Quote Originally Posted by PonyCannon View Post
    Main thing I noticed this test is that the minor trait that generates a clone on dodge roll is now a major trait. So no more unwanted clones just from picking a line. It swapped with the trait that made clone crits cause bleeding.
    Think you missed the change that made cloned no longer overwrite Phantasms. They aren't "unwanted" anymore.

Also, great job on the numbers, guys. Glad to see your work
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Anyone else encounter this issue with MH Sword move number 3

I believe when I was at a greater distance than its range of 600 units of distance the spell would cast, go on cooldown, but I'd get no clone (and thus be unable to complete the chain. Is this supposed to be intentional (punishment for not knowing how far 600 units of distance is?

I would assume that we should be getting a "you're outta range dude, you cant use that" message.

----------

Another question. Say I was dual wielding swords

Would putting two Signets of Earth in them:
    ---- A: Give me Two 60% chances to apply a bleed upon critical hit?
    Or
    ---- B: Simply be the one 60% chance (in which case I suppose I'd use Signet of Agony (longer bleeds - Question B, this would apply to the Signet of Earth Bleed correct?)

---------

Another question, have to ask here cause I've gotta run out to work in about 2mins...

1: The Mantra of Daze (not actual name).... does Daze always trigger the "skills on cooldown" deal? or only if you interrupt a special move?
    2: If it always applys the cooldown condition, does this trigger the interrupt/daze traits in the Power line?

I'm 100% planning to go Sword Sword, but I'm a little disappointed with the Greatsword at the moment (and I thought that would be my weapon of choice). *Thinking* of using a staff as my Alternative weapon for a little more AoE power and I believe being a bit tougher to kill.

So I tried this profession during last nights play time and I have read most of the OP links, but are there good long videos detailing the play of this class. Granted I only played for a few hours but I guess I am not doing something right or maybe I am and not knowing it. I only died because of a fall; some of those scenic views are deadly.

Does it take a certain level before it feels special?
    iMac
    2012-03-05 : The day SWTOR jumped the shark
    Mages are basically "warlocks for girls" - Kerrath

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroWashu View Post
    So I tried this profession during last nights play time and I have read most of the OP links, but are there good long videos detailing the play of this class. Granted I only played for a few hours but I guess I am not doing something right or maybe I am and not knowing it. I only died because of a fall; some of those scenic views are deadly.

Does it take a certain level before it feels special?
    Well, all professions need some time tbh. If you are having difficulty with picking a profession, pick what you thematically like the most. (BIG AXE, FAIAR, PEW PEW ILLUSIONS, DEAAAAAAAATH etc).

As for me, I really find it hard to pick a race for my mesmer. I originally planned to roll human, but then asura became available and I said "asura it is", but then I rolled a sylvari and got struck by their amazing character creation. Any ideas people?

Pokemon X FC: 1435-4739-8696 Trainer Name: Evershade

I believe when I was at a greater distance than its range of 600 units of distance the spell would cast, go on cooldown, but I'd get no clone (and thus be unable to complete the chain. Is this supposed to be intentional (punishment for not knowing how far 600 units of distance is?
    This is exactly what I was afraid of, so much for pre cloning and it really hurts for skills like leap. It really contradicts the whole mind fucking thing.

On a side note I have an idea for a boon mesmer however I am to lazy to make it :3

Quote Originally Posted by Well View Post
    Well, all professions need some time tbh. If you are having difficulty with picking a profession, pick what you thematically like the most. (BIG AXE, FAIAR, PEW PEW ILLUSIONS, DEAAAAAAAATH etc).

As for me, I really find it hard to pick a race for my mesmer. I originally planned to roll human, but then asura became available and I said "asura it is", but then I rolled a sylvari and got struck by their amazing character creation. Any ideas people?
    For me, I am going with what feels right to me. While this is different for every person, a Human Mesmer feels better to me than the rest. I tried a few races for Mesmer, and the human is the one that stuck for me. The animations felt better, and moving around felt more natural. Then again, Asura warrior worked better for me than a Human warrior, so I don't know what is up with that.

I'd say pick the race that makes the most sense to you/looks the best to you. If you don't like it, then if anything delete and try something else. This is especially not hard if after the first few levels you find you did not like a race as much as another for the profession.
    WoW: Fiska 90 Holy Paladin (Mal'ganis) Aliyra 90 Mistweaver Monk (Korgath)
    PM me if you ever want to add me for Hearthstone!

Played it during the 6 hour stress test, from the 10 levels I got to play, seems like I'll be rocking greatsword as 1 setup and scepter with torch as my other setup for a mainly high-damage "spec". I wanted to go sword/gun but it just wasn't giving me the damage I wanted, it looks good in action, love Phantasmal Duelist. But scepter/torch just gives me the ranged damage I want and need. The confusion debuff is pretty sweet and does a crapton of damage I noticed.
    Last edited by Clockwork Pinkie; 2012-08-23 at 07:23 AM.

Call target still remains on the mesmer.

/sigh

Quote Originally Posted by Totemanic View Post
    After an entire weekend of WvWvW there wasn't a single time where the shatter effect on an enemy would have been more useful than having that illusion still alive, so it's not about lack of creativity at all. Sure, when 1 on 1 against a good enemy who keeps track of and doesn't attack your illusions it is useful to shatter them, but that's really not that often.
    I think it adds a lot of flexibility to the playstyle. I recall many times in WvWvW where I'd be just about to go down, but the person I was fighting would also be low on health, so i'd quickly shatter my illusions, bringing them down to minimal health, then I'd be able to finish them off while I was downed.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post

/sigh
    Gonna still hold out hope it's unintended.

