Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Premade worth buying?

Hey all..

I found this premade computer i can buy for ~$1250. Would you say its worth buying?
    My current computer is about to die, have had some wierd temporary errors where it cant start etc.
    Keep in mind i live in denmark, so electronics prices are often a bit higher than other places hehe
    And i dont have an awful lot of money.

Motherboard: Gigabyte Z68AP-D3-B3 motherboard with SATA3.0 & USB3.0
    CPU cooler: Temperature controlled cooler
    Ram: Kingston HyperX 8 GB DDR3-1600 DualChannel
    Harddrive: Seagate 1000GB SATA3 6Gb/s 7200rpm
    Graphic: nVidia GeForce GTX560 1GB dedicated PCI-E (DirectX 11, CUDA, PhysX)
    Cabinet: Vision G-Series Gaming cabinet
    Power supply Raidmax RX-600AF power supply supersilent 16dB (80+ Bronze certified)
    Sound: 7.1 High Definition Audio (Dolby Home Theater)
    DVD-Drive: 22x DVD-burner +/- Dual layer
    Netcard: 100/1000 Mb/s Realtek 8111 Gigabit LAN
    Software: All drivers
    Cooling: 1 extra 120mm cooler in the front
    Warrenty: 24 month full warrenty

connections:
    6 x USB 2.0 Ports
    2 x USB 3.0 Ports
    1 x RJ-45 LAN 100/1000 Gigabit Jack
    2 x DVI & 1 x mini HDMI

Upgrades added:
    Silent CPU upgrade (Scythe CPU-køler monteret)
    G-Series -> Vision Phantom cabinet with extra cooling and noice-cancellation

Link for it is here, it is in Danish however..
    http://www.mm-vision.dk/produkter/vi...&type=pcsystem

Looking at you market actually encourages me to go there and start my own computer shop ;-)

Anyway back to the topic - it doesn't look that terrible - I'd get better (branded) power supply which they of course don't offer, maybe 560ti 448 cores aswell (which they do not offer either).
    Last edited by Deng; 2012-02-24 at 10:54 AM.
    Feral4Life since 2005
    cpu: Intel i9-9900K mobo: ASUS Maximus XI Extreme
    cooling: BeQuiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro gpu: ASUS RTX-2080 Ti
    ssd: Samsung 970Pro, 960 Evo, 860 Evo sound: sadly onboard
    case: Silverstone Fortress 2 Limited Edition (WRI) (I love that beauty)
    ram: 32G G.Skill 3200 C14 display: ACER X27 (G-Sync HDR IPS)

Is it just me, or is there no processor listed in the OP?

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    Is it just me, or is there no processor listed in the OP?
    It is listed in the link he provided though (i5-2550k).
    Feral4Life since 2005
    cpu: Intel i9-9900K mobo: ASUS Maximus XI Extreme
    cooling: BeQuiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro gpu: ASUS RTX-2080 Ti
    ssd: Samsung 970Pro, 960 Evo, 860 Evo sound: sadly onboard
    case: Silverstone Fortress 2 Limited Edition (WRI) (I love that beauty)
    ram: 32G G.Skill 3200 C14 display: ACER X27 (G-Sync HDR IPS)

Deleted
    OP try this instead:

http://www.komplett.dk/k/config.aspx...SystemId=10466

It's similar price but you'll have a few more options, like switching the PSU to a Corsair TX650 v2, you can change GPU as well. Remember to choose a different HDD as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Notarget View Post
    OP try this instead:

http://www.komplett.dk/k/config.aspx...SystemId=10466

It's similar price but you'll have a few more options, like switching the PSU to a Corsair TX650 v2, you can change GPU as well. Remember to choose a different HDD as well.
    Could do as well.. looking at trustpilot though, mmvision seem to have a better score with happy customers compared to komplett hehe..

Anyway, made some changes to the one you linked, how does this look:
    Cooler Master Elite 430 Midi Tower Black
    Corsair TX V2 650W PSU
    Intel® Core i5-2500K Processor
    ASUS P8Z68-V LX, Socket-1155
    Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600MHz 16GB CL9
    Gainward GeForce GTX 560 1GB PhysX
    Western Digital Caviar® Green 2TB
    Sony Optiarc DVD±RW Writer, AD-5280S
    Sony Optiarc DVD±RW Writer, AD-5280S (2 for burning cd's if needed.)

Do not buy the 560, it is not the same thing as the 560 Ti. The 560 non-Ti is considerably worse and all-around not worth the money.

Which one would you choose then?
    Of the choices there..

