Thread: Huttball!!

Huttball!!

I must say I was worried this was going to be a complete nightmare playing the majority of games in pugs, but much to my surprise it has not been! Sure there are a few times when you get a few terrible games, but it is fine with me as there are just as many good games to come. Where am I going with this? I am not sure, but I was curious if any players had any favorite "moves" to pull in the pit?

Being a Pyrotech Powertech I am made, built, constructed, for dominating anyone in one vs one (credit to Oozo, if you are a Vanguard or Powertech interested in PvP check out his youtube channel/blog). On top of being able to handle myself one vs one I can also do just as good in any group settings! That is enough epeen pumping for now. Back on topic!

Some of my personal favorite things to do are grapple random folk into acid, fire, off ledges anything involving rage on their part. I was looking into going into the Shield tech tree for even more Huttball trolling with Jet Charge, but that may be in the future if duel spec ever comes into play.

What are some of the things you like to do in Huttball? Even if it doesn't directly help your team win the game, but instead gives you personal satisfaction?

My most favouritist move EVER was grappling up into the start area, particularly the ball carrier. But i completely agree that it had to be made that you cant do that.

I do enjoy being down in the pit and grappling someone streaming down the ramp towards a goal.

And the best tactic ive seen (i was on the winning team thats why i enjoyed it) was a stealthie ran over to the enemy goal ledge, and we simply carried the ball around to the left where the healing tokens are and threw to him, he scored vanished (what ever its called in swtor, havnt played that class yet) the ball reset and we did it again and again, not sure why i dont see this used more often.

Quote Originally Posted by Ihazcakeforu View Post
    My most favouritist move EVER was grappling up into the start area, particularly the ball carrier. But i completely agree that it had to be made that you cant do that.

I do enjoy being down in the pit and grappling someone streaming down the ramp towards a goal.

And the best tactic ive seen (i was on the winning team thats why i enjoyed it) was a stealthie ran over to the enemy goal ledge, and we simply carried the ball around to the left where the healing tokens are and threw to him, he scored vanished (what ever its called in swtor, havnt played that class yet) the ball reset and we did it again and again, not sure why i dont see this used more often.
    That's easily the quickest capping strat. Have one stealthie on the goal line, a tank to carry the ball, a healer to heal the tank and a 4th to pick up the next coming ball, who will then throw it back to the tank. It's so amazingly good, as long as the enemy doesn't catch on and kill your ball grabber, then you need to get it back
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    ...because being black means you can't be racist only prejudice.
    ...black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed.
    Did you just compare slavery to the holocaust? Don't compare them. The holocaust lasted 4 years while slavery lasted for well over 200 years at least in the US FYI

yea honestly im surprised ive literally only seen this done once.
    And im lvl 40 valou so ive played a few games...would be a good strat for easy wins with a premade

10+ Year Old Account
    Force choking the enemy ball handler above a fire

I fucking love huttball.
    being a vanguard i love harpooning ppl into the start zone to kill him, my justification is the announcer does encourage cheating.
    a lot of clutch harpoon pulls on people about to cross the goal line. if your looking a for a an offensive spec with charge, taugrims.com ironfist spec works pretty well.
    now leveling a guardian dps via pvp, love force push reseting force jump. can throw people around pretty well with that.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Huttball is awesome. If there is one thing WoW should steal from this game; its huttball (in some form or another). Not holding my breath tho since they still haven't managed to steal AoE looting from Rift.

Quote Originally Posted by HBpapa View Post
    Huttball is awesome. If there is one thing WoW should steal from this game; its huttball (in some form or another). Not holding my breath tho since they still haven't managed to steal AoE looting from Rift.
    Don't worry, WoW has already stolen one BG format from Rift in there upcoming MoP so I wouldn't hold it against them to try and steal Huttball as well. Not to mention 3-4 of the new Rogue abilities in MoP are direct copies from Rift.

On topic though, I love Huttball as well especially on my Immortal Jugg

Quote Originally Posted by BloodchargedIllidan View Post
    Don't worry, WoW has already stolen one BG format from Rift in there upcoming MoP so I wouldn't hold it against them to try and steal Huttball as well. Not to mention 3-4 of the new Rogue abilities in MoP are direct copies from Rift.

On topic though, I love Huttball as well especially on my Immortal Jugg
    Haven't kept up with MoP changes. Could you elaborate?