Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    For someone who hasn't played since Ascended Gear was introduced, what's actually changed about Mesmers?

Is half of our shit still broken beyond belief? Or what?

(The last one I remember was "This trait now works!" with it being proven that it still really didn't, the phantasm shorter swing timer I think?)
    Oh hey gurl

No they didn't really fix anything. They tried to "fix" Iwarden so that it moves to its target.... yea no it is broken beyond belief. On a plus side Izerker is fixed :P
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Oh hey gurl
    haaaaaaay :D :D

No they didn't really fix anything. They tried to "fix" Iwarden so that it moves to its target.... yea no it is broken beyond belief. On a plus side Izerker is fixed :P
    They did something funky to Mantras though didn't they?
    Last edited by Kelesti; 2014-03-04 at 05:34 AM.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

They did something funky to Mantras though didn't they?
    The cast time is now like 2 1/4 seconds and resolve and concentration spread their effects in very small radius around you to other players.

Oh they made Prismatic understanding OP in PvP so there is that. New healing signet which buffs phantasm mesmers (another buff to phantasm mesmers, it is the only thing they don't nerf).
    Last edited by zito; 2014-03-03 at 05:34 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    The cast time is now like 2 1/4 seconds and resolve and concentration spread their effects in very small radius around you to other players.

Oh they made Prismatic understanding OP in PvP so there is that. New healing signet which buffs phantasm mesmers (another buff to phantasm mesmers, it is the only thing they don't nerf).
    Actually the signet is still sub-par for phantasm, the only spec which can keep 100% uptime of 3 clones is PU. Ether feast is still the way to go!

Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post
    Welcome back.
    That list is pretty cool, must admit. But never said I was back just yet, sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Zombina View Post
    Actually the signet is still sub-par for phantasm, the only spec which can keep 100% uptime of 3 clones is PU. Ether feast is still the way to go!
    PU?
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

PU = Prismatic Understanding.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've just jumped back into the game last week myself after a 1.5 year or so break. Don't really have any idea what I'm doing right now, had an 80 guardian and elementalist sitting around but decided to level my mesmer instead. It was 26, now it's 61...I was really enjoying it. Am I making a mistake?

Was hoping it was one of the more balanced classes, not broken?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivelle View Post
    I've just jumped back into the game last week myself after a 1.5 year or so break. Don't really have any idea what I'm doing right now, had an 80 guardian and elementalist sitting around but decided to level my mesmer instead. It was 26, now it's 61...I was really enjoying it. Am I making a mistake?

Was hoping it was one of the more balanced classes, not broken?
    IMO it's middle of the road in all aspects, there's far better classes, certainly, but definitely classes that are worse off.

Mesmer has many viable specs which is something very few classes have, none of them are super amazing but you can still do well with your chosen setup. I'm using a basic phantasm spec because I really wanted to play with greatsword and don't like the shatter playstyle, it's hardly as strong as say hambow or thieves but still does well enough that I don't feel huge pressure to change.

Would you agree that condition damage is not viable for us WvW wise?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Duncano View Post
    Would you agree that condition damage is not viable for us WvW wise?
    Full rabid + Perplexity runes and a PU build make positively lethal roamers, good for smaller groups (10-15 man) as well.

Here!
    Last edited by Karizee; 2014-03-11 at 03:24 PM.
    Valar morghulis

Full rabid + Perplexity runes and a PU build make positively lethal roamers, good for smaller groups (10-15 man) as well.

Here!
    That's the build I wanted to try. I already prepared everything, spent around 60 laurels and now people are telling me condition damage sucks in WvW.

10+ Year Old Account
    It was THE meta just a couple weeks ago but I'm seeing more players countering it now with better condi cleanses. The meta in WvW is much more fluid, you see more build diversity there than anywhere else in the game.

Currently I'm having fun with a shatter stealth build

(for WvW you really need to get a couple sets, you'll be using them as the meta shifts)
    Valar morghulis

Here!
    Idisenchanter over mantra if you are going to run signet of ether and toxic focusing crystal over masters crystal (this will get you 100% confusion duration).

Also you are overboard on condition damage and your sigil stacks haven't even been applied yet. Drop some for power so your Iwarlock and scepter hit like a truck with power + condition damage. You can also lose a little toughness if you want for vitality. Minimum toughness for light armor is 1600 (it is the grey area apparently).
    Last edited by zito; 2014-03-11 at 03:54 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    TY, zito! I'll give it a whirl.
    Valar morghulis

Apparently Idisenchanter bounces 5 times and prioritizes allies so yea. It is null field on steroids. Which is a quite fitting analogy because it can die lol

You sadly can't really kill anyone worth their salt with a condition build in WvW, the only thing someone has to do to survive you is stroll away from you since you are so slow without traveler runes, reliable swiftness and a way to lock someone down. They can also just kill your clones without standing in their tiny explosion radius, leaving you standing there auto attacking and trying to get a scepter 3 off. Very very tanky and trolly between the PU stealth and armor, just no real 1vX kill potential. Pretty useless in zergs too.

A power (GS + Sword/Torch) PU build is pretty damn amazing right now for roaming with more damage and way more burst than the condition version while having almost as much survivability, though pretty useless in zergs as well.

I just hope PU won't get nerfed in the big balance patch! Being a stealthy mage is exactly what I wanted from the beginning, I hope they don't take it away now that it's finally viable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is there a good place to find the most popular builds? I was looking at the official forums in the mesmer section, but there were SO many builds that when I started reading the threads it just confused the heck out of me.

I leveled with a greatsword and I love the weapon but I keep reading how horrible it is and how sword/X are much better. Honestly, I've never been a melee person and being in melee kind of scares me, but I feel like if I'm using greatsword or staff I must be a scrub based on the forum posts I read. >.>

Depends on the content you're doing, for PvE guru is ok (I don't agree with many of their ideas but that's life).

For WvW the official forums are OK since builds really don't matter.

For tPvP there's nothing
    In most cases, I understand the other side's viewpoint and how they came to it, but cannot tolerate their stubbornness to not see mine (the right one).

10+ Year Old Account
    For Mesmer builds I like Osicat's site. http://osicat.weebly.com/

Into the Mists has guides for everything. http://intothemists.com/guides/
    Valar morghulis

Quote Originally Posted by Rivelle View Post
    Is there a good place to find the most popular builds? I was looking at the official forums in the mesmer section, but there were SO many builds that when I started reading the threads it just confused the heck out of me.

I leveled with a greatsword and I love the weapon but I keep reading how horrible it is and how sword/X are much better. Honestly, I've never been a melee person and being in melee kind of scares me, but I feel like if I'm using greatsword or staff I must be a scrub based on the forum posts I read. >.>
    What are you doing? PvE? PvP? WvW?

PvE GS - S(c)/F reflect phantasm is the way to go. PvP shatter is the way to go unless it is dueling then PU phantasm is the way to go. WvW doesn't matter cause we suck at zerging but condition shatter isn't bad.