Deleted

Redstone creations

I'm not sure if there already is a thread like this one, pherhaps i missed it but.

This thread I ask all my fellow minecrafters to share their unique redstone creations,
    weither it's an insanly complex door or a redstone calculator.
    Please don't hesistate to post you're creation and what it's function is.

a self building building

At the moment I'm trying to make a circuit using a combination of looped repeaters and a minecart on a looped track to create an ever increasing amount of activated repeaters to trigger a dispenser to fire more and more often as it progresses.

Unfortunately, it gets to a point where the repeaters are all activated and the dispenser no longer fires, since it'll only fire when they first light up.

Work in progress *shrug*
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigercat View Post
    Don't use facts, they unsettle peoples' prejudices, and once that happens the flames start.
    Quote Originally Posted by krethos View Post
    Its Science, just ask Albert Einstien, he invented Space

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by saberon View Post
    At the moment I'm trying to make a circuit using a combination of looped repeaters and a minecart on a looped track to create an ever increasing amount of activated repeaters to trigger a dispenser to fire more and more often as it progresses.
    If you're having trouble with making a fast shooting dispenser you can make one more easily then with a minecart.
    I made you an example how to make it in illustrator.
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...g2012022v.png/
    Hope it;s usefull for you mate

Quote Originally Posted by leith1337 View Post
    If you're having trouble with making a fast shooting dispenser you can make one more easily then with a minecart.
    I made you an example how to make it in illustrator.
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...g2012022v.png/
    Hope it;s usefull for you mate
    That looks handy.

However I'm trying to make one that picks up in speed over time, as opposed to a constant speed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigercat View Post
    Don't use facts, they unsettle peoples' prejudices, and once that happens the flames start.
    Quote Originally Posted by krethos View Post
    Its Science, just ask Albert Einstien, he invented Space

I once build a track signal module, which would close a track segment until it was cleared of minecarts until the next segment using Minecart Mania (great, but outdated). It would basically allow for a finite number of minecarts equal to the number of segments and would look very neat through redstone torches next to the tracks. But then...
    I realized I can simply control the outflow of minecarts at stations and would hence eliminate the need for a traffic control system on tracks entirely. Then the number of minecarts allowed is virtually infinite. So I scrapped it.
    The whole idea came into being through playing OpenTTD btw
    True, but the difference is that in GTA3 you're only shooting (and robbing, murdering, having sex with, etc) pixels. In WOW you get the pleasure of dealing with some of the most despicable human behaviour you'll ever witness.

Quote Originally Posted by LordDios View Post
    a self building building

SHOW ME

10 chars

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Machriren View Post
    SHOW ME

10 chars
    using a cobble generator (lava an water) and a piston positoned to mvoe the newly created block you shove the cobble then retract the piston a new block forms and it gets pushed pushing the first one again, after 6? after the first block has been pushed 3 squares ina adirection a new pistol pushes it upwardsthen retracts leaving an empty space for the next cobble block.
    this goes on until the pistol cannot push the block upwards anymore( 16?) at this point the piston will be retracted allowing for the lowest block to get moved sideways and get pushed upwards by a new pistol thereby making a second "pillar" next to the previous pillar.this goes on making a wall as wide as you want (13ish max ) then at the "corner" you have a pistol push the block in a new direction then another push it upwards again which creates the second wall.

unfortunaltey you can't design it with "windows" or "doors" yet some people have made stupidly complx builders that even create floors and not jsut square buildings jsut youtube "self building house minecraft" and there will be loads

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Viglante View Post
    using a cobble generator (lava an water) and a piston positoned to mvoe the newly created block you shove the cobble then retract the piston a new block forms and it gets pushed pushing the first one again, after 6? after the first block has been pushed 3 squares ina adirection a new pistol pushes it upwardsthen retracts leaving an empty space for the next cobble block.
    It's a cool idea, for a self making house. Seen some movies about it and it really works well.

Please keep the ideas coming

I'm getting better, I added a few fun little traps to my house:

-a piston based drawbridge I can pull a lever inside my house to dump monsters banging on my door into the lava moat
    -a suffocation trap inbetween my mob farm and the rest of my house so that, if something escapes, I press a lever and drop a ton of gravel on them with pistons
    -a 5 note doorbell. tuning those note blocks is a pain...

I'm tempted to really delve into how the hell stuff like THIS http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/...-cake-defense/ round based combat game can be built, but when I poke around in his circuitry I can never figure out what any of it does.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Deleted
    Not a creation of mine, but I've seen this one thing once on youtube, when you pushed a button, a house would build itself outta nothing. That was pretty cool :3