Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    I had the same idea, however the problem with it is that it takes about 2-3 seconds before you can see a clone visibly. Hope they fix it and I hope summoning clones drop targets...

/sigh
    Didn't know that about the summoning taking a while...I've heard/read (can't remember where) that the summoning def does drop targets though.

That would totally annoy the other player, but also take time to kill him.

Quote Originally Posted by Haggerty View Post
    Didn't know that about the summoning taking a while...I've heard/read (can't remember where) that the summoning def does drop targets though.
    Last beta test when people were fighting against mesmers, it didn't drop the target.

I can stand clones being almost statue like, but with the slow spawning and not dropping target it's just annoying.
    Last edited by zito; 2012-03-25 at 11:25 PM.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    I'd like to see one of those videos, everything I've seen so far just has Mesmers running around spawning clones and vanishing, but their human opponents have no issue telling who is who. Naturally, watching a video from someone elses' perspective can make things seem more chaotic.
    there's a video over in the necromancers discussion thread that has 40 minutes of necro play and as you'd imagine, encountered a lot of mesmers, i'll go grab the link real quick...

EDIT: Here's the video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=P0ay5np0078
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    there's a video over in the necromancers discussion thread that has 40 minutes of necro play and as you'd imagine, encountered a lot of mesmers, i'll go grab the link real quick...

EDIT: Here's the video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=P0ay5np0078
    Yes, but finding said mesmer fights involves watching 40 minutes of necro PvP. D:

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Delias View Post
    Yes, but finding said mesmer fights involves watching 40 minutes of necro PvP. D:
    if i had more time atm i'd watch through it and find the time marks for all of em, but i'll skip around a bit to find 1 or 2...

and youtube is pmsing again for me so it may take a while =(, i want to say there's one around the 25 minute mark... but i'm not 100% on that...
    Last edited by Durzlla; 2012-03-26 at 02:02 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

Vids are awesome thanks for the links

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Last beta test when people were fighting against mesmers, it didn't drop the target.

I can stand clones being almost statue like, but with the slow spawning and not dropping target it's just annoying.
    This has serious implications for Mesmers in structured arena, for any good PVP team to do fairly well they'll have communication from their teammates. Won't do any good if a Mesmer drops a clone, only to still be targeted/focused by the enemy, and having them alert their teammates which is the Mesmer.

I really hope they'll have Mesmer fixed by launch because so far Mesmer have a severe disadvantage in PVP because of this.

Having the ability to select which Clone to shatter would be handy, too. Sometimes you just want to shatter your clones and leave your Phantasms alive, or shatter the clone that's standing near a specific enemy. Kind of silly to shatter everything, when some clones prefer to be at a distance and therefor likely to not be around others, making them useless if you wish to shatter. A clone-pet UI would do the trick nicely as well.
    Last edited by nighties; 2012-03-26 at 12:31 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm gonna be dual wielding swords as a mesmer with my staff being my other weapon, was planning on great-swords but since they're not melee wont bother.

Quote Originally Posted by Newbryn View Post
    I'm gonna be dual wielding swords as a mesmer with my staff being my other weapon, was planning on great-swords but since they're not melee wont bother.
    I don't really understand your reasoning behind not going with great-swords. Sure, they're not melee but you're opting out of a non-melee weapon, for another non-melee weapon(staff)? If anything, GS has the berserker making it more desireable for close-combat Mesmers (such as one dual-wielding swords as their Primary).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nighties View Post
    I don't really understand your reasoning behind not going with great-swords. Sure, they're not melee but you're opting out of a non-melee weapon, for another non-melee weapon(staff)? If anything, GS has the berserker making it more desireable for close-combat Mesmers (such as one dual-wielding swords as their Primary).
    I wanted to melee as my mesmer with a great-sword but its a range weapon so that's why I'm not using it. The staff is fine for range its mostly for conditions anyway, but I just don't like using a great-sword as a range weapon.

I just saw some new beta video, and think some changes have been made to sword skills. Second skill seems to be new, and Leap and Illusionary Leap combined as third.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eternal Champion View Post
    I just saw some new beta video, and think some changes have been made to sword skills. Second skill seems to be new, and Leap and Illusionary Leap combined as third.
    Oooh, that sounds good. Does the second skill seem to be a different sort of attack then?
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    Oooh, that sounds good. Does the second skill seem to be a different sort of attack then?
    It is a short-ranged attack of some sort. There is also a new utility skill that shares staff's Duplicate icon.

Combined?
    So is it like, use it once and leap in, use in a second time and leap out?
    That seems to make it significantly easier to guess which is the already easy to guess mesmer, if that's the case.
    Before they had a second of trying to figure out if you used illusionary leap or leap, right? Or am I getting the skill confused with something else.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Delias View Post
    Combined?
    So is it like, use it once and leap in, use in a second time and leap out?
    That seems to make it significantly easier to guess which is the already easy to guess mesmer, if that's the case.
    Before they had a second of trying to figure out if you used illusionary leap or leap, right? Or am I getting the skill confused with something else.
    I think by combined, he means you summon two illusions and leap in, perhaps in a certain order. Most Mesmers probably used them in succession anyways, so what was the point in keeping them separate?

A smart Mesmer would always make an illusion leap in, and then use the one where you leap in, so that you get two illusions onto the enemy.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

You press button three and Leap, then skill switches to Illusionary Leap. It's a combo, like most spam attacks.

See here for yourselves: http://vid.buffed.de/hdvideo/7533/Gu...hattenBehemoth

10+ Year Old Account
    You press button three and Leap, then skill switches to Illusionary Leap. It's a combo, like most spam attacks.

See here for yourselves: http://vid.buffed.de/hdvideo/7533/Gu...hattenBehemoth
    Hrm. I hope they switch the order.
    Though maybe it won't matter since they just seem to alternate each time you use it.

I really love this change, the way illusions were taking two out of three slots was awful. Sword is way better now in my eyes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Behind you, what I'm not? Then who's this person I'm behind?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxa5w...4-Q&feature=iv

Some of the new Mesmer traits.

Looks like I'm gonna have to start updating the front page again .