Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    cant play with a mouse... started as a FPS gamer (and still play) and trackball > mouse

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SoCal View Post
    cant play with a mouse... started as a FPS gamer (and still play) and trackball > mouse
    My best friend used to say the same thing, until he bought a Naga. Now he's in love with it.
    http://fredplz.wordpress.com/ - Thoughts of an obsessive Resto Shaman

Buy a Naga, never look back.
    ^

I got a Naga just after I started SWTOR and although I already had my bind sets and were used to them, once I got used to the extra buttons the Naga offers it is a game changer (as far as hotkeys go).

I can't believe I have been playing MMO's for so long without one.

Keybinds I Use are as follows

1-5 (6 is double keybound to a button on the naga , but only because I ran out of hotkey placements)

Shift 1-5

Crtl E + F

All buttons on Naga

In total I have 24 keybinds or so, albeit not all are used all the time only for the odd skill / relic etc, I probably only use 10 in total all the time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Choch View Post
    Buy a Naga, never look back.
    I have to say I have a uncanny love for my naga. When my original got messed up and had to wait for my new one I did not know what to do.
    If I weren't insane: I couldn't be so brilliant!

Deleted
    My Razer Naga with one button push presses two buttons - adrenal and relic. And yes I'm using my third Naga and personally I don't like buying such crappy USA products, but.. Those damn buttons, there's nothing like that on the market, so I'm hooked on buying shitty hardware. >.> I guess that speaks about how much I think Razer Naga is essential for playing MMORPGS and you should buy one.

And that's why I laugh at morons who were claiming in swtor.com that it will dumb down the game, make it play the game for you (same with morons saying DBM does that, lol), etc. It only brings equality.
    Last edited by mmoc2457b450b7; 2012-02-24 at 11:58 PM.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehfred View Post
    My best friend used to say the same thing, until he bought a Naga. Now he's in love with it.
    The movement is what throws me off (thumb vs wrist); and with keybinds I havent found a need... it use to be that I could out turn people as well as the mouse has physical distance issues.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SoCal View Post
    The movement is what throws me off (thumb vs wrist); and with keybinds I havent found a need... it use to be that I could out turn people as well as the mouse has physical distance issues.
    I can see how that helped in the past, but Steelseries has some awesome extra-wide mouse pads.

http://steelseries.com/products/surf...teelseries-9hd

Just as an example.
    http://fredplz.wordpress.com/ - Thoughts of an obsessive Resto Shaman

i rest my left hand on 1-4 with my left thumb on alt. my pinky can reach ` fine and my index finger can hit 5 np. i can also reach q,w,e,r real easy.
    that's 10 keys. thumb on alt, use as a modifier, that's 20 keys.

the really nifty part: i have a logitech g700. love the size and texture of this mouse. i mouse move completely. i use the mouse wheel tilt to strafe. it has a few extra buttons, but the important ones are the 4 on the side. big, easy to reach and use while mouse moving.

this is the important part: i bind one button to ctrl. i bind another to shift. i use those to mod the other keys so i don't have to do some unnatural weirdness to hit shift or ctrl.
    so now that's 30 with ctrl mod, 40 with shift mod. and it's real easy to alt-ctrl mod, alt-shift, ctrl-shift and alt-ctrl-shift.

that's 80 possible keybinds with my left hand never having to reach or stretch, very tight, small, fast movements. simply resting on 1-4. if i never want to move off 1-4, that's still 28 keybinds.

it's also very easy to reach tab to tab target with pinky. and it's easy to mod tab with ctrl/shift to target nearest or target center.