Page 13 of 45 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodronin View Post
    did they change frost armor? cause i dont see where it gives 33 percent reduced damage unless u spec for it in earth tree for auras the give protection
    I think it used to be baseline for Armor of Frost, and then they added that trait.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

ah i see, kinda wish it was still baseline imo although it be nice to receive the protection buff if the fiery aura (trait in fire tree that gives fiery aura for 3 sec when using a signet) that aura in air that gives chance to stun plus frost would be 2 protection buffs, and if u add the signet one u could have another 2 or 3 if it gives u the buff with the firey aura, so much testing needed lol...

First, a question...
    Has anybody seen a video on or know what what exactly glyph of storms does?

Second, a build
    Focusing on a more offense based earth attunement using Dagger/Dagger.

http://www.gw2tools.com/skills#el;aN...gaa;bbaa;ZkeYZ

Picked up the Conjure Earth Shield for some defense since dagger/dagger doesnt have too much protection.
    Got two elemental glyph utilities (normal and elite) for damage/defense.
    Arcane Power obviously for damage.

What do you guys think?
    "Haters give me balance, every Kyle's got a Cartman." -George Watsky

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PonyCannon View Post
    First, a question...
    Has anybody seen a video on or know what what exactly glyph of storms does?
    This is the only vid I've seen, which is a shame, since it only shows one attunement.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

so the elementalist fiery great sword elite skill, is it worth it? i looks cool but dunno if it b better than tornado

---------- Post added 2012-04-09 at 07:40 PM ----------

also any vids of the fiery great sword? cause i couldnt find any that showed off its skills

10+ Year Old Account
    Tornado seems more passive than the fiery greatsword, since the idea is that you "empower" your tornado with one of three effects that automatically happen to enemies around you, while also doubling your HP and giving you stability.

Greatsword, judging on the skills, will be great no matter what weapons you favor, especially since you still get to use your utilities, including your self-heal, as well as dodge.

Meanwhile, the glyph of elementals is a way to let you have an elite that doesn't change your weapon skills AND use your utilities, while also getting a nifty combat pet.

Frankly, I'd love an elite that "energizes" me based on my attunement, that super-powers my spells with extra damage/effects, or other nifty self-affecting effects (protection, stability, regen, or fury, that sorta thing). An elite for people who don't want to change weapon skills but also don't want a combat pet.
    Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2012-04-09 at 07:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    Tornado seems more passive than the fiery greatsword, since the idea is that you "empower" your tornado with one of three effects that automatically happen to enemies around you, while also doubling your HP and giving you stability.

Greatsword, judging on the skills, will be great no matter what weapons you favor, especially since you still get to use your utilities, including your self-heal, as well as dodge.

Meanwhile, the glyph of elementals is a way to let you have an elite that doesn't change your weapon skills AND use your utilities, while also getting a nifty combat pet.

Frankly, I'd love an elite that "energizes" me based on my attunement, that super-powers my spells with extra damage/effects, or other nifty self-affecting effects (protection, stability, regen, or fury, that sorta thing). An elite for people who don't want to change weapon skills but also don't want a combat pet.
    yea it be rly nice if they added and elite like that, i was thinking i would use the sword if its cool, which it sounds like it is i just rly wanna see it in action from an elementalists POV. thx for the reply btw, helped me think of which elite to use

trait arcane precision, skills have a chance to apply a condition on critical hit, anyone know what the conditions are? i assume they are attunement based

10+ Year Old Account
    note: it appears that ice fields allow projectiles to apply chilled (GI GW2 article)

enjoy
    The Original Ganksta

Top 100 US daggers. yeah, you're jelly alright

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    then again i'm pretty sure you're smarter then the average dumbass

oh wow, ihad that trait all wrong then, is it just for ice fields? cause i thought fire fields could combine with other peoples projectiles to add burning, or can u not do this without that trait?
    Last edited by bloodronin; 2012-04-10 at 11:03 PM. Reason: er wrong term

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodronin View Post
    oh wow, ihad that talent all wrong then, is it just for ice fields? cause i thought fire fields could combine with other peoples projectiles to add burning, or can u not do this without that trait?
    His response had nothing to do with your question.

ah, dont i feel rly dumb now

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    His response had nothing to do with your question.
    i bring it up b/c eles can drop frozen ground
    The Original Ganksta

Top 100 US daggers. yeah, you're jelly alright

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    then again i'm pretty sure you're smarter then the average dumbass

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Glytch View Post
    i bring it up b/c eles can drop frozen ground
    Yup. CPCs are fun like that!

a ima take a guess that we dont know what that traits conditions are then?

10+ Year Old Account
    It will probably be attunement based.

Made another offensive earth focused build with Scepter/Dagger this time.

Wanted the playstyle to focus on bleed and burns but also have some harder hitting nukes to be used with Arcane power for heavy damage.

Picked up Lightning Flash and Armor of Earth because my weapon choices don't have much built in mobility (except Ride the Lightning) or many defensive abilities (besides Armor of Frost).

Opinions?
    "Haters give me balance, every Kyle's got a Cartman." -George Watsky

Quote Originally Posted by PonyCannon View Post
    Made another offensive earth focused build with Scepter/Dagger this time.

Wanted the playstyle to focus on bleed and burns but also have some harder hitting nukes to be used with Arcane power for heavy damage.

Picked up Lightning Flash and Armor of Earth because my weapon choices don't have much built in mobility (except Ride the Lightning) or many defensive abilities (besides Armor of Frost).

Opinions?
    Personally, I hate offensive earth focused builds... I'd say stick with fire/air for dmg, earth for defense control, and water for support/control...

But Ill still look at your build. First off, you dont have any condition removal... thats not good. xD You can give up Arcane Power and go for cleansing flame.

http://www.gw2tools.com/skills#el;ff...aaa;Ybaa;ZTihY

Also use gw2tools, its better imo :P I made some adjustments. I feel if you really want to go earth, go for a tanky/supporty build with some damage built in. You cantrips will be very powerful in this build, letting you get them off faster, giving you regen, vigor, and might.

Keeping your bleeds on your target will be very important while keeping good positioning and proving lots of control/damage with your earth abilities. Can also switch into other attunements depending on your needs. Just my opinion, I'd still say Air/Fire is the way to go though.

10+ Year Old Account
    I dont think i'll play Elementalist as my main due to they cant weapon switch like most other classes, Yuss i know they have attunements so they get like 20 abilitys anyways.

But one of the main reasons i want to play this game is because of the weapon switching, Engineer is out too

Quote Originally Posted by Cludo View Post
    I dont think i'll play Elementalist as my main due to they cant weapon switch like most other classes, Yuss i know they have attunements so they get like 20 abilitys anyways.

But one of the main reasons i want to play this game is because of the weapon switching, Engineer is out too
    That's a silly way to think. Switching a weapon gives you 5 new abilities. Switching attunements gives you 5 new abilities. and you have 4 attunements. How is switching weapons any better than switching attunements?

As for the Engineer, They have plenty of tool/weapon kits to swap out their abilities along with getting toolbelt abilities from each utility spell they have.