Looking for a new fully built UK computer

So i've finally gotten tired of 2-20 fps in raids on my 3 and a half year old, super gaming laptop and am looking for an upgrade.

I've looked around quite a bit and found the following at a local store:
    http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/asus-c...75786-pdt.html

And i'm a bit concerned over putting an awesome i7, silly amount of memory and hard disk space(store one had 2TB) with a Geforce GT 545.
    Despite all the salesman talk etc, am i making a bad choice with that system?

Could you fine folks recommend any better options for me?

10+ Year Old Account
    Wish I could be of more help but the only advice I can give is shop somewhere else besides pcworld as they seem to completely Ignore i5 processors in favor of I7s and most of them have cheap entry level graphics. Most likely you wont find a decent gaming rig at a local store.

Deleted
    We can definitely suggest something better, that build is pretty crap. it's like they put in some random parts they just wanted to get rid of and made them fit together.

Yea do not buy from pc world, im not the worlds greatest expert but places like that always take out of date components and sell them at the prices they were worth upon release. How much are you looking to spend? What are you looking to play with your setup?

With a maximum price and country we can suggest a prebuilt system pretty easily that decimates anything you can get at pc world, you can also get next day delivery so no waiting.

Do you need just the desktop or monitor/mouse/keys ect also?

http://www.novatech.co.uk/pc/range/destroyer.html?th=g

That system has the same processor, a MUCH better graphics card and is almost £300 cheaper than pc world, unless you are doing heavy video editing 8gb of ram is more than suffcient for the typical gamer.

That's just an example of how much of a con artist places like PC world are.
    Last edited by Jeleh; 2012-02-21 at 02:03 PM.

Deleted
    Suggested build using CyberPower: http://www.cyberpowersystem.co.uk/sa...aspx?id=401309

CASE: Corsair Carbide Series 400R Mid-Tower Gaming Case w/ front USB 3.0
    CPU: Intel® Core™ i5 2500K Quad Core 3.3GHz 6MB cache LGA1155 + HD Graphics ***Overclockable XXX***
    Cooling Fan: ThermalTake Frio
    MOTHERBOARD: Asus P8Z68-V LX Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 ATX Mainboard w/ BT GO! LucidLogix Virtu and Intel Smart Response Technology & 7.1 HD Audio, GbLAN, USB3.0, 2x SATA-III RAID, 3 PCIe Gen2, 2 PCIe X1 & 2 PCI
    MEMORY: 8GB (2x4GB) PC12800 DDR3/1600mhz Kingston HyperX
    VIDEO CARD: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti 1GB
    FREEBIES: FREE Game - Batman: Arkham City
    Power Supply Upgrade: Coolermaster 600Watt Silent Pro Gold Modular
    Hard Drive: 1TB SATA-II 3.0Gb/s 16M Cache Hard Drive (Single Hard Drive)
    Optical Drive: 24X Double Layer Dual Format DVD±R/±RW + CD-R/RW DRIVE. (BLACK COLOR)
    Operating System: Microsoft® Windows® 7 Home Premium (64-bit Edition)

Total: £1065.60 in VAT

Buy the monitor separately:

Part list permalink / Part price breakdown by merchant

Monitor: Asus VE247H 23.6" Monitor (£152.99 @ Ebuyer)
    Total: £152.99
    (Prices include shipping and discounts when available.)
    (Generated 2012-02-21 14:14 GMT+0000)

Cheers for the opinions folks.

I've been considering novatech, however slightly concerned with their pcs having 500gb of hdd space in two disks in RAID 0, rather than just 1tb of space with no raid mucking around. Also looking at notarget's suggestion and reading up on i7 vs i5 for gaming, i think i7 is probably irrelevant to my build now. Also I notice the cyberpower website advises a higher PSU slightly confused with that.

I think i'd like advice as to which is the best value GPU, namely 550 vs 550 ti vs 560 vs 560 ti or even higher.

I'll paste in the sticky now.
    Budget:
    As cheap as possible, but probably the £1100 mark
    Resolution:
    1080p ideally
    Games / Settings Desired:
    Ultra on everything ideally
    Any other intensive software or special things you do (Frequent video encoding, 3D modeling, etc):
    Primarily Gaming, but would probably like to do some fraps on the side.
    UK
    Parts that can be reused:
    Would reuse my mouse, but no other left over parts.

Big thanks for any and all advice and opinions.

Deleted
    You don't need a higher wattage PSU, they always recommend higher than you need. Probably because they wanna sell you more and because they usually have crappy, no brand PSU as their default.

With that budget 560ti is really what you want, you could do with a 6870 as well. Also my build fits the needs you just asked for. Are you looking for something else?

---------- Post added 2012-02-22 at 02:39 PM ----------

This one is actually pretty nice for a pre-built system from Aria.co.uk:

Gladiator FURY Warbird Intel i5 4.50GHz Overclocked Quad Core Radeon HD Gaming PC

• CPU professionally Overclocked up to 4.50GHz*
    • Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit SP1 Operating System
    • Intel Core i5-2500K (Sandybridge) Processor
    • be quiet! Dark Rock Advanced CPU Cooler
    • AMD Radeon HD 6870 1024MB GDDR5 DirectX 11 Graphics
    • 8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600MHz Dual Channel Memory Kit
    • 500GB 3.5" SATA III Hard Drive
    • GIGABYTE Intel Z68 Socket 1155 DDR3 PCI-Express Motherboard
    • 550W OCZ ZS Series ATX2.2 80PLUS Bronze Power Supply
    • BitFenix Shinobi Black with Window Midi Tower Chassis
    • Asus Xonar DG 5.1 PCI Sound Card with built in Headphone Amp
    • 22x DVD±RW SATA Optical ReWriter Drive

And it's overclocked for free.

Buy something like the monitor I linked you and you should be set and stay within budget.