Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Honestly, it depends. What kind of sport, and what kind of dancing?

On the one hand, being a professional athletes has a ton more perks than dancing, thus it's easier in that regard. Pays much much better. Dancing is then more difficult because you just can't make the kind of money that a professinal athlete can.

And it depends on the sport. Technically, a professional golfer is a pro athlete, Add that a ballroom dancer can be pro as well. Thus in either of those situations, how is either extremely challenging or difficult in terms body health.

But then, with some of the more extreme dance crews out there that do hip-hop with tricks and things like that, that's a lot harder on the body, just as football is an extremely body challenging sport as well.

So IMO it depends on what you are comparing.

this is simple, one requires you to be at the top of your field to be successful while dancing merely only requires the ability to do it, you dont have to be the greatest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by oxymoronic View Post
    this is simple, one requires you to be at the top of your field to be successful while dancing merely only requires the ability to do it, you dont have to be the greatest.
    You haven't seen the paycheck Derrick Rose brings in from the Chicago Bulls while he's been warming the bench for the last 2 years have you?

10+ Year Old Account
    This is kinda a bizarre question to me since a professional dancer basically is an athlete.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RICH8472 View Post
    Come on guys, this thread is two years old
    To be fair, it's not really a topic that becomes outdated.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Subjective comparisons are subjective.
    You can't say this job is harder than that job because there is no possible way to quantify what makes something hard without bias. Every job has its challenges and just because one pays more than another does not give reason to belittle the lesser paying of the two. A job is something that is meant to put a roof over your head and food on the table, if you have something that does both, you've done well. If you enjoy it, even better.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    This is kinda a bizarre question to me since a professional dancer basically is an athlete.

- - - Updated - - -

To be fair, it's not really a topic that becomes outdated.
    Come on now, this was raised from the dead by a bot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Come on now, this was raised from the dead by a bot.
    No evidence of that! (yet!)

Lots of folks people find old stuff via google.

ANYWAY BACK ON TOPIC.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Deleted
    On average, I'll have to say professional dancer.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wow, most of you have no idea what it takes to be a professional dancer...Ballet takes years and years of training, usually starting at a very early age (2 in my daughters case). It takes serious dedication, tremendous amounts of muscle, and skills like mad! The shoes they wear, are usually custom made and hurt like hell. The stress it puts on your body is absolutely incredible.
    I think both a Pro-Football Player and a Pro-dancer are equal in intensity, it's just different skill-sets. No way to compare.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaed View Post
    Wow, most of you have no idea what it takes to be a professional dancer...Ballet takes years and years of training, usually starting at a very early age (2 in my daughters case). It takes serious dedication, tremendous amounts of muscle, and skills like mad! The shoes they wear, are usually custom made and hurt like hell. The stress it puts on your body is absolutely incredible.
    I think both a Pro-Football Player and a Pro-dancer are equal in intensity, it's just different skill-sets. No way to compare.
    lol oh please... truth is anybody that wants too can be a ballet dancer, not everybody can play in the nfl or even close to it. cya

Deleted
    lol oh please... truth is anybody that wants too can be a ballet dancer, not everybody can play in the nfl or even close to it. cya
    Truth is that everybody can join a sports club or a dance club.
    Truth is only a fraction of each can make a living out of it.
    Truth is that only tiny tiny fraction of each can become famous / reach the top of their fields.
    Truth is that to get to the top you have to sacrifice regardless of the field.

The only difference is that top sports people in some sports have a bigger audience then top dancers.
    Last edited by mmoc982b0e8df8; 2014-07-25 at 10:46 AM.

Deleted
    Thats bullshit, unless you train from near birth you have no chance as a pro ballet dancer, even then the majority do not make it.

Deleted
    Thats bullshit, unless you train from near birth you have no chance as a pro ballet dancer, even then the majority do not make it.
    I see somebody didn't make it into the play... It's ok, I was denied as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Having lived near a Royal Ballet school, and spoken to a number of ballerinas (in a professional capacity of course), I can state with absolute certainty that you don't have a clue.

The ones at the top of their profession, like the American Football players in the NFL, are few and far between, with the rest either quitting entirely or carrying on at a lower level - just like sportsmen do.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitey View Post
    I see somebody didn't make it into the play... It's ok, I was denied as well.
    I don't have the hips for it apparently.

then the definition of pro has changed,... silly me i just thought it meant you was paid for your profession.... again silly me

also that has little to do with the skill required and more the amount of positions available... how many ballet jobs in the world are there? has to be a pretty low number these days.

Deleted
    then the definition of pro has changed,... silly me i just thought it meant you was paid for your profession.... again silly me

also that has little to do with the skill required and more the amount of positions available... how many ballet jobs in the world are there? has to be a pretty low number these days.
    Most ballet dancers are not paid just as most footballers aren't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    That's the one valid answer to this thread.
    There can't even be a discussion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Having lived near a Royal Ballet school, and spoken to a number of ballerinas (in a professional capacity of course), I can state with absolute certainty that you don't have a clue.

The ones at the top of their profession, like the American Football players in the NFL, are few and far between, with the rest either quitting entirely or carrying on at a lower level - just like sportsmen do.
    I completely agree with you....
    Everyone can play AF, or another sport. Literally everyone. Only few are good enough to become professionals.
    But classic ballet? LMAO....
    That's very few.. and if we get into it closer on a level of unpreparedness.
    I grab a ball now, go outside and play ball. No further requirements needed.
    If I'd try to dance, oh god.... lol And I am not even bad at conventional casual dancing. I know my way around on the dance floor with a waltz, foxtrot, the usual casual stuff. But ballet.. Fuck no. I'd break something.

Almost forgot...... AF isn't our beloved Football.
    There isn't much below the NFL.
    There's college football, there's the NFL, and there's a semi professional thing..
    Americans are in their entirety event fans. If it isn't top, if it isn't in the winning ranges, it's boring and no one cares.
    When I compare that to our football, like Germany has 15 leagues, of which 3 a professional, and 12 are amateur level. And not one team is barred from advancing into the top 3. A club would have to be able to provide the infrastructures and financial stability to ensure to survive for the entire season. But there's no lockout or lock down. The leagues are open.
    Last edited by Wildtree; 2014-07-25 at 01:15 PM.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

10+ Year Old Account

I believe my answer in posting this is fairly evident.