Page 96 of 105 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    So far, thief seems incredibly squishy. Its super lucky we have some OP damage avoidance like black powder because otherwise it's two shot city. I watch necromancers (without pet) go tank a bunch of mobs and I really start to feel like I failed the pick your character question.

Deleted
    while we are idd a little squishy we have insane dmg + avoidance. not to mention we can get out of almost any situation.

seriously it's a trade im willing to make: daggers in pvp, stealth backstab (always crits w/ trickery talents)

atm im running with hide in shadows, skale venom, spider venom, signet of agility and dagger storm

might pick up blinding powder for later tho as skale venom seems only useful for the +2 might stacks i can apply to myself.

How are thieves at level 80? Is it easy to run around farming mobs for tradeskill mats? I really dont wanna level a class to 80 then find out I am squishy as hell and die in 3 hits when farming. Or have to keep my heal constantly on cooldown.

Can an enemy only have 25 bleeds on it at once between all attacking players?
    If so that makes my beloved CD thief kinda useless in big fights

Deleted
    yea, that is correct scrotemus: i thought it was 25 cap per person, but apparently not.

i'll have to rethink my build too

Deleted
    Though that rises an interesting question about conditions. If player A with 100 Condition Damage applies Burning and player B with 1000 Condition Damage uses Burning afterwards.. which Burning will deal damage, as it only stacks in duration, not intensity. Does the second one only prolong the first one, even though the second one would deal more damage?

Well damn, I don't like precision much and that seems like the next best thing

10+ Year Old Account
    Messed with a s/d;d/p build in pvp

Gotta say, getting 26s of regen fighting anyone stacking bleeds is pretty trolly

Also I burst out laughing when I hit haste and spam flanking

---------- Post added 2012-09-04 at 09:13 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ninaran View Post
    Though that rises an interesting question about conditions. If player A with 100 Condition Damage applies Burning and player B with 1000 Condition Damage uses Burning afterwards.. which Burning will deal damage, as it only stacks in duration, not intensity. Does the second one only prolong the first one, even though the second one would deal more damage?
    It should add the 1000 con DMG burn on top of the 100. That is o e gets resolved them the other. I want to say the high damage one will deal damage first even if applied last but unsure on that
    The Original Ganksta

Top 100 US daggers. yeah, you're jelly alright

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    then again i'm pretty sure you're smarter then the average dumbass

Why was my thread on thief builds closed for this one?

This is trying to put way too much information in one place- if someone just wants to look at other people's builds and get feedback on their own there is just too much to sift through here.

It's like saying "we already have a thread on GW2, use that."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pantheist View Post
    Why was my thread on thief builds closed for this one?

This is trying to put way too much information in one place- if someone just wants to look at other people's builds and get feedback on their own there is just too much to sift through here.

It's like saying "we already have a thread on GW2, use that."
    Because you could easily do exactly that in this thread. The mods want to condense all profession talk into their specific threads.

Unless we manage to get sub-forums just for Guild Wars 2 dedicated to each profession, we'll just have to deal. Don't like it, go to Guild Wars 2 Guru, or wait for the official forums to open up!
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    There isn't too much to browse through any exceptionally insightful posts I will list on the op. outdated discussions get removed. If there is a discussion you feel warrants a link in op then pm me. All you normally need to do is read the last few pages and you're good

Also we talk about builds here. We also discuss the fine points of mechanics when relative to builds instead of circle jerking over random builds. Well at least that's the point.

The reason its 97 pages long is I made this thread back in feb
    Last edited by Glytch; 2012-09-05 at 03:55 PM.
    The Original Ganksta

Quote Originally Posted by Glytch View Post
    There isn't too much to browse through any exceptionally insightful posts I will list on the op. outdated discussions get removed. If there is a discussion you feel warrants a link in op then pm me. All you normally need to do is read the last few pages and you're good

Also we talk about builds here. We also discuss the fine points of mechanics when relative to builds instead of circle jerking over random builds. Well at least that's the point.

The reason its 97 pages long is I made this thread back in feb

Really? I found this 2 pages back, no answer.

Quote Originally Posted by jtgizmo View Post
    Anyone got links to some viable pve builds? or are everyone just using pvp one for pve as well?

Guess I'll go back to guild wars guru.

10+ Year Old Account

K bye

Have fun
    The Original Ganksta

10+ Year Old Account

Yeah.... The thing is just about every build can be viable if it's made by someone with half a brain... Obviously if you took something that buffed pistols and venoms and you brought neither of those it'd be garbage, but I'd you are actually making something real it'll work....
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

Deleted
    100% crit when attacking from stealth or 20% dmg when target is below 50% hp?

sitting on 79% crit, but i still htink guaranteed crits are better.

Herald of the Titans theredviola's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukh View Post
    So far, thief seems incredibly squishy. Its super lucky we have some OP damage avoidance like black powder because otherwise it's two shot city. I watch necromancers (without pet) go tank a bunch of mobs and I really start to feel like I failed the pick your character question.
    Yeah, I have a necro and a thief and I've been "that feel" for a while now... I'm utterly stumped on the lv.10 human "street rat" quest. I tried it at 10 four times... no dice. Got a level and 2 new pieces of gear. Died 3 times. Got one more level and a very VERY nice weapon upgrade. No dice. I've just decided that I'm giving up on my personal story until I can get an elite skill because of the squishi-ness. There are to many mobs and only 1 target... ME! No amount of CC, dodging and damage output can save me at my level.
    "Do not only practice your art, but force yourself into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine." -- Ludwig Van Beethoven

Quote Originally Posted by theredviola View Post
    Yeah, I have a necro and a thief and I've been "that feel" for a while now... I'm utterly stumped on the lv.10 human "street rat" quest. I tried it at 10 four times... no dice. Got a level and 2 new pieces of gear. Died 3 times. Got one more level and a very VERY nice weapon upgrade. No dice. I've just decided that I'm giving up on my personal story until I can get an elite skill because of the squishi-ness. There are to many mobs and only 1 target... ME! No amount of CC, dodging and damage output can save me at my level.
    have you tried healing signet+short bow cluster bomb spam? it's pretty much my bread and butter for 3+ targets and if you detonate it you get heals off every hit. i was always behind the curve in terms of gear and never had any issues with the story quests. ideally you never want to stand still/get hit unless you're pistol whip spamming then there's not much choice. circle strafe is your friend for mindless pve killing.
    Last edited by Gentlepenguin; 2012-09-06 at 05:03 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Odd. Haven't had the same issue. O_o

Have no idea what I'm doing different.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm currently lvl 73 and i've not had any problems with any part of my personal Qs, I too choose the street rat path :P revise your playstyle probably, Thief doesn't work well if you don't learn to evade the enemys attacks.

Don't rush in and spam all your initiative away, use your Leaping Death Blossom both for damage and evasion in combination with dodge and stealth abilities.
    |Asus Sabertooth 990FX|AMD Phenom II 1090T 4.2Ghz x6|XFX R7970 Black Edition|Kingston HyperX 1600Mhz 8gb|Corsair H60 Liquid Cooling|

Deleted
    imo just spam dancing dagger... it does a lot more dmg than death blossom. plus it lets you kite /shrug.

again tho need to ask: 100% crit chance attacking from stealth or the +25% dmg when target is <50% hp?

which 1 have u guys gone for? i went for the 100% crit chance primarily for backstabs