Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

CDEW and other R1 players banned

So apparently a crackdown on account sharing by some of the best arena players happened and a few of them including cdew and filo were banned.

Anyone have any more details. I found something posted on blizz forum site.

i40.tinypic.com/25i3c3q.png

Shame. Now the NAO is going to be ruined. But thats what happens when you break the rules i guess. It just seems so arbitrary to single out these guys when there is account sharing in the thousands everyday all over the world.

man, wow seems to keep sucking more and more by the minute... lol

what a shame

10+ Year Old Account
    Really odd choice. Sure, they're high profile and thus much easier to single out, but they're also hosting tournaments that surely draw positive attention to their game.

I don't understand why they'd ban people that aren't causing problems and which are basically providing free advertising.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

who are the people in the picture? and how is that proof?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nitroburst View Post
    Blizzard TOS clearly prohibit account sharing (not to mention MMR abuse). If anything, it shows they're taking measures.
    Blame the players, not WoW.
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 // 2023- || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

Deleted
    The raiding guilds got banned for exploiting too, which actually never hurt anyone.

Account sharing and selling arena ratings which these dudes probably did, on the other hand, does hurt other people. It has a huge negative impact on those poor sods who have to face them in arena while they boost the ratings. I hope they get way worse bans.

Quote Originally Posted by nitroburst View Post

what a shame
    How does this have anything to do with the OP? The game sucks because blizzard banned cheaters?

Player breaks rules
    Blizzard bans players
    "Game sucks!"

If anything the game is better when you ban the cheaters once again its shown that top players can not stay top with out cheating (Just like Vanilla GM/HWL, just like top raiding guilds, ect) and should be banned.
    As for prot... haha losers he dmg needs a nerf with the intercept shield bash wtf silence crit a clothie like a mofo.
    Wow.

I saw this coming.
    Hi

If it is true, then Thank god!

Finally the ego filled R1 kids get what they deserve. It's not wow, its the players causing the problems.

Just shows that Blizz is finally fixing the problems.

Quote Originally Posted by garoboldy View Post

Finally the ego filled R1 kids get what they deserve. It's not wow, its the players causing the problems.

Oh how I agree with this. The whole ArenaJunkies "community" is full of jokers. xP
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Nest View Post
    Oh how I agree with this. The whole ArenaJunkies "community" is full of jokers. xP
    Yeah basically.

Quote Originally Posted by Nest View Post
    Said on mmo-champion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mrwingtipshoes View Post
    If anything the game is better when you ban the cheaters once again its shown that top players can not stay top with out cheating (Just like Vanilla GM/HWL, just like top raiding guilds, ect) and should be banned.
    Cheaters? Far as I know Cdew, Filo and them all never "cheated"; account sharing is most certainly not cheating.

Quote Originally Posted by holypalaswe View Post
    Said on mmo-champion.
    Shatap Sweden.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by garoboldy View Post

smells like jelly

Meanwhile at Blizz HQ:

"Sir despite our best attempts at making the game unplayable this season due to rogue and shaman imbalance these people have the audacity to host a tournament and try to make WoW a competitive E-Sport"

"Ban them all"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Obelodalix View Post
    Cheaters? Far as I know Cdew, Filo and them all never "cheated"; account sharing is most certainly not cheating.

Shatap Sweden.
    it is against the rules however. not sure why though, i have account shared a lot of times with friends. let my friend play on my account loads of times, before he bought wow himself he had his own character on mine that he played while i was offline, should i be banned for that?

It just seems so arbitrary to single out these guys when there is account sharing in the thousands everyday all over the world.
    I don't think you can really compare account sharing in it's most common incarnation, like 2 young brothers sharing an account for instance... to people willfully using it to abuse the game for profit / boosting.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maelle View Post
    I don't think you can really compare account sharing in it's most common incarnation, like 2 young brothers sharing an account for instance... to people willfully using it to abuse the game for profit / boosting.
    blizzards rules are not really clear on that though, they just say we cant account share. maybe someone can dig up what it actually says in their rules.

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    blizzards rules are not really clear on that though, they just say we cant account share. maybe someone can dig up what it actually says in their rules.
    Well, it would be almost impossible to police it anyway for the average Joe... now if you are arrogant / daft enough to climb the ladder to a position of notoriety - then proceed to flaunt the rules for your own gain then you are way more likely to be reported and caught than the hypothetical 2 brother sharing an account.

They would both be punished, but the dudes who are rubbing Blizzards nose in it so to speak are a lot more likely to be caught.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    it is against the rules however. not sure why though, i have account shared a lot of times with friends. let my friend play on my account loads of times, before he bought wow himself he had his own character on mine that he played while i was offline, should i be banned for that?
    yes, you violated TOS and you obviously are aware of it so any penalty you get you deserve.