Poll: Which Race Do You Prefer?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 22 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Race: Sylvari

Why: Mainly due to the fact that they are a very new race, just sprouting up. They are a new concept in MMO's of this nature and can't wait to get my roots sunken into their lore.

I also enjoy planting puns, in case you couldn't figure that out.

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    IMO, them calling somebody short is like the Norn calling a Human short. :O!
    Well, I called myself short I honestly don't place any negative or positive connotations on it either way though.
    ...and...I'm fairly certain we're all human so the point of reference is the same xD
    I dunno......I've just always loved playing short races...maybe it just comes more naturally to me.

Deleted
    Meeeow...... Fzzrrrrr

Decided: I will roll an Asura Mesmer. I hope...

If I was to play this game I would play a Norn, the closest thing i'll ever get to playing a Vrykul

Originally I had planned to be Sylvari, but the whole look and feel of the race started to rub me the wrong way. I've moved over to Human now. Thought about Norn for a bit, but I think they're too large in size for my liking.

Norn all the way. They are huge and look like vikings, complete badasses IMO.

Deleted
    Sylvari because they're living plants.
    Norn because of their traditions and strengh.
    Humans because of their noble ancestry(might be the first game where I actually play a human).
    Charr for their steampunk and their sleep emote.
    Asura for their buildings.

In this order I like them. Every race also has something I dislike, but the order is like this because as we go higher races have less I dislike, for example I only dislike the faces of sylvari and the way some of their hair looks, so it's all cosmetics, but as we go to the other end, I dislike the asura because they're so full of themselves and they awakened a dragon because they were full of themselves, and cosmetic wise, I find them really ugly. It's my opinion of course, everyone with theirs, it doesn't mean I will dislike having asura players in my groups or something... I might make some jokes, but that's about it. I just don't think I'll ever roll one.

Deleted
    Going to be playing norn or human because of their racials. Like those the most.

Deleted
    Human! cuz they're cute.
    No but seriously, I think humans In Gw2 seems soo much more interesting then the most human races in other games. I probably going to play a charr or asura as well I think their personal story was pretty interesting to.

Asura, cause they're the coolest little guys in any MMO I've played. And aside from a goblin alt in wow I never touched the little guy. So I think it's time.

10+ Year Old Account
    lost somewhere in the corn fields of middle America
    Asura, originally I had planned on rolling Norn but after I tried em last BWE I fell in love with them completely unexpectedly and now want to make lots of them for all the professions though im going to try to fit a Norn and a Char in there somewhere. Their attitudes, fluid animations, starting area is why as everything was just very well done.

Funnily enough all my friends also decided they love em too so we are all rolling Asura's lol. Anyone know of a all Asura guild? Would love to see a huge group of us rolling around in WVWVW causing mayhem!.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by yoomi View Post
    Human! cuz they're cute.
    No but seriously, I think humans In Gw2 seems soo much more interesting then the most human races in other games. I probably going to play a charr or asura as well I think their personal story was pretty interesting to.
    I agree with and I usually hate humans in MMOs. So human female warrior as my main to start out with, then....

Asura Guardian
    Norn Mesmer
    Slyvari Thief
    Char whatever

in that order over time.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    At first I wrote off the game even based on the fact that there were Charr and Asura in it, lol. Now I am actually, well most likely, going to start an Asura Engineer (used to be on the whole Sylvari Necromancer for first char thing), mostly because it intrigues me, from what I have read they seem like a very curious and ingenious race, which is why I think that the Engineer fits it perfectly, and that class seems very uncharacteristic for fantasy MMO's, and very interesting to me.

Since you won't need to go balls out on leveling, and apparently every level will take the same amount of time, I will most likely have a few alts, and at least I want to see and explore the world through different characters.

Norn Warrior, Sylvari Necromancer, Human Mesmer are most likely some of the characters I will roll up. Possibly a charr warrior too.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's really awesome to see the poll results pretty much neck and neck with each other. I love that.

Anyways, I voted Sylvari because they're just amazing in every aspect! How they're a new race to the world and very curious and how they love to learn and explore, it opens up a lot to the imagination with characters. Also, they look great. Never really seen a plant person before, and I guess the originality (to me at least) just speaks to me.

I'll of course have a character of each race because they have their own merits, but the Sylvari alone make me just giddy to play the game.

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." - Dr. Seuss
    I DOODLE!

its a small tie between Norn and Sylvari... but am not sure yet how i will do the proffesion on the Norn since mostly all people are going to take Norn warrior but i will defiantly make a Sylvari necromancer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Norn main because they can shape-shift so i can live my feral druid dreams in GW2. talk about instilling fear in people in WvW then tearing them a new one, good times.

then Charr due to them being feral cats, their /threaten emote and their /dance emote coz who does not love the New Zealand All Blacks and their Haka???!!!!!
    if the included roaring with the emote how awesome would that be?
    "Cherish the quiet...before my STORM!"

For a $5/5000 in-game credit bonus for backing
    Star Citizen (MMO) or Squadron 42 (Single Player/Co-op) use my Referral code: STAR-3QDY-SZBG
    Star Citizen Video Playlist

Norn, because I have played Chaos Chosen in Warhammer Online for +1 year and I miss it soo much. Luckily, there are at least 3-5 armor sets for Norn Warrior that look alike WAR Chosen's <3

Then Human female Elementalist/Thief <3

Sylvari. So I'm allowed to have a completely justified hatred on any and all Asura.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Charr! I absolutely love the lore, and viewing this race from their perspective after being the main antagonist will be interesting as well.