Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

I feel like if Blizz fixed the bugs in Dragonsoul...

It would be a bigger nerf than the 10%. Attempting to progress on heroic Madness with a person dieing every time due to the jump buff not actually popping them onto the next platform is the most infuriating thing I have ever encountered. Considering that this encounter is extremely long, this happening on the 4th or last platform drives me up a wall. How about bloods staying up from a previous attempt on spine? That is really fun as well. Oh, and what about the Zonozz ball just completely stopping in the middle of the floor? This has to be one of the buggiest raids Blizzard has ever released. I can't believe these problems, which have been happening since day 1, have not been fixed yet.
    Last edited by Afflictid; 2012-02-23 at 04:22 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've yet to experience even one of these bugs, you must have REALLY bad luck if they're seriously occurring enough to slow progression

Every attempt on Madness tonight, someone has died due to the jump platform not popping them up. I have heard many, many recounts of these bugs happening. It would appear you are extremely lucky to NOT have seen these.

The only one of those "bugs" I've even heard of is the platform jump one and, invariably, it always happens because a mage tries to blink, a warrior heroic leap or druid/warrior trying to charge.

platform bug is more likely to occur if u use sum kind of movement speed increase or sumthing that suddenly alters your toon's location like blink, or disengage. if you are doing that every time, it might explain why sum1 died every attempt. ive tested jump+disengage and it's pretty much guranteed to kill you every time.

Progressing on H Hagara was a blast for a while. Couldn't get enough of buggy lightning phases where it wouldn't chain to someone 3 yards away, hitbox bugs with the ice wall for people with the Madness agility staff, taunts for Focused Assult that didn't work... it was great. The lightning bug was the worst and bar far the most common we experienced. We would have killed that boss much, much sooner than we did if it weren't for that.

An extra blood on Spine isn't a bad thing in the beginning. The falling in between platforms on Madness, however, was retarded. We didn't see it that often, but when we did it was always at least 10 minutes into the fight.

Deleted
    I've seen the madness bug happen a lot, and it's caused a lot of wipes for me aswell.. I completely understand how frustrating it gets. I've seen the bloods bug once or twice but I've never heard of that Zonozz bug - what happens?

We've only seen that once. The ball on Zon'ozz will spawn, go active, and instead of bouncing as it should into melee, it will just sit there in ranged. Needless to say that it makes the fight literally impossible. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Krayken View Post
    The only one of those "bugs" I've even heard of is the platform jump one and, invariably, it always happens because a mage tries to blink, a warrior heroic leap or druid/warrior trying to charge.
    Happened to our warlock, shaman, priest, and others.

I've experienced all of these bugs at one time or another....they happen few and far between and in are no way game breaking.

I'm *pretty* sure I saw someone die to that bug in Madness just this week, and someone was actually able to brez them. Don't hold me to it, as people in LFR are extra special, but it was during when we were platform hopping. Worth a shot to brez them if it happens, I guess. Doesn't fix it, but...meh. We actually didn't get this bug in our guild for weeks, and then someone mentioned it and it started happening that evening. I will admit though, DS is a very buggy raid, and though the rest of Cata was abbreviated I feel the quality is vastly subpar compared to FL and t11.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by backupoffmeson View Post
    I've experienced all of these bugs at one time or another....they happen few and far between and in are no way game breaking.
    The random death bug when switching platforms on madness can actually happen quite a lot. We had a night a couple weeks ago where it happened to at least one person every attempt for the whole night. I think it has something to do with latency and the server not registering where you are quickly enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Afflictid View Post
    It would be a bigger nerf than the 10%. Attempting to progress on heroic Madness with a person dieing every time due to the jump buff not actually popping them onto the next platform is the most infuriating thing I have ever encountered. Considering that this encounter is extremely long, this happening on the 4th or last platform drives me up a wall. How about bloods staying up from a previous attempt on spine? That is really fun as well. Oh, and what about the Zonozz ball just completely stopping in the middle of the floor? This has to be one of the buggiest raids Blizzard has ever released. I can't believe these problems, which have been happening since day 1, have not been fixed yet.
    I have not yet experienced madness or spine on heroic however i agree totally that the shit with Zonozz is a joke. Many a wipe caused because mechanics just don't work and aren't being fixed, but i guess this is why they're just nerfing it. Why look into fixing coding when they can just smash it down some more so it doesn't matter as much that its buggy? right?

---------- Post added 2012-02-23 at 03:51 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Lumpriest View Post
    Progressing on H Hagara was a blast for a while. Couldn't get enough of buggy lightning phases where it wouldn't chain to someone 3 yards away, hitbox bugs with the ice wall for people with the Madness agility staff, taunts for Focused Assult that didn't work... it was great. The lightning bug was the worst and bar far the most common we experienced. We would have killed that boss much, much sooner than we did if it weren't for that.

An extra blood on Spine isn't a bad thing in the beginning. The falling in between platforms on Madness, however, was retarded. We didn't see it that often, but when we did it was always at least 10 minutes into the fight.
    Currently experiencing the bugs with Hagara which are infuriating. Popping all my CD's to heal people through that phase and my fastest and biggest heals still aren't enough to keep them alive alot of the time. It's beyond ridiculous!

Very frustrating that they can't program non-bugged fights.

Quote Originally Posted by Lumpriest View Post

I see that you're obviously way past hagara now but what we did to avoid people dying to the ice walls was have pretty much everyone go in the middle and just heal through the damage that way no one had an excuse to die on the ice wall phase, although this is probably easier in 25man which we run.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Afflictid View Post
    ^ vanilla raiding... people forget that's why it was hard =P just wanted to point that out, mkay
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

our first raid night attempting heroic dw, we buff up and get pumped. getting excited i was like "LETS DO THIS SHIT!" start the fight and i fall thru platforms instantly. killed our momentum
    Intel i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz | Asetek 550LC 120MM Watercooler | MSI Z97 PC MATE | XFX Radeon R9 390X 8GB | ADATA 16GB DDR3-2133MHz XPG V3 |
    1TB WD Caviar Blue | 128GB Sandisk Z400S SSD | NZXT Phantom 410 | EVGA 750W SuperNova G1 80+ GOLD | External 2TB WD Elements

15+ Year Old Account
    the reason u die when platform jumping is bc you arent facing forward, if you are strafing or facing to the left or right u will fall.

Quote Originally Posted by gutnbrg View Post
    the reason u die when platform jumping is bc you arent facing forward, if you are strafing or facing to the left or right u will fall.
    Sorry but that's simply not the case I always jump or strafe from platform to platform - sometimes spinning around out of boredom I basically never face the next one and have yet to fall through.

I've even seen the Mutated Corruptions on Madness not taunt, and we're not talking about the original tank pulling them back, we're talking about Recount showing the new tank way ahead on threat yet the target never changing.