Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I was enamored with the leveling experience, but the end-game is a direct copy of WoW's, only with less content and significantly more bugs. The daily quests are beyond bland and lack immersion, the absence of a global LFG is crippling, and Ilum is arguably the most horribly executed idea in the history of MMOs. To make matters worse, there's no dual talent specialization. It's mind-boggling to think that in this day and age I can't switch between tanking and dps, or PvE and PvP specs on the fly. I started that mind-numbing Battlemaster grind and gave up around hour 300 of Huttball.

In my opinion, WoW does WoW better then SWTOR does. SWTOR is everything that made me leave WoW, only they do it even worse. That said, there's no way I'm coming back to WoW. You couldn't pay me to come back to that game.

Hopefully I get in the GW2 beta.
    Last edited by Jahrastafari; 2012-02-23 at 01:47 PM.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Let's get some FACTS straight...

They didn't say most successful MMO...They said the fastest GROWING mmo...Meaning they sold more then everyone else on LAUNCH week...

A successful launch IN THEIR EYES is one not plagued with weeks of high queues, server crashes and restarts...

Yes SOME people complain about the game and "how BAD" it still is "bug wise"...But it's the same cry babies filling wow forums with their QQ threads...The truth is A LOT of people actually enjoy the game...

See...I'm one of those players...and yes some bugs are VERY annoying...but it's still an awesome game.

The vast majority of players aren't qq'ing on the forums...They're too busy enjoying the game
    Last edited by OhpUldum; 2012-02-23 at 04:41 PM. Reason: You don't have to quote the OP's entire post for a reply.

Smile

Was playing wow the other day ( as part of my "free 7 days begging" that blizzard non stop spams us these days just to fill subscribe numbers up )
    So i roll my lock right, started casting then lock stays animation-locked , like you move as wraith without walk animation or anything.Later, i spam fear to a dude who gets inside a bloody wall in the house in wsg.I started shadowbolting him while i couldnt even see him , dude dies. I logout the game ,laughing at those who complained for some minor bugs that occurred in the 2month old swtor.

Playing wow for free made me appreciate swtor.On another notice, seeing how miserable things have become and having absolutely 0 population outside cities these days, I have serious - very serious - suspicion that the number provided by Blizzard for their 'subscriber' numbers are way off. OR, some people just bought annual pass and cba to play the game .The fact was that i knew 1-2 people in my guild after 6 months of absence and that most oldschoolers have flied off to uknown games or rl .

Buying swtor collector's edition was the most well spend money i had in 2011 . Its evident to me that the ones who develop the game are actually 'thirsty' for creation and fixing , and they havent abandoned the product on its own fate like other companies. That is ofc until they somehow start implementing pandas or other crappy things as expansions themselves .

I'm just shocked they're not talking about how they spent almost 500 million dollars in advertisements.

That's half a billion.

And that they haven't even scratched the surface of making that make, let alone making a profit.

But I suppose PR is PR

---------- Post added 2012-02-23 at 12:34 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Somebodyelse View Post
    They didn't say most successful MMO...They said the fastest GROWING mmo...Meaning they sold more then everyone else on LAUNCH week...
    http://www.gameborder.com/news/3036/...20one%20month/

That would like to have a word with you

Please do not post misinformation as fact. The company did not spend 500 million in advertising. Either source your information or don't talk about it. - Cula
    Last edited by OhpUldum; 2012-02-23 at 04:48 PM.

Did they really spend 500 mil on advertisements? I highly doubt that >.<

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    Did they really spend 500 mil on advertisements? I highly doubt that >.<
    They didn't even spend that on development and advertising combined. It's just one of those 'facts' that people hear and repeat without thinking.
    Last edited by Jahrastafari; 2012-02-23 at 12:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    It's just PR, you can't blame a company for it. Do you think they're going to make a video saying how many mistakes they made?
    Well funny thing is i would rather play or buy a game from a company that would release a movie and was talking about some of the good things but also talked about all the stuff that wasnt working like it should, than a company that released a video and just talked about all the good stuff and how great their game is over other games. atleast then i would know that they where aware of all the stuff that didnt worked and would hopefully fix it, and that is better for me than someone that pretends that everything is alright and working like it should

Deleted
    I stopped playing the game as soon I found out that almost no low dungeons are available at max lvl heroic mode. The few dungeons that looked challenging on max lvl just got swiped away from my eyes. I don't intend to do the same 3-4 dungeons everyday.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alyssa View Post
    /cjoin LFD

Player created channels are global.
    I’ll look into that, actually, is it would be a big help.