Deleted
    As for HDD either 1 TB black or 500GB blue, you really don't want a green (5400 RPM) HDD as your main drive. As for the GPU the best increase with minimum cost would be the XFX 6950 +683DKK. I do like MM-Vision but they don't always have the best variety, unfortunately.

I actually have an XFX Radeon HD 6950 in my current computer, but i've had quite a few problems with it with periodic faults where it doesnt show anything on the screen, and/or fan goes crazy and no picture on the screen etc.. so not really up for trying another of those i have to admit

Deleted
    Wait, in your current computer? What about building it yourself and using parts from the old one then? Sounds like something else is causing the issue, there isn't anything wrong with XFX GPU in general. I have no idea what your current system is but maybe not enough power in your power supply or something else.

The next step would be the Zotac GTX570, otherwise you'll be trading down.

Current PSU is 1000 watt, so doubt thats the problem.
    Built this one myself ages ago, and havnt had anything but problems with it tbh, so wanted something i could just ship back to the place i bought it if something failed rather than having to figure out which part it was, find out where i bought it as i couldnt buy all the parts in 1 place, and then mail that part back to them.. So annoying - much easier to just mail the entire computer and say "Fix!" :P

I thought about using some parts, but with all the problems i've had the last few months, i'd rather just get an all new computer.. the tradedown on the GPU aint that big a deal i believe.. only games i play atm is WoW, SC2 and occationally Rift, SW:ToR and Assassins creed..
    And doubt there's gonna be any new games in the near future that require a whole lot of power. Diablo 3 prob won't. Prototype 2 perhaps, not sure.

Deleted
    The wattage isn't always the issue, 1000W PSU could easily be a crappy quality one, what's the model/brand? Honestly it just sounds like you're not really sure what is causing the issues in your current PC, could be many other things than your XFX 6950. sounds like you have a fairly expensive rig by danish standards and now on a budget to just get by with a pre-built.

I guess you'll be fine with the second build you linked for WoW, SC" etc., I'd still advice you to switch the HDD to a faster one. You could always try using your XFX6950 in the new build, who knows maybe it was something else causing the issues.

Yea, honestly i have no idea what's causing the issues on the current computer, the error just seems to move around.. But could easily be MB, or PSU - dont know.. i just want something new now. I'm tired of having to keep "fixing" this computer by pulling the plug and waiting 10 minutes before i can turn it on, or it shows something on the monitor or whatever wierd errors it have done by now..
    Wanted something new hehe.

Edit:
    And yea, it was rather expensive when i bought it about 3 years ago, might even be more.. so the warrenty on the parts are all expired, so rather than trying to replace 1 part to find out it wasnt causing the issues, it's easier to just get an entirely new one
    Last edited by Ephilia; 2012-02-24 at 09:59 PM.

Deleted
    Then get the last build with better HDD and try your current GPU in it or whatever you feel like doing

Deleted
    Looks decent, but I dislike the fact that there's a 560 in there... Worthless piece of crap, lol

A 560Ti-448 (or a regular one) would be better.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would recommend MM-vision over Komplett.dk any day, much better customer service there.
    My soon 5 year old rig still works as a dream, even after the warranty I contacted them about a windows related issue and they helped me with it, they're solid.

MM-vision doesn't rip you off like other pre-makers, it's worth it, although the graphics card is abit weak

Problem is when i order those, it has to have a GPU hehe.
    But i guess i can just pick one thats decent and not too expensive, and then i can always try my old one, and if it causes problems, then i can switch to the one that came with the computer and stomp on the old :P
    Nice to have a backup i guess

I'm sorry... as I read down this thread all I can think about is...

Just buy the parts and do it your self? If you dont know how just youtube it...

Oh, btw, I hear a lot of people say "My PC is about to die" and then describe problems that can be related to needing to replace bad drivers / reinstall your operating system or MAYBE one component of your PC going bad. This is rather like junking your car for having a flat tire. While PCs do become out of date depending on when you bought it, a lot of the time you can either just replace a part (or warranty it!) or salvage the Case, PSupply, memory etc for the next PC.
    Last edited by mmmantisss; 2012-02-24 at 10:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mmmantisss View Post
    I'm sorry... as I read down this thread all I can think about is...

Just buy the parts and do it your self? If you dont know how just youtube it...
    Quote Originally Posted by Ephilia View Post
    Built this one myself ages ago, and havnt had anything but problems with it tbh, so wanted something i could just ship back to the place i bought it if something failed rather than having to figure out which part it was, find out where i bought it as i couldnt buy all the parts in 1 place, and then mail that part back to them.. So annoying - much easier to just mail the entire computer and say "Fix!" :P
    Thats why