10+ Year Old Account

Death from Above! (Achievement)

Info: This is the Beth'tilac Achievement from Glory to the Firelands Raider

Does anyone know how to do this achievement? Anything you should warn me about? What can mess this achievement up?

This is all I know so far: You weaken the Drones on the ground (20%~), let their energy bars run out, and kill them when they are up in the web. We did this last week, but we didn't get the achievement. Are we supposed to leave the drones that are alive up for all of phase 2? We killed the surviving ones in Phase 2.
    Last edited by Derivatives; 2012-02-22 at 08:52 PM.
    Power?!?! I'll show you POWER!!!

you shouldnt kill any survive-ing drones in phase 2 ANY drones that are killed MUST be killed on top of the web...so you mustnt kill any in phase 2 since you cant get to the web in that phse

10+ Year Old Account
    Do I need to control how much DPS we do to the boss in phase 1? We'll phase her quickly with our DPS lol.
    Power?!?! I'll show you POWER!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually burning the boss quickly will only help matters. The achievement doesn't say anything about drones you don't kill at all, so if you were to, say, drop a thermonuke on her web and kill her in 15 seconds before the first drone even spawned, you'd get it.

As mentiond above, there will be some surviving drones in phase 2 that must simply not die. Most DS-geared tanks and healers can handle that without major issues, while DS-level DPS will kill the boss in phase 2 quickly to make the tanks'/healers' job even easier.