Deleted

Bottled wishes vs dmc:v.

On a gearlist at graymatter bottled wishes is ranked below dmc:v.This seems weird since dmc averages ~400 intellect and bw averages ~382 and while you can allign dmc better with eclipses but that should be outweighed by the difference in stats.

Simcraft shows only a minor difference between the two, with DMC:V slightly ahead, except when you can get to a haste breakpoint with BW.
    http://hidden.bplaced.net/public/Balance_Trinkets.html
    For fights with increased damage phases or add phases, BW can easily pull ahead.

Otherwise I'm not sure what you're saying there. How do you align DMC:V with eclipse?

Deleted
    You can unequip dmc before the fight so that it procs with an eclipse,so it will be up for every third eclipse while bw will be there for every sixth.So the frequency of dmc procs and it's duration favor it on this matter.This is mostly for standstill fights(ultraxion,maybe morchok,hagara and zon'ozz) when movement doesn't interfere with your eclipse frequency.
    BW isn't worth the purchase as an all around trinket so I got my answer.
    Last edited by mmoc53495deb40; 2012-02-23 at 03:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by smn View Post
    You can unequip dmc before the fight so that it procs with an eclipse,so it will be up for every third eclipse while bw will be there for every sixth.So the frequency of dmc procs and it's duration favor it on this matter.This is mostly for standstill fights(ultraxion,maybe morchok,hagara and zon'ozz) when movement doesn't interfere with your eclipse frequency.
    BW isn't worth the purchase as an all around trinket so I got my answer.
    how I would rank fights on terms of movement on heroic (% of fight you move):

Gunship (charges, fire, getting in swirlies)
    Hagara (ice phase, soaking ice lance, ice tombs, lightning phase)
    Morchok (black phase, every single damn crystal)
    Zon'ozz (getting in and out to soak some big purple balls, along with moving to dps tentacles)
    Skittles (move 6 times basically to kill adds, maybe slight adjustments if green is up)
    Spine (move away from plate during explosions, move during rolls)
    Madness (move 4 times, maybe a bit more for tentacle whack adjustments, corrupting parasite, and bolt stacking)
    Ultraxion (dont move)

Spine, ultraxion and madness you are nearly at identical points in your rotation on any given attempt.

---------- Post added 2012-02-23 at 10:14 AM ----------

On many fights it can be incredibly tight to maintain a rotation and get back to solar, thus i recommend extra haste

Quote Originally Posted by smn View Post
    Can you give me a source for some TC on that matter? I'm only off-spec balance and not entirely familiar with that concept.
    For instance, our Ultraxion hc kills always take 5:38 for some reason. So without un-equipping it before the start, I get 8 procs of Volcanic Destruction, giving an uptime of 28%. If I had un-equipped it so that the first proc is delayed to the first eclipse, I would have gotten one full proc less during the fight (since the last proc ended 2s before the boss died) = 24%. Is it worth losing one proc for a slightly better eclipse alignment?

Deleted
    On ultraxion you can get yourself in lunar from the trash.If your eclipse bar resets after a wipe you can unequip it ~35 seconds before the pull and go straight for lunar,it's most likely a dps increase.If it's hard to arrange a pull like that,you can unequip it 5 seconds before the pull,then go solar and then lunar(save your starfall for that lunar).

Why I prefer working with a haste proc trinket - the haste only really matters when applying dots, otherwise (unless a small dmg increase phase like hagara) it does not matter if you are in eclipse or not when it procs.

Ideally, avoid both trinkets if possible.