Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Mouseover healing using hardware

I was looking into a substitute for the lack of macro's and mouseover heals and couldnt really find anything on the web that was useful other than people macroing F1 to F4, which is fairly useless. so did some tinkering myself. basicly I have found a workaround if you happen to own a keyboard and/or mouse with hardware macroing ability, G13/G15/G19, Cyborg, razer, that sort of thing. anywho this is how it works, using my G15 as an example.

In the Logitech key profiler select a G key for example G1, use the macro manager, add a left mouse click, then add a 0.045 sec delay then the key for your heal for example I have the B key for dark heal. so your macro should look something like this:

Left Button Down
    Left Button Up
    0.045 sec delay
    B (Button Down)
    0.045 sec delay
    B (Button Up)

So now when you hover over a player with your mouse ether in raid frame or on the character and press my G1 key it will target them and cast Dark heal.

Repeat this on the rest of your G keys for your heals / purge /dispell etc

I have my profile setup like this:

( G1 ) - Dark Infusion

( G2 ) - Resurgency

( G3 ) - Dark Heal

( G4 ) - Static Barrier

( G5 ) - Revification <-- This macro has to be reversed so it presses the key then clicks the mouse in the area you want it to cast

( G6 ) - Purge

you might want to change the delay times to your own taste but this works for me just fine.

any questions feel free to ask.

good luck
    Last edited by Jailbuild; 2012-02-20 at 10:22 PM.

Deleted
    Uuhm... This may be silly, but why don't you just use a mouseover wow-macro? Such as /cast [@mouseover] Lifebloom

Quote Originally Posted by Sholdar View Post
    Uuhm... This may be silly, but why don't you just use a mouseover wow-macro? Such as /cast [@mouseover] Lifebloom
    Because this isn't WoW and there are no macros.

10+ Year Old Account
    Doesn't work that way this isn't wow.

As the OP said. There aren't any or a lack there of at this time you twit.

MMO-Champion» Forum» Video Games» Star Wars: The Old Republic» Mouseover healing using hardware

Hm never thought about using the G keys for that since just use the naga buttons on the side in much the same fashion; but still effective.
    "A blind, deaf, comatose, lobotomy patient could feel my ANGER"

Yeah you can do the exact same thing on razer mice and keyboards as well as Cyborg hardware, any hardware infact that will let you bind a left click + a key, will do it I just used the G15 as an example

Deleted
    +1 internets for you ... why the hell haven't i thought of this

My main reason for using mouseover macros is so I can heal without losing my target/target castbars, so while this saves me a mouse-click, I'll still be waiting around for actual mouseover healing. Has there been any update on this from any recent Q&As?

Quote Originally Posted by Moriarty View Post
    My main reason for using mouseover macros is so I can heal without losing my target/target castbars, so while this saves me a mouse-click, I'll still be waiting around for actual mouseover healing. Has there been any update on this from any recent Q&As?
    This can also be semi fixed, if for example you wanted to always keep your main tank in target, say he is in the F2 group you just add F2 to your macro line after your heal cast. not perfect but after you mouse over say DPS bloke 1 heal him it will auto target your tank or whatever you have set it to
    Last edited by Jailbuild; 2012-02-20 at 11:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jailbuild View Post
    This can also be semi fixed, if for example you wanted to always keep your main tank in target, say he is in the F2 group you just add F2 to your macro line after your heal cast. not perfect but after you mouse over say DPS bloke 1 heal him it will auto target your tank or whatever you have set it to
    I mainly want to be able to target the main hostile mob/boss in a fight. Now that you brought this up, it seems that it would be possible if I focus the boss, and there's some shortcut to target your focus target.

Quote Originally Posted by Moriarty View Post
    I mainly want to be able to target the main hostile mob/boss in a fight. Now that you brought this up, it seems that it would be possible if I focus the boss, and there's some shortcut to target your focus target.
    Yup, and there's a way to change the keybind in the settings. There's also a shortcut to assist your focus target. I think it's something like ctrl+f and ctrl+t, but I can't remember which is for which.

Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    Yup, and there's a way to change the keybind in the settings. There's also a shortcut to assist your focus target. I think it's something like ctrl+f and ctrl+t, but I can't remember which is for which.
    Those are them. I believe ctrl+t sets the target and ctrl f switches to your set target, but it is probably something you should check out with a pair of friends next time you are on.

Also Grandpab, is that the Team Captain from Blue Mountain State?

Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post

Also Grandpab, is that the Team Captain from Blue Mountain State?
    Yes it is lol, Thad Castle ftw

Time for an Oil Change!

I love that show, The actor who plays Thad is awesome in that role. To bad the original actor who played the quarterback got arrested for selling oxy. They both were on Smallville.

this doesn't work for me.

Logitech Gaming Software is working in swtor as I am trying to use the DPI buttons for numbers - and that works fine.

But the cast sequence/mouseover macro isn't working for me.

cheers

edit: Although, I am using keypresses rather than mouse buttons. Is that a problem? Do I need a gaming keyboard for that?

Quote Originally Posted by nijabhaava View Post
    this doesn't work for me.

Logitech Gaming Software is working in swtor as I am trying to use the DPI buttons for numbers - and that works fine.

But the cast sequence/mouseover macro isn't working for me.

cheers

edit: Although, I am using keypresses rather than mouse buttons. Is that a problem? Do I need a gaming keyboard for that?
    the hardware you use makes no diffrence, be it a mouse or keyboard, razer, logitech and cyborg I have all tested and work in game.

just to be clear, the way this works is you are automating a left mouse click followed by a hotkey, on all hardware using there respective software you can macro a left mouse click and a hotkey press to any button or key.

if this does not help, let me know and I will send you an exported profile so you can see how its set up in the software.

10+ Year Old Account
    I know there is a good chance none of you will ever get caught, but using any 3rd party software/hardware violates the RoC.

"It is also strictly prohibited to use any third-party software or any other device with a view to modifying the Software in any way, intercepting or scanning Game traffic or communications, changing the way the Game plays or playing in an abnormal manner or in a way that could impair the correct operation of the Game. Such prohibited third party software or devices can include, but are not limited to, those in the nature of "addons", "hacks", "cheats", "trainers", "mods", or the like by any name."
    Regardless of the fact that the Razer/Logitech keyboards/peripherals backdoor this topic by doing everything outside of the game entirely, it's still shady area imo

Just something to keep in mind ... I'm all for macros too. Should have been in at launch.... stupid thing to overlook.
    Last edited by Shamburger; 2012-02-22 at 12:17 AM.