Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Should change the thread title to "A day in the life of a whiner".

Please be more constructive than that. ~Rag
    Last edited by Ragnarocket; 2012-02-23 at 09:06 PM.
    http://fredplz.wordpress.com/ - Thoughts of an obsessive Resto Shaman

Quote Originally Posted by Tehfred View Post
    Should change the thread title to "A day in the life of a whiner".
    This.

OP, I mean this in the nicest way possible, but you sure play an awful lot for a guy that dislikes the game so much. It must be doing something right if your entire day revolves around it. Perhaps you just need to moderate your play time a little bit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by iceberg265 View Post
    This.

OP, I mean this in the nicest way possible, but you sure play an awful lot for a guy that dislikes the game so much. It must be doing something right if your entire day revolves around it. Perhaps you just need to moderate your play time a little bit.
    because productivity in a video game is out of the question ofcourse. not everyone has to sit around on the fleet till the cows come home.

u'd be surprised how much u can get done in 2-3 hours a day. And if you think that i actually do EVERYTHING i mentioned on that list then you're mistaken.

It's just a sum-up of stuff i run into regulary

log on
    select lvl 50 op
    pick up WZ dailies
    queue WZ
    lose to premade
    lose to premade
    lose to extra people exploit
    win, didnt count
    win
    lose to premade
    win

3 hours later quest still not done and i'm so sick of being punted all over the map any time i try and attack someone i log off before i lose it and smash my face against the wall

log onto lvl 8 GS
    get one level
    get bored
    log out

Quote Originally Posted by asharia View Post
    log on
    select lvl 50 op
    pick up WZ dailies
    queue WZ
    lose to premade
    lose to premade
    lose to extra people exploit
    win, didnt count
    win
    lose to premade
    win

3 hours later quest still not done and i'm so sick of being punted all over the map any time i try and attack someone i log off before i lose it and smash my face against the wall

log onto lvl 8 GS
    get one level
    get bored
    log out
    To you and to the OP (and others that keep writing stuff like this) I would ask (and I mean this in the most non-offensive way possible): Why are you still in the game playing? Why do you still play if everything you do seems to bring you down like that? Why do you want to pay a company from your hard earned cash (or easy earned, whatever) to not enjoy something?

It baffles me. There are lots of things that need improvement, but to me it seems that you should switch to something else if this game does not bring you any kind of enjoyment. Just my opinion of course.
    /hug

Quote Originally Posted by Gigikent View Post
    To you and to the OP (and others that keep writing stuff like this) I would ask (and I mean this in the most non-offensive way possible): Why are you still in the game playing? Why do you still play if everything you do seems to bring you down like that? Why do you want to pay a company from your hard earned cash (or easy earned, whatever) to not enjoy something?
    Perhaps we feel like we would like the game if it weren't so broken? I wanted to like this game but really the same kind of stuff posted by a few people coupled with terrible customer service has burned me out. I wanted to give it time (yes, new game blah blah blah) but I haven't logged on for even daily battlemaster bags lately because there's very little to do in the game and most of the stuff I like is terribly broken and seemingly not getting fixed.

It's all disappointment with something that could've been great but isn't.

Deleted
    A day in my shoes:

log on to my jedi guardian or mercenary
    enjoy the voiced quests
    flashpoints after done with a planet
    log off

Haven't seen 1 gamebreaking bug so far, but i haven't played warzones.

Except for that combat bug few patches ago of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Chillybeans View Post
    This is stuff that happends to me EVERY day
    bullshit
    I did d7 atleast 6 times, had the bug once
    Kaon and foundry a few times, didn't even know there is a bug
    first time hearing of the voidstar door bug too

and Ilum pvp can go to hell ^^
    Quote Originally Posted by Chillybeans View Post
    On the boss where u activate the box and loads of zombies come u can stand in a corner and they bug and you basicly get free lot
    stop exploiting then?

Quote Originally Posted by Littleshashi View Post
    This response got old a month ago. Yawn.
    So did posts like the OP.

As for
    Ok, the game has been out a couple of months now ....
    Some 7 year old games still have bugs, and new bugs are introduced every single patch. Every game has bugs.

Report the bugs and move on.
    "You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist."
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by Enosh View Post
    bullshit
    I did d7 atleast 6 times, had the bug once
    DUH. That's because you're not playing a class that bugs the Interrogator. I've had the bug every time in D7. When they claimed to have fixed it in their patch notes we made a group with me as Sniper and 2 Mercs (who thought they could finally do it without the bug) and... it wasn't fixed at all and naturally the boss was completely impossible with a Sniper and 2 Mercs.

Deleted
    What you people think is that this game should work perfect like wow , and what you people forgot is that this game is only out for 2 and a half month now .
    I also started to play at release and got a char to lvl 50 and then just basicly quitted the game cause there were to many bugs wich at the end made the game no more fun to play .
    However bioware will get better over time just like blizzard did , so have patience wait a couple months maybe years and then it will be on the same level as wow is ... i know many people in the mmo world dont have patience but this however is how it works... Now learn to deal with or go play runescape.
    there are to many QQ posts about this allready.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    For me it was different. I'd log in, start my dailies, get bored. Do a flashpoint, get bored halfway through. Do an operation, get bored after the first boss. Sit and think "It's wow again." log off and un-sub 3 days after being level 50.

