Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Sounds like it is a lot of complain is based on PVP ques.

PVE in my guild is fine, the only annoying thing is dealing with cutsceens. After 10 times should be able to turn them off.

How can things be so bad in a game that's had the biggest budget in gaming history? I'm really not a fan of Bioware lately.

Deleted
    I dont play SWTOR a lot but when I do its usually some PvP (im 41) and I win 99% of the time, doesnt matter which warzone it is. Probably because I play with 1 friend on TS.
    Anyway it is still fun but the only bug I have found or if it is even a bug is that 30% of the time I use my pushback on my mercenary nothing happens and THAT is very annoying.

Btw about the plant bomb door bug I have yet to see someone do it but I even read that they fixed it like 1-2 weeks ago in a patch.

Still lots of small bugs here and there but nothing major that I have found. This week they fixed the vendors so you can see usable only which is neat, finally.

Still having a lot of fun but maybe thats because I dont live in the game 24/7 and dont take it so serious.

I find it funny there are so many minor bugs here and there when it is supposed to have the biggest budget ever. But most of that money probably went to the voice actors.
    Last edited by mmocbc4c51efd3; 2012-02-24 at 04:23 PM.

This week my group killed the 2nd, 3d, and 4th bosses in EV on Nightmare mode. We had master looter on.

It turns out that if you ML on in NMM... you get HM loot from the bosses. Which, of course, is exactly what we got from each boss.

We spent the last three nights wiping to NMM Soa... after 60 or so attempts, 15 of the wipes were due to player failure. The other 60? Well, lets take a look at some of the fun ones:

-Killing the pylon on the 3d ledge before the one on the 2nd (in transition phases) bugs out lightning shields on Soa. Automatic wipe on the 2nd platform. This one took us 5-6 bugged tries to figure out what was wrong

-Noticing the lightning bug and zoning out as a group will bug Soa if he lands on platform 2 and has no one to fight. And by "bug" I mean the floor doesn't respawn. (fixed by rseting after each time zoning out)

-Players that are Battle rezed on the central platform are still getting teleported outside. They can run back, but they die if they jump down anyways.

-The tank is being selected as a mind trap target

-Players that are getting thrown about on the central platform have a good chance of going past a lightning ball on that first swing and taking a tick of damage, resulting in a death

Honestly... we have begun treating the bugs as parts of the fight, communicating over vent to remind ourselves and try to be ready with CDs etc for when they do happen. Winning basically means hoping for a lucky string of attempts where you can actually work on the encounter and learn the mechanics.

Quote Originally Posted by Skippy88 View Post
    I can only speak for myself but we ran D7 last night on normal mode and got spanked by endless clones Interrogater produced. We attempted it twice with the same result.
    Oh my, this is not a bug! This is what happens in the encounter when you don't do it properly.

When a clone comes out, take note of which player the clone currently is. That player has to get the killing blow on their own clone, otherwise, countless more clones will spawn until you get overwhelmed and die.

---------- Post added 2012-02-24 at 09:03 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Littleshashi View Post
    This response got old a month ago. Yawn.
    Then stop reading and go to bed?

Quote Originally Posted by Chillybeans View Post
    Ok, the game has been out a couple of months now and need to get some stuff off my chest before it destroys my gaming experience.

We're in patch 1.1.4, but in reality i feel like we've hit 0.9.1

This game has so many game breaking buggs that its not even funny anymore.

Let me take you on a journey in my day on SWTOR.

1. Log in
    2. Select my level 50 Sith Marauder
    3. Pick up my PVP dailies
    4. Go to Ilum
    5. Run around looking for crates with 30 other people(<---?!?!?!!?!?!?!!what were u thinking bioware) while in queue for WZ
    6. moan in /1 how Defend Shipment is still broken and has been since day 1
    7. Get queued for Voidstar, lose because the other team knows how to use the door bugg so no one can attack you
    8. Huttball, easy win
    9. Civil war, good fun actually, when people listen
    10. Try to do some HM's, Koan under siege, the famous bugg ofcourse
    11. D7, Interrogater BUGGED
    12. Foundry HK-47 BUGGED
    13. Rage for a few minutes, log my Trooper instead
    14. Queue for WZ
    15. Kill once while stunned and im bugged and cant stand up or move anymore (and ofcourse /stuck is so useless as ever) so i get deserter and get kicked out.

This is stuff that happends to me EVERY day and i'm not even mentioning the other bugs, loading screen disconnect, bind a key they dont have on US keyboards and get dc'd when i use it. Diminishing returns that make zero sense (bar full? thats ok ill just immobolize you for 6 seconds which is basicly a stun when ur over a firepit in huttball). OP classes, Underpowered classes a medal system that makes less sense then the US metric system. the list goes ON and ON how can they get away with ssoooooo many buggs, i know the game is new but they are talking about putting in new features and whatnot but maybe they should just focus all the staff on sorting out these bugs, its easy BioWare

Ticket comes in > Customer Service picks up and explains to the ticket owner what hes going to do to fix it or some other solution > bump ticket to production department > Fix code > Release in bugfix patch every week > done.