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Nonsensical stance is nonsensical. All of the hullabaloo over LFG was nothing but ridiculous hyperbole and people seem to forget how utterly atrocious getting groups even WITH a useless LFG channel was for specific servers.

Frankly, it sounds like implementing the system would easily fix TOR's lfg problem.
    There’s nothing nonsensical about it, unless you cannot see past your own preference and are content to ignore the inherent problems that come with a dungeon queue.

Whatever floats your boat but I’d rather have a longer wait where I can at least go and do other things, than put up with the removal of personal responsibility and the encouragement of deliberately unhelpful behaviour that a random queue brings with it.

Not to mention the objectively detrimental impact it has on the game itself.

Quote Originally Posted by GallowsZA View Post
    I'm not sure who told you that BioWare read these forums, or that they will pour over your letter and do everything in their might to do as you command, but you were lied to.
    Oh, so starting a discussion on a discussion forum is somehow the wrong thing to do?

I didn’t receive that memo.

And you can bet your bottom dollar that BioWare representatives do read these forums to some extent.

---------- Post added 2012-02-23 at 01:13 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Raven View Post
    Well funny thing is i would rather play or buy a game from a company that would release a movie and was talking about some of the good things but also talked about all the stuff that wasnt working like it should, than a company that released a video and just talked about all the good stuff and how great their game is over other games. atleast then i would know that they where aware of all the stuff that didnt worked and would hopefully fix it, and that is better for me than someone that pretends that everything is alright and working like it should
    Very well put.

Sure the video is somewhat of a bad joke, but you cant blame them strike while the iron is hot and try to grab up all the ppl you can. The tossing out of crazy magazine awards and quotes are always fun to see, IGN.com giving it game of the year for 2011 is the best by far. Now I didnt play any other new games last year but if 7 days of SWTOR beat all the other games then something is really wrong.

---------- Post added 2012-02-23 at 01:23 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Jumpieboi View Post
    I'm just shocked they're not talking about how they spent almost 500 million dollars in advertisements.

That's half a billion.

And that they haven't even scratched the surface of making that make, let alone making a profit.

But I suppose PR is PR

---------- Post added 2012-02-23 at 12:34 PM ----------

http://www.gameborder.com/news/3036/...20one%20month/

That would like to have a word with you
    SWTOR is considered a new game which is how they are getting away with saying this while Cata was an expansion.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

My god this forum has gone to shit..
    "I'm just shocked they're not talking about how they spent almost 500 million dollars in advertisements.
    That's half a billion."

Eurgh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alyssa View Post
    And once again we have a bash on TOR thread combined with "I quit because of X Y Z", no idea why I even bother reading any more.
    Eh?

I’m still enjoying the game immensely, but it has a number of problems that I’d rather see time spent fixing. I have no intention to quit, whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by Thylacine View Post
    Eh?

I’m still enjoying the game immensely, but it has a number of problems that I’d rather see time spent fixing. I have no intention to quit, whatsoever.
    You do realize that the people fixing problems aren't the people making those videos right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    I'm honestly confused by a lot of these complains. What is there to do in WoW at max level that there isn't to do in TOR? PvP? Hard Modes? Raiding?
    I think the main reasons there seems like a lot less to do at endgame in SWTOR, from a fresh player perspective, is that: currency is almost entirely meaningless, there's very little to farm for in terms of consumables, gems, enchants, glyphs, etc, professions are so completely hands-off and uninvolved and the codex is such a poor substitute for WoW's achievement system.

Sure, WoW's endgame is mostly just raids, BGs, dungeons, dailies too. But SWTOR's version really just strips down the game to explicitly just those 4 things. It doesn't make any effort to disguise it or throw up any distractions whatsoever.
    Last edited by Leih; 2012-02-23 at 02:06 PM.

World of Wacraft was horrible at launch even a few months in, raids that did not work etc..

