Page 16 of 45 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think I have come up with an amazingly fun Elementalist spec that can fill literally any role you need... just by swapping to different sets of gear, and using the proper attunements:

http://www.gw2builds.org/view/364078/signet_attunement

This build's emphasis on using signets, and the auras you get from popping signets, and thus the boons you gain from those auras, as well as the boons you get from swapping attunements regularly... it should prove to be amazingly versatile.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    I still don't see how people are saying lightning can do just as much damage as fire. All of the fire abilities hit significantly harder than lightning.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Roggles View Post
    I still don't see how people are saying lightning can do just as much damage as fire. All of the fire abilities hit significantly harder than lightning.
    Obligatory "beta is beta" response.

It also greatly depends on how you've traited. It's also worth noting that a lot of the fire-attunement CPCs will cause you to place Might on yourself, not to mention the simple fact that the boon associated with Fire in any of the traits/skills that have attunement-related boons (the glyph heal, that one trait in Arcane Power) while the Swiftness boon is Air. (imo, it should be Fury, but wtfever)
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    Obligatory "beta is beta" response.

It also greatly depends on how you've traited. It's also worth noting that a lot of the fire-attunement CPCs will cause you to place Might on yourself, not to mention the simple fact that the boon associated with Fire in any of the traits/skills that have attunement-related boons (the glyph heal, that one trait in Arcane Power) while the Swiftness boon is Air. (imo, it should be Fury, but wtfever)
    Even when traited fire seems to do more. And I don't really see any website saying lightning is meant for damage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Even when traited fire seems to do more. And I don't really see any website saying lightning is meant for damage.
    http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Attunement

There are 4 attunement skills:

Air Attunement
    Air Attunement — While active, strikes nearby foes with lightning bolts and gives access to air and lightning skills focusing on single-target high-damage skills or blinding foes.
    Earth Attunement
    Earth Attunement — While active, increases the caster's magical protection and gives access to earth skills focusing on defending allies and self.
    Fire Attunement
    Fire Attunement — While active, deals fire damage to anyone touching the caster and gives access to fire skills focusing on area-of-effect skills and burning foes.
    Water Attunement
    Water Attunement — While active, heals nearby allies and gives access to water skills focusing on slowing enemies' movement and healing allies.
    It's absolutely true to say that Air attunement is based on high spike damage. In fact, I think I'm going to edit it to add that Air Attunement is focused on high mobility.

The main thing I'm getting at though is that it depends on how you trait. Air attunement damage is suited to a particular playstyle. It's also worth noting that Fire attunement usually has 5 damage skills, whereas air attunement seems to always have 2 defensive moves.
    Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2012-05-06 at 06:39 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Guess they'll have to do some tuning then.

---------- Post added 2012-05-06 at 06:41 PM ----------

I really hope my battle mage spec works out. I don't think I'll be lacking utilities by using all conjured weapons since each conjured weapon has utilities of its own.

10+ Year Old Account
    [/COLOR]I really hope my battle mage spec works out. I don't think I'll be lacking utilities by using all conjured weapons since each conjured weapon has utilities of its own.
    No more than Engi kits "lack" utility.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    No more than Engi kits "lack" utility.
    engi kits have a duration?

---------- Post added 2012-05-06 at 08:06 PM ----------

If they made conjure weapons last until death I'd be the happiest little battle mage on earth.

---------- Post added 2012-05-06 at 08:18 PM ----------

I mean shit, at the moment earth is doing more damage than lightning.

Dagger + Dagger ride the lightning + burning speed .. sooo epic lol

10+ Year Old Account
    engi kits have a duration?

---------- Post added 2012-05-06 at 08:06 PM ----------

If they made conjure weapons last until death I'd be the happiest little battle mage on earth.

---------- Post added 2012-05-06 at 08:18 PM ----------

I mean shit, at the moment earth is doing more damage than lightning.
    No, what I was getting at is that engi kits are slotted into a utility slot, and have no other use than activating 5 weapon skills for you, similar to what Ele conjures do.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is really great guide on playing elementalist. It covers all aspects of playing this class properly.
    Check it out:

http://elementalistsource.blogspot.c...ist-guide.html

I would like to see such comprehensive guides for other classes as well.

Deleted
    Figured I'd post it here too, made a spotlight for the Elementalist recently showing off a lot of PvP footage. In case someone's interested, should give a solid insight into the class.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone else think the conjured weapons shouldn't have a duration? They're similar to engi kits, and those don't have a duration. And it's not like the conjured weapons are making the elementalist significantly more powerful, except for maybe the elite greatsword one.

I thought they didn't have durations, or are you talking about the charges as a duration limit?.

Editing in a question with my question.

Anybody know if the Elite elemental ability has any restrictions on being used with the Utility elemental ability? Want to make a build using both of them but I would see it as reasonable if you could only have one up.
    Last edited by PonyCannon; 2012-05-30 at 10:55 PM.
    "Haters give me balance, every Kyle's got a Cartman." -George Watsky

10+ Year Old Account
    By duration I meant the charges. But I think I've seen an elementalist have two elementals up at once.

Ah OK thanks for the response.

As for your question I say mostly yes (charges are bad)

The duration on the charges kinda of makes the weapons feel too much like toys then a real play style (engineer kits) It makes it a bit harder to focus a playstyle around them. I understand why they don't function like kits (would have engineers torching houses) but It makes them seem a bit lacking unless you fill your utility bars with elemental weapons.
    "Haters give me balance, every Kyle's got a Cartman." -George Watsky

10+ Year Old Account
    By duration I meant the charges. But I think I've seen an elementalist have two elementals up at once.
    theres 2 elemental summoning spells, lesser glyph and normal glyph

as much as i love elemental weapons (frost bow <3) they should have a charge

they need to have that "utility" feel and taking the charges away almost turns them into a second weapon set
    The Original Ganksta

Top 100 US daggers. yeah, you're jelly alright

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    then again i'm pretty sure you're smarter then the average dumbass

10+ Year Old Account
    How come engineers can have engi kits without duration, which are basically the same thing as conjured weapons, but elementalists can't have something similar?

How come engineers can have engi kits without duration, which are basically the same thing as conjured weapons, but elementalists can't have something similar?
    Because they're totally different professions with totally different playstyles, abilities, and mechanics.

10+ Year Old Account
    because engineers dont have attunements
    The Original Ganksta

Top 100 US daggers. yeah, you're jelly alright

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    then again i'm pretty sure you're smarter then the average dumbass