Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Roggles View Post
    I'm still wary of choosing mesmer as my main. A big reason I'm consdering this class is because it has the ability to be melee, which is only one of it's weapon sets. If some patch rolls around one of these days and makes the sword not viable, a lot of the fun I get in the class will be go poof.
    Hey, at least you still have it viable now. I'm still waiting for the tweaks that make dagger for necro viable.
    Anyways, after this BWE, I concluded that the elementalist is nothing for me, which means a slot came free and the mesmer is now up for it. But I probably don't immideatly sink myself into all the information, seeing how things will probably change(that's the vibe I get from this thread at least.).

Deleted
    Nice mesmer pvp video:

Here is article about it: http://www.guildwars2hub.com/feature...paradigm-video

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Iryne View Post
    Nice mesmer pvp video:
    <snip>

Here is article about it: http://www.guildwars2hub.com/feature...paradigm-video
    Omg... finally a GOOD mesmer video!! Most mesmer videos are pretty awful (from what i've seen)!
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are mesmer clones any good at getting a mobs aggro?

Deleted
    Not remotely...every so often it happened to me, but 99% of the time not.

Quote Originally Posted by Iryne View Post
    What's with the purple experience?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eternal Champion View Post
    What's with the purple experience?
    That is the glory tracker. PvP currency. It tracks how far til next rank, though the ranks weren't accurate in BWE2 I don't think.

Happens occasionally, and they eat a melee swing and die. Usually when they're in melee, and you're not. When kiting, that's worth 2 1/2 seconds of waiting on other cooldowns to come back up, and kept me alive far more than people give credit.

Also, for a solo build (I pulled this off in Catacombs too) Decoy is overpowered in that regards. Sure it only eats one hit (unlike Defender), but by the time they tear through my clones or stealth falls off, I'm halfway to egypt and gearing up to go back in.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    Happens occasionally, and they eat a melee swing and die. Usually when they're in melee, and you're not. When kiting, that's worth 2 1/2 seconds of waiting on other cooldowns to come back up, and kept me alive far more than people give credit.

Also, for a solo build (I pulled this off in Catacombs too) Decoy is overpowered in that regards. Sure it only eats one hit (unlike Defender), but by the time they tear through my clones or stealth falls off, I'm halfway to egypt and gearing up to go back in.
    Omg I love and DESPISE decoy... When I use it my god it's awesome! But when I go against it I fall for it like everytime, that is unless they pop it at low health and BEFORE they heal then I know it's a clone...

PS: not sure if it's been said or not but I can 100% confirm that summoning a clone will swap anyone whose targeting you to ANY nearby clone you have, it is NOT always the one you just summoned, and it will not make them target phantasms either.
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post

PS: not sure if it's been said or not but I can 100% confirm that summoning a clone will swap anyone whose targeting you to ANY nearby clone you have, it is NOT always the one you just summoned, and it will not make them target phantasms either.
    Just players or mobs?

10+ Year Old Account
    Just players or mobs?
    I want to say it worked on mobs as well, but i can't remember... i just know that when i was throwing winds of chaos at people i wasn't getting hit very often, if at all... i didn't use swords very much though so i can't be 100% sure that it was due to them swapping targets, and not just because i was running away and clones weren't.

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    I want to say it worked on mobs as well, but i can't remember... i just know that when i was throwing winds of chaos at people i wasn't getting hit very often, if at all... i didn't use swords very much though so i can't be 100% sure that it was due to them swapping targets, and not just because i was running away and clones weren't.
    If you are talking about decoy, it is most likely they just re targeted from the stealth drop.

Also did they ever fix the bug where you would auto attack while using decoy? Breaking stealth instantly.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Couldn't tell you. Why would you have "auto-attack" enabled at all, at this point?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    If you are talking about decoy, it is most likely they just re targeted from the stealth drop.

Also did they ever fix the bug where you would auto attack while using decoy? Breaking stealth instantly.
    I am not talking about decoy, I used that PVE like twice was having more fun with other skills lol, I used the ability where I rolled away and spawned a clone a lot though which usually resulted in them trying to kill the clone instead of me. And in PVP when fighting mesmers it would 100% remove them as mine, and my pets target and put us on a random clone (I know it was random because several times both me and my pet were in different clones)

Actually, now that I think about it I dont think I even HAD decoy in pve...

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay, so moves like jagger is definitely the mesmer theme song.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nah, not at all... I'm trying to think of the song I declared the Mesmer theme song... But I did listen to mind heist a bit while doing it!

Couldn't tell you. Why would you have "auto-attack" enabled at all, at this point?
    In BWE1, decoy turned on your auto attack.

Which is why I dumped it.

Hell to the no

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    In BWE1, decoy turned on your auto attack.

Which is why I dumped it.
    "Turned on your auto-attack"

Again, why do you have "Auto-Attack" enabled?

"Turned on your auto-attack"

Again, why do you have "Auto-Attack" enabled?
    Its automatically turned on by default. It will continuously spam the attack you highlighted which by default is your 1 key, which is easier for most players just to leave instead of constantly spamming the 1 button.

I shouldn't be forced to turn it off and spam the 1 key over and over again when a stealth move shouldn't even turn on your auto attack which breaks stealth in the first place.

Stealth move that turns on your auto attack which breaks on auto attack = bad player judgement?

What

Stealth move that enables you to stealth, but doesn't disable your ability to end stealth when you so choose, by attacking targets at will, which you have enabled to automatically do when in range of a target.

Or, disable auto-attack, don't break stealth, don't accidentally pull side mobs when you're already having a difficult time trying to manage pulls. It shouldn't be Decoy that gets you to turn it off, you should have it off already. The fact that you keep it turned on is no fault to the skill.