I didn't experience any major bugs though. Just the odd bugged quest and a couple of bosses in flashpoints.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jaakkeli View Post
    DUH. That's because you're not playing a class that bugs the Interrogator. I've had the bug every time in D7. When they claimed to have fixed it in their patch notes we made a group with me as Sniper and 2 Mercs (who thought they could finally do it without the bug) and... it wasn't fixed at all and naturally the boss was completely impossible with a Sniper and 2 Mercs.
    If you go with that amount of bounty hunter and imperial agent, you're asking for trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by Nienniora View Post
    If you go with that amount of bounty hunter and imperial agent, you're asking for trouble.
    Well the whole point of going in was because the damn patch notes said the bug is fixed for us so we thought, hey, now we can finally do this thing. So we went in with all the people in the guild who previously avoided it because of the bug hitting their class... and then nothing had changed.

Some people claim that they're fixing bugs fast but to me it seems more like release patch notes after patch notes claiming to have fixed something and then it's still there. I was excited about this game at start but the more I play the more I get the feeling that the plan is to spend minimal resources on support and cash in on box sales and the few months people will pay for this.

Quote Originally Posted by Miah View Post
    What game is finished, I can't think of one unless its a FPS. I remember trying to Raid Heroic Magmaw and it was a 50/50 chance he would bug 3-4 times before to finally got a clean run on him, this is like 6 years in, 4 months after content patch. Is this the polish everyone likes to talk about. The bugs I've witnessed in SWTOR are so small and insignificant, they are nothing like waiting for Magmaw to un bug while we all run out, run in.......fight for 2 minutes........run out.....run in.....
    Youre trying too hard to defend a broken game. The few gamebreaking bugs Blizzard lets through are fixed fast as hell. Months later Bioware still hasnt fixed a lot of gamebreaking bugs. By the way, did we play the same Magmaw? I raided heroic every week after catas release without him bugging out even once.

Quote Originally Posted by qwikz View Post
    Youre trying too hard to defend a broken game. The few gamebreaking bugs Blizzard lets through are fixed fast as hell. Months later Bioware still hasnt fixed a lot of gamebreaking bugs. By the way, did we play the same Magmaw? I raided heroic every week after catas release without him bugging out even once.
    You clearly haven't played WoW during the introduction of any .0 patch or shortly after the launch of any expansion. Mangle being functionally useless after they nerfed it for almost a month? Ret paladins being able to global people for weeks after 3.0. They're yet to launch a major expansion without completely breaking class balance for the month before and after the expansion in addition to the various bugs that come with them. You're lucky if you didn't have magmaw bug out, I came into cata a month late and it still bugged out occasionally iirc.

I remember the Kael'thas fight bugging out multiple times during phase transitions, that was also in there for most of TBC. Oh the chinese farmers that warp underneath the ground hack is still around. I remember for 1-2 months Mal'ganis was completely unplayable and horribly laggy during prime time such that it would take 5-10minutes for the game to register you farming a node, very fun to raid during that time. Remember the old DK talent that let you return as a ghoul? They could never fix the bugs with that talent so they eventually just removed it, that lasted pretty much until ulduar. Mage blink still "Catches" on things and charge still runs into pathing issues, although admittedly that's more of an engine problem.

Most of the bugs you're complaining about aren't game breaking, they're annoying just like they are in WoW.
    “Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding.”
    "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others."
    Ambrose Bierce
    The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame.

but the more I play the more I get the feeling that the plan is to spend minimal resources on support and cash in on box sales and the few months people will pay for this.
    Right, businesses only want to make money temporarily and after that they quit caring about income.

It wasn't worth the money I payed them, gave them 2 months, didn't enjoy the game past lvl 10. No intrest in going back, unsubbed and deleted it from my computer. Sad to see it's still bad as ever.

Deleted
    I like star wars so much and i loved kotor back in the days and that was the main reasons I was so interested in the game to actually play a story driven game with star wars theme(epic) but for me the game actually dropped to a low level right from the start for me :/ the zones felt so bad and didnt feel anything like kotor just a zone filled with mobs on every place possible.

When i finally had dinged max level and played for some days it felt like i was playing a really bad version of wow but with a star wars theme so I decided to stop my sub and I will probably never return which makes me abit sad because i really wanted to play a star wars themed mmo fulltime.

We kill it every time with a sniper and a merc in the group, just have to kite the boss at the start to give enough time to kill him before the adds catch up to you. Obviously not an ideal solution but it is doable as a workaround until it gets fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by qwikz View Post
    Had Rhyolith turn friendly for 5 weeks straight before my WoW sub ran out, just one of many many bugs in WoW raiding that hasn't been fixed fast, a major difference is that most workarounds in WoW becomes public knowledge extremely fast due to all the video guides, blogs and other form of attention the game has.
    Last edited by Redblade; 2012-02-24 at 03:43 PM.