Quote Originally Posted by Cyphran View Post
    Why did they take the vulnerability off the Greatsword ;( I really liked that...
    Hmm, conflicting leaked notes.

We'll have to see whether it's removing Boons, or applying Vulnerability. But if it isn't applying Vulnerability on Mind Stab, then it would be on Bouncing Blade. So Greatsword's keeping that debuff (a constant for a bladed mesmer, it seems).
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

The leak notes say the vul was moved to bouncing blade and mind stab hits multiple targets and removes all boons.

We will find out today though.

---------- Post added 2012-08-15 at 10:29 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    That seriously needs to be one of the Shatter skills. Switch places with a random illusion, and then that one illusion is shattered.

Right now it's only part of the MH sword. You first send out a clone to leap at an enemy and cripple, and then it chains into you swapping with the illusion and immobilizing.
    I've fucked with so many people with swords teleport if they implemented it as a shatter it would be OP for me :P

Oh wow... completely missed Vulnerability was moved to BB in those notes... Glad to keep it. Shame on me for my failure to read.

I've decided to be a Mesmer since the first stress test I did, but now that it's so close to launch I'm starting to doubt this choice and contemplate doing a Mesmer...of course now it's too late to get some quality time in before launch to decide :/

I just noticed that mesmers can use a sword in the offhand. I never noticed that before. Is that new?

Quote Originally Posted by leafs43 View Post
    I just noticed that mesmers can use a sword in the offhand. I never noticed that before. Is that new?
    Nope, not at all.

Not really liking the ground target aoe mind stab I use my mouse to move so I'm not a fan of aoe mouse targeting and the 1 boon removal is meh.

Mantras duration and damage was nerfed as expected for the new charges.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Not really liking the ground target aoe mind stab I use my mouse to move so I'm not a fan of aoe mouse targeting and the 1 boon removal is meh.

1 Boon removal from any targets you can squeeze into that little circle, with a bit of AoE damage added onto it. Before despite the animation it was limited to single target I'm just glad that the Vulnerability isn't linked to the Targetting Circle, that would be way too much, no thanks on that.

There's an option you can check to have it "smart" target ground-targeted spells at your target. Not sure how well it does with moving targets though.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give into your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

There's an option you can check to have it "smart" target ground-targeted spells at your target. Not sure how well it does with moving targets though.
    That's not what it does.

It auto-clicks wherever your mouse is pointing already, rather than needing a second instance of input.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    That's not what it does.

It auto-clicks wherever your mouse is pointing already, rather than needing a second instance of input.
    Ah. Still useful. I usually set my ground-targeted spells in WoW like that with a macro.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give into your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Ah. Still useful. I usually set my ground-targeted spells in WoW like that with a macro.
    Or have them set to auto-fire via coding from certain people's gamepads and/or mice. It's a decent feature (one I prefer to disable myself most of the time), but it still doesn't change the fact that you're mouse-targetting a skill that used to auto-fire, rooting you but not your target.

Every stress test my profession choice gets harder and harder. I think I'm liking the Mesmer more than Engineer/ Warrior now, It's just too much fun. Also the utility skill Veil or whatever (the one that provides a stealth wall) was totally broken in the stress test I think.
    "Haters give me balance, every Kyle's got a Cartman." -George Watsky

Or have them set to auto-fire via coding from certain people's gamepads and/or mice. It's a decent feature (one I prefer to disable myself most of the time), but it still doesn't change the fact that you're mouse-targetting a skill that used to auto-fire, rooting you but not your target.
    Hrm. It's a shame that it roots the user, of course. But then... so do other skills that stab into the ground. Like Guardian Greatsword #2.

Hrm. It's a shame that it roots the user, of course. But then... so do other skills that stab into the ground. Like Guardian Greatsword #2.
    Does it have a targetting circle?

Does it have a targetting circle?
    Well no, that one's just PBAoE. Which, imo, is inferior to being able to place it where you want it.

Ok no offense but Anet are idiots on mesmer downed skill.

Down skill now provides a cloak. Cool. Except if a person is in middle of a stomp they still finish you regardless. I mean being visible wasn't the problem, its not stopping stomp is the problem

Ok no offense but Anet are idiots on mesmer downed skill.

Down skill now provides a cloak. Cool. Except if a person is in middle of a stomp they still finish you regardless. I mean being visible wasn't the problem, its not stopping stomp is the problem
    That's weird. Doesn't the Thief one stop the stomp?

They changed it so stealth stops the stomp, At least thats how it worked on thieves. I'm pretty sure the 2 skill saved me when I was downed in pvp this stress test (didn't die enough to really notice )
    "Haters give me balance, every Kyle's got a Cartman." -George Watsky

That's weird. Doesn't the Thief one stop the stomp?
    The stealth? Probably not, however your teleport sends you flying away so stomp is out of range, mesmers is not :/

They changed it so stealth stops the stomp, At least thats how it worked on thieves. I'm pretty sure the 2 skill saved me when I was downed in pvp this stress test (didn't die enough to really notice )
    If you are still in range for a mesmer at least stealth won't stop it. Ive killed plenty of mesmers and died myself ty