I'm tempted to have my Asura, my 5th character slot and currently Mesmer, be an Engineer and save Mesmer for one of my 6th+ character slots, for after various obvious kinks are polished up better.
    Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2012-08-23 at 08:48 PM.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

/sigh
    That would explain why when i played on my mesmer this last stress test everyone saw through my clones despite me pretending to be one.... wasn't sure if peoples IQs had sky rocketed to the point of being able to tell the difference... or if that stupid lock on was still there...

Oh, i can confirm that clones are still annoying as fucking hell in the aspect that they will "aggro" my pet now despite whether i use Sic'em or not, so you can rest assured that you can destroy any ranger that's reliant at all on their pet as long as you keep throwing clones everywhere...
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

Oh, i can confirm that clones are still annoying as fucking hell in the aspect that they will "aggro" my pet now despite whether i use Sic'em or not, so you can rest assured that you can destroy any ranger that's reliant at all on their pet as long as you keep throwing clones everywhere...
    It use to be rangers pet wouldn't attack anything but the mesmer. Clones will entirely useless against rangers.

It use to be rangers pet wouldn't attack anything but the mesmer. Clones will entirely useless against rangers.
    yup, it used to be if i hit F1 on the mesmer he'd lock onto the mesmer, but now if i hit F1 he'll lock onto the mesmer... and then switch to any clones you might spawn which gets REALLY annoying i might add xD.
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

I still think Mesmers would be so much more fun if I could manually swap with a random clone...

Or if, when generating clones, the animation involved in their generation could be confusing enough to not know which one is which. Say you cast Mirror Images, your character model should disappear into some kind of nebulous animation of purple energy, and then "three" of you spawn, with one of the three being the real you - which one being real determined entirely at random.
    Would love to see that for all clone generations...
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    I still think Mesmers would be so much more fun if I could manually swap with a random clone...

Or if, when generating clones, the animation involved in their generation could be confusing enough to not know which one is which. Say you cast Mirror Images, your character model should disappear into some kind of nebulous animation of purple energy, and then "three" of you spawn, with one of the three being the real you - which one being real determined entirely at random.
    Would love to see that for all clone generations...
    I personally am in love with the staff because you teleport backwards and then you and a clone are spawned at the end of the teleport which screws with your opponents mind especially if you stand still and spam 1 (power + cond staff build = win)

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    I personally am in love with the staff because you teleport backwards and then you and a clone are spawned at the end of the teleport which screws with your opponents mind especially if you stand still and spam 1 (power + cond staff build = win)
    I just think that's it's far too easy to tell which is real. Right now, it's kind of like the game you play where you hide a ball under a cup and spin them around, except you don't spin the cups around, and they get to see you place the ball.

Let's say the Sword one, the leaping illusion one? Instead of an illusion spawning out of thin air and then leaping forward, while you stand there... using the skill should cause a nebulous cloud of purple energy to form up, and then you and the illusion both leap out at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    I just think that's it's far too easy to tell which is real. Right now, it's kind of like the game you play where you hide a ball under a cup and spin them around, except you don't spin the cups around, and they get to see you place the ball.

Let's say the Sword one, the leaping illusion one? Instead of an illusion spawning out of thin air and then leaping forward, while you stand there... using the skill should cause a nebulous cloud of purple energy to form up, and then you and the illusion both leap out at the same time.
    The sword one is the one i confused people the most with... and there is 0 way for them to tell who is who when all you are doing is auto attacking next to a clone...

Stop trying to spin cups with a ball under it, and start playing like you're in a house of mirrors, it'll work better.

The sword one is the one i confused people the most with... and there is 0 way for them to tell who is who when all you are doing is auto attacking next to a clone...

Stop trying to spin cups with a ball under it, and start playing like you're in a house of mirrors, it'll work better.
    That is why I like the stealth utilities. I love making clones then stealthing out. Definitely confuses them and is also a great defensive tool.
    WoW: Fiska 90 Holy Paladin (Mal'ganis) Aliyra 90 Mistweaver Monk (Korgath)
    PM me if you ever want to add me for Hearthstone!

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy92286 View Post
    That is why I like the stealth utilities. I love making clones then stealthing out. Definitely confuses them and is also a great defensive tool.
    lol omg you're the ass hole mesmers i hate the most xD i get 100% sure i'm about to kill you and then BOOM clone... i really liked hiding in plain site and watching the frustration rise as they tried (and failed) at killing my clones that i was standing right next to....

Oh and when they did find me Cry of Frustration made me laugh my ass off! (6 stacks of confusion, and 3 stacks of retaliation meant they were going to have a bad day)

Which continues to lead me to believe that this needs to be a baseline profession skill, instead of part of just that one clone summon.

For the record, if you leap at me like that, I'm just going to pull out a Greatsword and hit both of you.

Doesn't really matter when all of your reflections all perform the exact same move, completely separate from what you're doing.

But you saying that makes me think: what if clones mimicked your skill usage, instead of just auto attacking?

Why should we have to act like clones when they're supposed to be acting like us?!

If ANet makes that change, I can be perfectly happy without clone-swapping as a baseline skill.
    Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2012-08-25 at 02:10 AM.