Page 6 of 62 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Necro doesn't look so bad to me. People just gotta know how to play a condition-dependent profession.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    Necro doesn't look so bad to me. People just gotta know how to play a condition-dependent profession.
    Dot, dot, dot, dot, fear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    Dot, dot, dot, dot, fear.
    And also consuming said dots.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    And also consuming said dots.
    What skills do they have that consume their own dots O.o?
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

As a fan of WoW's warlock, I can't wait to play the necromancer.

It looks like minion master will be a viable build, at least in PvE, which is awesome. Life stealing is another mechanic that makes me giddy so I can't help but hope that something like this build could be effective (can't post links yet so I'll have to describe it):

15 points in Spite with Death Shiver, 30 points in Death Magic with Flesh of the Master, Training of the Master, and Evasive Animation, and 25 points in Blood Magic with Vampiric Master and Bloodthirst. I'd use Staff with either Dagger/Dagger or maybe Axe/Dagger.

Obviously that build is attrition/survival focused and heavy emphasis on minions. Do we know yet how much armor impacts your character's stats? For example, could I run this build and have a set of armor stacking power to balance it and give myself some decent damage?

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    What skills do they have that consume their own dots O.o?
    I think the 3rd axe skill consumes conditions and does more damage.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm going Asura Necromancer. What looks cooler than a midget owning something that's bigger than him. Not to mention, they remind me of gnomes .

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PonyCannon View Post
    I think the 3rd axe skill consumes conditions and does more damage.
    Conditions AND boons. ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Kickbuttmario View Post
    I'm going Asura Necromancer. What looks cooler than a midget owning something that's bigger than him. Not to mention, they remind me of gnomes .
    Asura are more like gremlins than gnomes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Conditions AND boons. ^_^

Asura are more like gremlins than gnomes.
    if by gremlins you mean mutant midget things that will eventually enslave (or slaughter depending on the situation) every other sentient race, then *yes, they're exactly like gremlins =D!*

And omg it's tied to the axe skills lol? I plan on using Axe/focus and scepter/warhorn and i didn't even notice that...
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    if by gremlins you mean mutant midget things that will eventually enslave (or slaughter depending on the situation) every other sentient race, then *yes, they're exactly like gremlins =D!*

10+ Year Old Account
    Now THAT is what i want a necro asura to look like xD, and btw the axe skill does more damage if they have conditions on them, it only removes boons from the target though

It's seriously the most horrifying image I've ever seen.

will necros have an ability similar to Spiteful Spirit from GW1? i am having the time of my life with SS in gw1.

for those that dont know, SS (spiteful spirit) would cause X damage when target casts or attacks. it would also hit adjacent foes. It provides INCREDIBLE damage. but also requires a very specific finesse to perform properly. Especially in knowing the way the NPC's attack and the best one to place the hex on.

I tried to find a similar spell but my focus has not been necro to this point. But if the answer is yes i will quite possibly switch my main to necro.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ChiliPepper View Post
    will necros have an ability similar to Spiteful Spirit from GW1? i am having the time of my life with SS in gw1.

for those that dont know, SS (spiteful spirit) would cause X damage when target casts or attacks. it would also hit adjacent foes. It provides INCREDIBLE damage. but also requires a very specific finesse to perform properly. Especially in knowing the way the NPC's attack and the best one to place the hex on.

I tried to find a similar spell but my focus has not been necro to this point. But if the answer is yes i will quite possibly switch my main to necro.
    Pretty much only mesmers have abilities like that in GW2, and that's caused from the confusion debuff, HOWEVER there is Wail of Doom, which is a skill on the warhorn that applies confusion, you may be able to trait more skills to apply confusion, or for that to apply more, idk though. However, GW1 is going to stay running after GW2 launches, so if you're like me, you'll probably go back and forth between the games just to enjoy the different play styles =D!*

Quote Originally Posted by ChiliPepper View Post

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Spiteful_Spirit

Looks like a similar ability, although retaliation only hurts people when they hit you.

i didnt even see anything for a mesmer that is similar, i feel like they may save that mechanic for a later day maybe, hope its somewhere because it is very fun to use.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nothing but minions for me. If he sucks in PvP, I will use a different class for PvP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Haven't 100% decided, but im starting to lean necro atm. For leveling I would go minion master style and zerg the shit out of everything. For PvP, I think I would use the build in my sig, though im not sure how well it would work. Pretty much focusing on constantly throwing conditions on your target (mostly poison and bleed) and then going into death shroud as much as possible.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    From the PvP videos of the Necro, i'd have to say that Death Shroud looks EPIC. Not to mention the damage output while in it is very good.
    I've seen many of the different 'styles' in PvP, and between Minion Master and Double Dagger/Warhorn, i'd have to say that Minion master does look hugely fun.

What i love, is that you can play anyway you like, even mix and match.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rixxe View Post
    From the PvP videos of the Necro, i'd have to say that Death Shroud looks EPIC. Not to mention the damage output while in it is very good.
    The vid of Lewis B kinda shows us otherwise and apparantly, he traited into improved life blast so it gives me quite some concerns.*