There are WAAAAAAAAY to few bugs taken out per patch, i dont give a shit if they nerf my shockfrozen water, but fix that my trooper can do Civil war without getting stuck when i die.

And feel free to delete this mods if its not suitable for this forum but i had to get it off my chest
    Wait, an MMO has overpowered and underpowered classes? Ghostcrawler says that no MMO should be this way.

You're calling the Kaon bug a "game breaking" bug. Your explanation says that it's far from that.

Stuns over the fire pits in Huttball = good strategy. The pits are there for those types of purposes.

You say you played WoW. Do you remember the LK glitch with saronite bombs and the platform? Or how about the 25 Thorim DC bug? That was from a game that had been out 4+ years.

Stop complaining and be patient.

---------- Post added 2012-02-24 at 04:14 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by rirkla View Post
    Anyway it is still fun but the only bug I have found or if it is even a bug is that 30% of the time I use my pushback on my mercenary nothing happens and THAT is very annoying.
    Some toons can't be knocked back. It's not a bug.

Quote Originally Posted by Polygons View Post
    How can things be so bad in a game that's had the biggest budget in gaming history? I'm really not a fan of Bioware lately.
    i dont know

they must have spent it all on cutscenes and voice actors. that stuff is great and all, but its not gonna provide a basis for a lasting game. especially when the combat is actually flawed as a result

Quote Originally Posted by notorious98 View Post
    Wait, an MMO has overpowered and underpowered classes? Ghostcrawler says that no MMO should be this way.

You're calling the Kaon bug a "game breaking" bug. Your explanation says that it's far from that.

Stuns over the fire pits in Huttball = good strategy. The pits are there for those types of purposes.

You say you played WoW. Do you remember the LK glitch with saronite bombs and the platform? Or how about the 25 Thorim DC bug? That was from a game that had been out 4+ years.

Stop complaining and be patient.

---------- Post added 2012-02-24 at 04:14 PM ----------

Some toons can't be knocked back. It's not a bug.
    unbalanced is one thing. rock, paper, scissors is how MMOs work. but when almost half the population plays one class, theres a serious issue

10+ Year Old Account
    The budget thing is misinformation that seems to be thrown around as if it's fact. Just saying. Also, money invested does not directly equal quality. That's not how things work.
    http://fredplz.wordpress.com/ - Thoughts of an obsessive Resto Shaman

Quote Originally Posted by Ahorius View Post
    Just had to do it.
    So you have nothing really to refute most of his post but decided to wade in and... say nothing really...?
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    I knew it would be useful to be french at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx
    just get a mac. It's like sleeping with a fat chick to avoid STD's.

Quote Originally Posted by asharia View Post
    but when almost half the population plays one class
    it doesn't

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Synbaby View Post
    What is really sad about the bugs in game is that most of them have been there since launch. People have been putting up posts on the official forums, and have gotten little to no response. They have their copy/paste repsonse of "we are aware of these issues currently in game, and are working hard on fixing them in the near future". Bioware doesn't trully listen to their community at all, and it makes me sad.
    I think they do listen to their community but they just give no indication or response. That, for me, is why I'm losing interest in this game fast. The snarky BS we get from Blizzard ain't great but there is still that sense of 'at least they are there'.

Quote Originally Posted by rdj View Post
    What is this famous Kaon bug? I've run this everyday since it's been out and have yet to experience anything wrong with it.

D7 not sure what is bugged, I've done this many times as well with no bugs.

Foundry, again...done this too many times and not once have I seen anything bug.

Sounds to me like you've never played an MMO before. For a game that's only 2 months old, I think they are doing very well considering all the past MMO releases and their beta's that went along with them (Aion, Rift, FFXIV, LotR just to name a few). This has been the smoothest of them all.
    trying to remember what went wrong with any of those. aion/ffxiv were already out before they came to the US. rift never had problems on this magnitude, they had issues with their first world event but they disabled it immediately until it was ready. the only thing comparable to swtor release is age of conan. only thing that went "wrong" with aion was it was too "grindy" for your average casual. mainly people used to wow. because casuals did play aion, it just took them 6 months or more instead of 4 weeks to hit max level.
    Last edited by Gentlepenguin; 2012-02-25 at 02:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sissyfoo View Post
    I think they do listen to their community but they just give no indication or response.
    there is a weekly Q&A with iirc 10 questions per week
    there is the dev tracker:
    http://www.swtor.com/community/devtracker.php
    I read 13 dev post today

so what the hell more do you want? an answer to every thread in the forums?

Quote Originally Posted by arceuid View Post
    trying to remember what went wrong with any of those. aion/ffxiv were already out before they came to the US. rift never had problems on this magnitude, they had issues with their first world event but they disabled it immediately until it was ready. the only thing comparable to swtor release is age of conan. only thing that went "wrong" with aion was it was too "grindy" for your average casual. mainly people used to wow. because casuals did play aion, it just took them 6 months or more instead of 4 weeks to hit max level.
    Rift was released with a bug that allowed people to hack account information, including personal information and payment methods. That's, quite possibly, the worst bug/glitch in the history of MMO gaming.

