Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    One does not simply do all the damage in a fight, i just go more as a supporter than the main dps of the group as painful as it is blizzard didn't make us the best dps class nor the easiest one to play but they make us one of the most fun to play. I also simmed myself with my current gear as an orc with legendary stick and the difference is astounding.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ignominious View Post
    What's your simmed DPS increase if you go worgen?
    I just reran the sim for worgen, and adding it my previous post.
    Code:
    46967	+639	+1.38%	him-orc
    46328	+317	+0.69%	him-worgen
    46011	  	   	him-gnome

45857	+636	+1.41%	me-orc
    45221	+307	+0.68%	me-worgen
    44914	  	  	me-gnome

The delta is calculated by comparing to the spec immediately below.

So again, for 25hc ultraxion demonology fightstyle :
    - it's +1.4% for orc vs worgen
    - it's +0.7% for wrogen vs gnome
    - and as stated above, +2% for orc vs gnome

Quote Originally Posted by gakpad View Post
    Explain to me again how 5% pet damage accounts for the difference between getting each tendon down in 2 or less exposures?
    Let's say you have a lower dps friend, your ratial bonus could compensate. Let's say you're letting he tendril at 1% (just an example), then the racial(s) would make a difference. As you were saying, there are cases (or, maybe few, or rare) where it could indeed make a difference ! But if you need "just a little more" to achieve, then that's where the racials could shine. But i agree it's not a must.

Oh, and for ranking whoring, of course. The "right" racial would get me a few steps higher, and even if it's not important, it's something pleasing.
    Last edited by mmoc79483d36b0; 2012-02-24 at 05:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitey View Post
    Pardon my language, but hell no.
    Hell no what?

Quote Originally Posted by nipil View Post
    Let's say you have a lower dps friend, your ratial bonus could compensate. Let's say you're letting he tendril at 1% (just an example), then the racial(s) would make a difference. As you were saying, there are cases (or, maybe few, or rare) where it could indeed make a difference ! But if you need "just a little more" to achieve, then that's where the racials could shine. But i agree it's not a must.
    We got spine down pre-nerf in a 5 caster+hunter raid with no orcs - and two demonology locks just for kicks. Any time we wiped was due to bad rng, or someone failing completely (lag, jumping off the platform(o.O)) by way more than 1% - we never had a sub1% lack of dps.
    YMMV outside 10m, since its pretty much a rule that we don't really have dps checks (with exceptions of spine and p2 madness)

I have never yet found a fight where it has been the difference between unkillable and killable - and we get everything before it is nerfed - unless you count hlk :P

0.02$
    Last edited by rijn dael; 2012-02-26 at 10:32 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Necrot View Post
    If the Orc racial offered 'a lot of extra dps' Blizzard would correct it to make it a more equal benefit along with other racials.
    This I would not be so sure about ><

____________________R.I.P Excessive Gaming____________________

orc racials slightly increases your dps around 1% (spell+5%pet damage).
    No much but I think better retain it if ur a hc player.

If you want a straight answer then sim your character in your spec and your gear as an orc and then as a troll and decide if the difference is negligible enough for your current situation. It depends on your guild's expectations for your performance and how far you want to min-max your character.
    ~ I'm having trouble hearing you. Getting a lot of bullshit on this line. ~

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rijn dael View Post
    I have never yet found a fight where it has been the difference between unkillable and killable
    You're right, that's not what i was saying (ie killable vs unkillable). That was not my point. My opinion was that it could make the difference between a specific pull being a premature wipe or "progression-and-maybe-a-kill". And when i said this on 24 feb, i didn't realize how true it could be...

On last thursday we got a couple of wipes where one tendril closed at about 1% HP remaining. We weren't good enough on that pulls, that's sure, and i don't argue. But my point was to say that having this kind of racial bonuses would (surely) have yielded a different outcome, even with the exact same gameplay and RNG. It would have enable us to go on a little more, which would have been enjoyable.

Except that what you're saying is a fallacy, in that you can apply the same logic to *any* single improvement you can make on your character. There is always a potential to fail extremely close to your goal regardless of what you do to improve yourself. You're making a case for needing full epic gems in every piece of gear just as much as for going orc instead of troll, so I don't see how it's relevent to this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by gakpad View Post
    You're making a case for needing full epic gems in every piece of gear
    No - being cheap has no justification. Other races bring different things - ie gob/worg utility, belf for healers - and nef. Goblin jump has saved me from dying more than I have wiped sub1%. Not having epic gems doesn't have any redeeming value, except for your wallet.
    Last edited by rijn dael; 2012-03-04 at 11:26 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rijn dael View Post
    No - being cheap has no justification. Other races bring different things - ie gob/worg utility, belf for healers - and nef. Goblin jump has saved me from dying more than I have wiped sub1%. Not having epic gems doesn't have any redeeming value, except for your wallet.
    I miss my goblin jump I remember being in charge of taking traps on Hrag and having to use my portal to dodge a lava wall I wasn't aware of, as goblin it's np! Just fly up and goblin jump 10yards over the ground!

To big imo, it should be tuned down or give other classes without 0dps increase racials something

Do as you wish, if you hate looking at your orc and don't really care, then change. If you raid, and actually care about anything, you should stay orc. ~500 DPS is ~500 DPS. Just because the heroic wand is such a minor upgrade from the normal wand, would you pass it up and just let it be disenchanted?

Orc is a superior choice if you want to max your dmg, not only for progress but generally for the feeling you're pushing class to the limits. It's the same as going undead/human for pvp. But it's in no way as game changing as having specific racials in pvp and with recent nerfs to DS you should be fine with whatever race you choose.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Necrot View Post
    A dps loss, yes. A lot, no.

If the Orc racial offered 'a lot of extra dps' Blizzard would correct it to make it a more equal benefit along with other racials.

It's 5% on pets and ~600 spellpower on a 2min cd.

Just a very, very blunt math: If your pet does 1.000.000 dps as a troll warlock, it would do 1.050.000 dps as orc. Also take note of how long it takes to do 1mil damage. (careful reminder, blunt math not counting crits, procs etc etc, just to make an example).
    That's more damage than the legendary pumps out.
    dictated but not read.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatInternet View Post
    That's more damage than the legendary pumps out.
    The legendary only does 50k? Really? That's interesting because every single credible source says you're wrong. The legendary proc replicates ~8% of your damaging spells. Show me how you're getting that the orc racial is more than 8% damage lol.

And help me god if you think he actually means 50k dps and not 50k damage. I hope you're intelligent enough to realize that pets don't do 1 million dps and infer that he mean't damage, not dps.

Like your avatar, not sure if idiot, or just trolling?

Mod edit: Infracted
    Last edited by Penguin FTW; 2012-03-07 at 12:26 AM.