Page 95 of 105 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Do bleeds stack in intensity or not?

Also, I don't have enough Initiative to keep my bleeds from LDB up and also get off a respectable number of backstabs...
    "English doesn't so much borrow words from other languages as follows them into a dark alley, hits them over the head and goes through their pockets for loose vocabulary."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Migey View Post

Also, I don't have enough Initiative to keep my bleeds from LDB up and also get off a respectable number of backstabs...
    They stack in intensity, yes.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Deleted
    levellin with sword/dagger is better imo cuz of cleave dmg and as a thief its easier to kill things in groups due to dancin dagger + conditions.

10+ Year Old Account
    You have Dancing Dagger regardless of Sword/Dagger or Dagger/Dagger. And with Dagger/Dagger, you have Death Blossom for aoe situations, applying bleeds to everything.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Deleted
    and a sword cleaving deals 200-300 dmg outright rofl?

Intensity, yes. If you want to keep up LDB bleeds and still have a decent number of backstab opportunities; I suggest looking at your utility skills. Use your self heal stealth often for just the stealth, it has a decently small refresh time, also blinding powder will stealth you. There's also the AoE Shadow refuge. The other option is to try stacking traits that increase/regen initiative. There's a number of them in each tree. I think, currently, I have stealing both stealthing me and giving me initiative, along with stealth skill giving me 2 initiative.

---------- Post added 2012-09-01 at 02:21 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Cranberries View Post
    levellin with sword/dagger is better imo cuz of cleave dmg and as a thief its easier to kill things in groups due to dancin dagger + conditions.
    Depends on traits and current stats. Dagger/Dagger will be better with LDB bleeds if you have a lot of +condition dmg.

10+ Year Old Account

There's a trait that gives you 2 initiative each time you stealth, very very useful. I take it along with one that gives me increased initiative regen and another that gives 2 initiative for activating a signet.

Ah, I'm too low level to have many traits atm and havn't entered PvP.

I'm thinking of going for a very initiative regen and stealth heavy trait build with minimal conditions and based on signets, with Dagger/Dagger and Shortbow for AoE when needed. Does that work at all? And if so, should I go crit or power?

Also considering going for the Signet heal instead of the stealth one, because it will give me initiative on heal and has shorter cooldown... but maybe the stealth one is better?
    "English doesn't so much borrow words from other languages as follows them into a dark alley, hits them over the head and goes through their pockets for loose vocabulary."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cranberries View Post
    and a sword cleaving deals 200-300 dmg outright rofl?
    That doesn't make it instantly superior at multi-target.
    Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2012-09-01 at 09:36 PM.

what builds are people using at 80 to farm? is dagger/dagger still useful or do mobs hit too hard?

Ah, I'm too low level to have many traits atm and havn't entered PvP.

I'm thinking of going for a very initiative regen and stealth heavy trait build with minimal conditions and based on signets, with Dagger/Dagger and Shortbow for AoE when needed. Does that work at all? And if so, should I go crit or power?

Also considering going for the Signet heal instead of the stealth one, because it will give me initiative on heal and has shorter cooldown... but maybe the stealth one is better?
    If you're going to go signet heavy, you wont want to go heavy stealth traits. Stealth heavy really requires the use of stealth ultility skills, including the heal.
    If you do go signet heavy, you almost have to go heavy precision for the initiative on signet use. After that, you could go extreme glass cannon and go power, or Acrobatics could also be a viable tree choice. Of course, you can mix and match between the two and also throw in some shadow arts maybe, although, with no stealth utility, you'll wont get much out of that tree. And since you don't want to focus on conditions, trickery loses some of it's viability, although the traits available at 10 have some decent support/survivability usefulness. And the extra Init from 15 in trickery might be useful to you, depending on how many signets you run and your ability to use them effectively. If you're using Signets often enough, you wont need the extra 3 init just due to your ability to regen init from signet use.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by aikoyamamato View Post
    Are you getting any backstabs in? Use Cloak and Dagger often, and always make sure you attack from behind when opening from stealth (your number 1 ability changes to backstab in stealth). Backstab does double damage from behind and is your "nuke", or highest damage ability. Heartseeker is also very powerful and should be spammed when the target's health is low.

Are you looking for PvP or PvE? I'd be happy to throw something together but remember that there are enough traits for you to really spend them to fit your own playstyle. Traits are like your own personality, and I don't think there are many "wrong" ways to spend them.
    PvE mostly, ill PvP but nothing serious etc. just for funs, so mainly PvE . Ye i know but i also realize that there certainly are trait lines that would benefit Dagger / Pistol , more right? I think so atleast but tbh thats about as much as i can figure out.
    Edit: Shortbow is my alternate weapon set.
    Last edited by Razael; 2012-09-02 at 01:59 AM.

PvE questing wise I am finding that P/P is just about the worst weapon set we have because it lacks cripple and especially AE cripple of say P/D. Any thoughts?

Shortbow is way better then P/P imho...

Also, does anyone know of a completely up to date trait calculator? I've looked and can't find any updated ones...

Deleted
    Shortbow is way better then P/P imho...

Also, does anyone know of a completely up to date trait calculator? I've looked and can't find any updated ones...
    i think Guildhead.com has up to date
    Last edited by mmoc796f4edb2b; 2012-09-02 at 04:10 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kuruptz View Post
    i think Guildhead.com has up to date
    Sort of. It doesn't show cooldowns correctly, and not all of the racials are in there. (NONE of the Norn racials are there, for example)

Hi everyone I just started out my thief and i am having a lot of fun. I am lvl 9 right now and i think i want to jump into some pvp. However i am kind of lost on what to do for it. What traits and what weapons to use and such. Does anyone have a good guide i could use?

Quote Originally Posted by Cempa View Post
    PvE questing wise I am finding that P/P is just about the worst weapon set we have because it lacks cripple and especially AE cripple of say P/D. Any thoughts?
    Never underestimate that black powder shot. In PvE this trivializes most mobs. If you are in the face of a ranged mob and have 3-4 melee even around you, so long as you can keep it up, you will never even get hit. Might take some small damage from arrow storm abilities or the like, but that's what headshot is for.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluedragonwolf View Post
    Never underestimate that black powder shot. In PvE this trivializes most mobs. If you are in the face of a ranged mob and have 3-4 melee even around you, so long as you can keep it up, you will never even get hit. Might take some small damage from arrow storm abilities or the like, but that's what headshot is for.
    lol and that skill alone is the reason why boss mobs now quickly become immune to CC...
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm only level 35 at the moment and only just beginning to understand the depth and potential of thiefs skills but I'm kind of leaning towards the fact that we are utterly and completely glass cannons unless geared/specced for survival. I find myself constantly using all of my abilities to remain alive, I can solo veterans at or above my level with ease but I have to pay close attention to incoming attacks and evade skill cooldowns/initiative. This is fun and perfectly fine but I look at other classes like warriors or rangers (with there pets) and they just stand there getting beat on doing nothing to survive, it's kind of silly that I can be killed in seconds where as many other classes can get beat on by a champion and not flinch. I just guess are general squishyness is off put by the fact that a) depending on your build you can output a lot of damage in a short space of time and b) we have a lot of evade/stealth skills that negate the need to be damage sponges.