---------- Post added 2012-02-24 at 11:20 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Sissyfoo View Post
    I think they do listen to their community but they just give no indication or response. That, for me, is why I'm losing interest in this game fast. The snarky BS we get from Blizzard ain't great but there is still that sense of 'at least they are there'.
    You're right. At least Blizzard is there, listening, and giving you none of what you're asking for. That makes it so much better.

---------- Post added 2012-02-24 at 11:23 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by asharia View Post
    but when almost half the population plays one class
    Which class is that? SI Sorc or Assassin? Or is it BH PT or Merc? I don't know if you're aware of this but there are just as many Mercs, if not more, as Sorcerers. Oh, and if you ask most TOR PvPers, Snipers are more deadly than either.
    Last edited by notorious98; 2012-02-25 at 04:23 AM.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Omg I am going to go play WoW after reading this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Zardro View Post
    Omg I am going to go play WoW after reading this thread.
    You were going to anyways so what is your point. You post consitently in WoW forums so you must be a regular to that game. What would make you decide to just post that statement in this thread?

I have a friend, electronics just break around him. Stuff goes wrong when he is nearby. Maybe the people posting in this section are just spit on by the whatever controls our universe eh? Some bad luck perhaps?

The engine is fine, awesome even. If it wasnt then it wouldnt be so popular among other devolpers at the moment.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ordieth View Post
    You were going to anyways so what is your point. You post consitently in WoW forums so you must be a regular to that game. What would make you decide to just post that statement in this thread?

I have a friend, electronics just break around him. Stuff goes wrong when he is nearby. Maybe the people posting in this section are just spit on by the whatever controls our universe eh? Some bad luck perhaps?

The engine is fine, awesome even. If it wasnt then it wouldnt be so popular among other devolpers at the moment.
    Another one of those "you can only play one MMO" people, eh? Perhaps after reading all the whining about the engine and how it isn't perfect like other MMOs (hmm, like WoW?) would make me post something like this. It seemed to be on topic with many of the responses here.

Also, this is my most posted area, thanks.

I feel you... been there... let's look at the facts, shall we?

Quote Originally Posted by kraizee View Post
    It turns out that if you ML on in NMM... you get HM loot from the bosses. Which, of course, is exactly what we got from each boss.
    Um.. some bosses like Pylons drop HM loot on NMM, this is intended.
    -Killing the pylon on the 3d ledge before the one on the 2nd (in transition phases) bugs out lightning shields on Soa. Automatic wipe on the 2nd platform. This one took us 5-6 bugged tries to figure out what was wrong
    Kill them in order?
    Since it happens EVERY time, maybe you didn't understand the mechanic?
    Lore wise: Maybe the ancient machine is too far away to overload his shields
    -Noticing the lightning bug and zoning out as a group will bug Soa if he lands on platform 2 and has no one to fight. And by "bug" I mean the floor doesn't respawn. (fixed by rseting after each time zoning out)
    Chickening out of a fight?
    Once we stopped doing this everything works as intended.
    -Players that are Battle rezed on the central platform are still getting teleported outside. They can run back, but they die if they jump down anyways.
    Had that once in 112 tries. People die in a place the game defines as "not there all the time".
    Don't die, don't have the problem.
    -The tank is being selected as a mind trap target
    Your tank ain't the closest target to SOA - Player error
    -Players that are getting thrown about on the central platform have a good chance of going past a lightning ball on that first swing and taking a tick of damage, resulting in a death
    Had that too, once we started moving the instant the balls showed up, problem gone - Player error
    Winning basically means hoping for a lucky string of attempts where you can actually work on the encounter and learn the mechanics.
    Man we gotta be lucky, since we down him on the 1st once we understood the mechanics.

Relax, there is A LOT going on in the fight and although it might seem trivial, it isn't.
    I agree that in another MMO not to be named here a tool would tell you when you stand to close or when you move in the wrong way.
    But SWTOR is different.

All in all about 90% of the complaints are due to the fact that there is no to-do list in-game which tells you how things work.
    Watch, execute, learn.

Your "bugs" will mysteriously disappear ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Littleshashi View Post
    This response got old a month ago. Yawn.
    Lol, hate to be the one to say this again then but its you not us.
    Basicly doing in Swtor EXACTLY what i was doing in WOW. (taking away the fact the lfg system in wow is rough but does the job and i'd use that more than waiting for pugs in tor)

I am doing basicly the same thing but i'm enjoying the things i'm doing in Tor more than in Wow.
    Dragonflight Nerfs vs fun again show a Blizzard that hasn't learnt a lesson, Actions speak louder than words afterall watch what they do and do not do.

Waterworld?
    Money doesn't buy quality.

Even though SWTOR didn't quite meet my expectations, I'm still enjoying it and have hopes for the future.

But then I don't focus on the bad.....
    "You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist."
    Friedrich Nietzsche