Secondly..
    it's Biowares FIRST MMO EVER you silly sod! of course it's going to be shite(in the start)

People complaining about End game content..
    Go PLAY ANOTHER CLASS, change the story of your main class or something, raid some Republic area or something camp some guy trying to level his level 40 on hoth(or something like that >.<)
    Mess around, go to planets finnish them up!

Fourthly.
    They Did not plan for people to get to level 50 and such so damn quickly and if you just dinged 50 and you get bored..go play CoD or something >.<
    Cause then you certaintly aint one of thoes players who should be playing a MMORPG.
    Massively multiplayer online role-playing game, that's an MMORPG. IT's A ROLE-PLAYING GAME, go to an RP server try to immerse your self's with your Character.

They didn't plan for people to get to 50 two months after the game was released? What? We didn't get there quickly - you people who aren't 50 yet are just absurdly slow.

I think they are right, the game was a moderate sucesss at launch, its losing players but its up to them to step up with patch 1.2 to get them back.

This game didnt stole many players from WOW, they claim 1.7 so they are either new players wich is always good or there are alot of dual paying customers like myself and pretty much everyone I know.

I feel there is okish stuff to do at 50 could be more ofc, the last space battles are a disappointment, there is nothing to do with companions, and the only solo content its half a dozen quests in Ilum and Belsavis. The FPs are fun, but when ur full columi they become worthless. PVP without a ranking system just feels meaningless to me

Anyway if they keep with the dual month content updates, and the weekly fixes and general qol improvments this game can be totaly diferent in a year.

I hope Bioware doesnt sleep under the sucess they claim on this video thats all.

The big problem they have at this point is the true lack of inflation that Wow has. People have it right so far, Wow really is, in the end, a power gains game like most MMO's, and at least until expac those power gains are from PVP/PVE, Heroics, Rated BG's/Arena, Raids, and Random BG's. HOWEVER! There is archaeology, which is a grind, but it is something to do, and I enjoy it, there's camping out TONS of rare spawns, from ghost gnomes to spirit beasts, to camel jars, to dragon dino mounts, I've camped all that shit. It's RANDOM little things. I've got EVERY COOKING RECIPE EVER! I'm three Alchemy recipes away from EVERYONE OF THOSE! It's all that bloated meaningless shit that causes you to not think about the fact we are gonna do those 4 same fucking things in the same 4-6 different places they throw us in depending on the patch.

Star Wars needs to up the frivolous bloat, in all honesty, they need SOMETHING to blow that currency on. Otherwise the grind isn't worth anything, camping isn't worth anything, there's no cheese at the end of the rat race, and people start to wonder what the Hell is up.

Quote Originally Posted by Kharli View Post

They Did not plan for people to get to level 50 and such so damn quickly and if you just dinged 50 and you get bored..go play CoD or something >.<
    I didn't know I was even in a rush, I swear! I played about 2-3 hours a day, 4-5 days a week and I hit 50 a month ago. I must be a serious video game addict packing in hours like that! I'll try to moderate my play next time I pick up a game!

Quote Originally Posted by Kharli View Post

People complaining about End game content..
    Go PLAY ANOTHER CLASS, change the story of your main class or something, raid some Republic area or something camp some guy trying to level his level 40 on hoth(or something like that >.<)
    Mess around, go to planets finnish them up!
    What if none of these options you presented sounds entertaining or appealing? Am I free to cancel my subscription and do something else, or should I continue to try to find ways to force fun into a game I find to be lacking in innovation, shallow, repetitive, unrewarding, filled with frustrating bugs of varying significance and generally dull?
    Last edited by Jahrastafari; 2012-02-23 at 02:16 PM.

Sorry, but I levelled to 50 in SWToR and it just got boring fast and unappealing from then on, trying to level another alt got tedious at the end as well. I honestly feel there isnt much to keep you hooked into SW:ToR once you 50. Cancelled my SW:ToR sub and back in WoW again and still having lots of fun

BioWare should have known what they been getting into competing against the likes of WoW and clearly they didnt do their homework on how to keep people hooked and interested in the game, cause things just tend up to be shallow, repeatative and boring later on, plus the immersion is not really there, something is missing.