Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by OmniSkribe View Post
    Wait? What do u mean? No more instanced quest area except cities? So i have to share mobs with other players etc?
    Read up yo

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodhunter View Post
    So i've fast read article (Thanks for info btw) and found this 2 paragraphs.
    1) Kill Stealing – There’s no kill stealing in GW2....
    2) Playing With Your Friends - MMOs these days are designed so that you might play with a friend if you...

So we play together right? Thanks for opening my eyes. i thought it'll be like GW1. I won't buy it then they ruined the best thing i loved in GW.

2) Playing With Your Friends - MMOs these days are designed so that you might play with a friend if you...

So we play together right? Thanks for opening my eyes. i thought it'll be like GW1. I won't buy it then they ruined the best thing i loved in GW.
    You mean the special solo zones? Yes, they did.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yup, this is a 100% MMO. Sorry for your disappointment.

Deleted
    Just point them in the direction of the beta video's if that doesn't get them excited then nothing will

10+ Year Old Account

They indeed made the world like regular MMO's so everyone will be in the same zone, but the game doesn't work like wow does, where you're actually not happy when you see another player because he'll steal your kills/nodes/etc. In gw2, meeting another player means you both get loot from the mob, you can both get the node, and you'll actually be happy to see other players.
    Monk, I need a monk!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jvbastel View Post
    They indeed made the world like regular MMO's so everyone will be in the same zone, but the game doesn't work like wow does, where you're actually not happy when you see another player because he'll steal your kills/nodes/etc. In gw2, meeting another player means you both get loot from the mob, you can both get the node, and you'll actually be happy to see other players.
    Yeap it's something different but my main problem is all other player with of stupid nicknames (a*alcrushers, zomgpwnrs etc), swears in chat and stuff like that. I just can't stand ppl like that. Anyway thanks for answers and sorry for Offtopic questions.

That would be like someone saying he won't play World of Warcraft because he didn't like Warcraft 3's gameplay. It's the same universe, but it doesn't play the same way AT ALL.

why thank you for all the responses, guys. I will give it another go then

Personally i do not understand how one can NOT be excited. It is too awesome

Quote Originally Posted by guff View Post
    Hey people.

I am hyped for this game, it has so many of the things that I have been missing in WoW (and that WoW has been losing recently). Unfortunately I am not able to convince my friends to get into it. The main problem is that they just say something like: "Ah Guild wars... Don't get your hopes up. I played the first one and it had so many flaws. Sure it had good points but the bad ones outweighed them by far."

They dont really go into details about what wass missing, but as they didnt continue playing it I do believe them.

So, my question is this:
    Why would a player that disliked Guild Wars want to try GW2? Which issues have been fixed/removed?

Thanks,
    Guff
    They probably won't. I've had to listen to a majority of my friends shit talk GW2 (with obviously no research at all on it) because "GW1 sucked." I play GW1 every day and find nothing wrong with it, they however did. They just feel that it's too different, too primitive, or doesn't resemble World of Warcraft enough for them to get into it. They'll come around eventually. One of mine did yesterday and I just say I told you so.

Regardless of what anyone says, GW1 has one of the best skill systems in online RPGs. You actually have to pay attention and think about when you're using your skills rather than spamming them when you have enough mana, in fact if you're running out of mana you're doing it wrong.

I wouldn't say your opinion on Guild Wars has anything at all to do with Guild Wars 2.

Quote Originally Posted by tohyatvc View Post
    I wouldn't say your opinion on Guild Wars has anything at all to do with Guild Wars 2.
    I've already replied to the OP in an earlier post and yes, it actually does. In GW2 you're not going to just use abilities because they're off cooldown, you need to manage them and use them according to what is going on around you. Similarly, endurance(dodging) is very similar to a manabar, just in a different format.

10+ Year Old Account
    well after being excited for gw2 i started researching guild wars 1 etc looking to get it to buy time til gw2 and also do some hall of monuments stuff...so far these 2 games are the most different MMO's that it could possibly be from each other....like g to the fuck g different. Only similarity they share is lore.

The only thing you should remember from GW1 is that Arenanet can deliver games. Games that last. GW1 is still ongoing.

Yes the game has problems. Geometry is very limited. No jumping (lolwtf??). Heavy instancing to save bandwidth. Etc, etc...

But GW2 is looking freaking good. The second quest seems to be a public quest. Fight mechanics are looking promising. I really hope GW2 will be just like it's advertised.