Rift Updater Issues

I was looking for a fix for my Update downloading speed (150ish Kilobytes a second) Yeah it blows, at about 50% with 9 hours to go. On a Wireless network with nothing else open and no other devices in use on this network.

Found this about an hour ago not sure what is meant by
    "At the end of the file insert this line:
    208.94.26.142 update2.triongames.com"

Does this mean RIGHT after "hosts" in "%SystemRoot%\system32\drivers\etc\hosts" or what I'm not very computer literate and I'm not sure what all this means.

Originally Posted by Munny Shot

I tried all the various solutions suggested and nothing worked for me. Been trying to download the 1.26 gig patch literally all day. I finally found this on an archived forum posting and it worked for me... whereas I was looking at a 3 hr remaining time before, it raced through at well over 1Mb/s in just a few minutes.

Hope it works for you as well as it did for me.

Start->Run (or Windows Key + R)
    Type: notepad.exe %SystemRoot%\system32\drivers\etc\hosts
    * If you're on Win7/Vista, you need to open notepad.exe as administrator then manually open that specific file. It's going to be in C:\Windows\system32\drivers\etc. The file is named 'hosts'

At the end of the file insert this line:
    208.94.26.142 update2.triongames.com

Save the file. Re-run the patcher.

If anyone has another fix for my issue, I'd greatly appreciate it, I've been patching altogether for about 20 hours and I'm geting a little fed up with this issue.

10+ Year Old Account
    Free bump for a post that was in a moderated que.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeon Project View Post
    I was looking for a fix for my Update downloading speed (150ish Kilobytes a second) Yeah it blows, at about 50% with 9 hours to go. On a Wireless network with nothing else open and no other devices in use on this network.

Found this about an hour ago not sure what is meant by
    "At the end of the file insert this line:
    208.94.26.142 update2.triongames.com"

Does this mean RIGHT after "hosts" in "%SystemRoot%\system32\drivers\etc\hosts" or what I'm not very computer literate and I'm not sure what all this means.
    Basically first close RIFTs launcher, then go to C:\Windows\system32\drivers\etc, open the file called hosts with Notepad, at the bottom of the file in notepad, create a new line (press Enter) and add this:

208.94.26.142 update2.triongames.com

And then save the file and close notepad, and rerun the launcher.

I would honestly just try using a network cable to connect to your modem/router first though. I've never had speed issues except when my wireless connection is shaky/weak/acting up, and I have not added that line to my hosts file (though that is not to say that it won't work for you). So try connecting with a network cable first.