounts weren't needed as every zone was instanced. If this is the case in GW2, then it should be no issue.

GW2 isn't as heavily instanced as GW1 - but there's are tons of waypoints around the zones that you can just teleport to for a small fee if you can't be bothered to run.

Deleted
    I hope there won't be at first. But if the people desire a pretty horse to ride then we maybe see it

10+ Year Old Account
    I heard that there will be no mounts on launch. But looking at the direction of this game, Mounts will be there one day, not for travel, but for mounted combat. Im sure mounts will unlock certain powers just like weps do.

Seems legit.

hopefully there's none.

Deleted
    Guild Wars doesn't need mounts due to the Waypoint system and because the walking is awesome.

^ troll and blocked.

That message was deleted. Again, if you think someone is trolling, report it and then ignore. Don't post about it and call others trolls. -Edge
    Last edited by Edge-; 2012-02-20 at 08:29 PM.

Cool

Well if they come later that is awesome too! I understand at start it not being there to get people familiar with the world to dynamic quest and so forth. As long as i can ride a horse sometime soon i be happy :]

15+ Year Old Account
    There won't be any mounts at launch. Hopefully they never add mounts either. I see no point for them.

I really like mounts but I think it is probably best that there are none, you don't really need them in GW2 either.

Yeah, I hate mounts too. There's no need for them. If they add mounted combat, then that would be nice, though.

I understand everyone wants to show off their epeen in MMORPGs, but you'll have titles and gear to do that with if you're that type of person.

Deleted
    They are not needed, if you like to collect mounts there is another mmo i can point you towards

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimusmc View Post
    ^ troll and blocked.
    lol troll? How so? It's true..

I don't care for mounts really.
    "Loss of blood... My only weakness!"
    ~ Warlord Khan, Magicka

Anyway, if you don't already see where I'm going with this, allow me to spell it out: the only meaningful MMORPG "endgame" -- i.e., something novel to do after the progression process is over -- is that of the sandbox.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostrider View Post
    lol troll? How so? It's true..
    mod deleted his post.. wasnt referring to you :P

Deleted
    I don't care about mounts myself either, with the leveling-while-exploring concept and all the hubs I think there's no point in having mounts, other than aesthetic reasons, but even then.