View Poll Results: Fat or Extremly thin?

Voters
199. This poll is closed
  • Fat

60 30.15%
  • Extremly thin

139 69.85%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I'm going to go with thin. It seems like it would be easier to get to an "ideal" body from being thin and scrawny compared to really fat.

plus I'm basically like that now, and I don't feel much worse off because of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Extremely skinny, hands down. Coming from someone who has been 6' and 170 lbs 6' and 250 lbs, it is a lot easier to gain wait then to lose it. Also, it is more fun to gain wait then to lose it. Who complains about having to eat 2 hamburgers and a chocolate shake instead of a salad? But vice-versa, everyone would complain. I have gained 50 lbs in 3 months before, and I can say that it is not very hard to put on weight, unless you want to put on pure muscle. I have also lost 50 lbs in 3 months before (lol) and can tell you it is a lot harder and takes a lot more discipline. Also, to the person saying it is harder to gain muscle then to lose fat; yes that is true. But it is harder to lose fat and gain muscle at the same time than to just gain muscle. If you are extremely skinny, adding weight is simple and easy. If you want to just add muscle, having a balanced diet and going to the gym regularly will give you easier and faster results if you are skinny than if you are fat.
    \

Fat, I can be jolly.
    Hi Sephurik

Fat definitely. For me, it's much easier to cut and have muscle than it is to build muscle as if I was thin. When fat people lose weight, they usually have a solid muscle base to build from, but thin people have to build it out of "nothing".

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd be Thin.

I miss being thin - was like 60kg all the way though highschool until my final year when i was in a car accident which broke both my legs and from all the pain meds messing with my metabolism and going from being a super active swimmer and gymnast to being almost immobile for almost a year I stacked on the weight which i've never been able to shift. I'm 140kg now and I hate it!

Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    Still amazing to me that Bale went from 121 lbs at the end of The Machinist to 230 lbs at the beginning of Batman 6 months later.
    Check the difference between Chris Hemsworth as Kirk's father in Star Trek and how he looks as Thor. Massive change. But I'm sure neither Bale or Hemsworth would've passed a drug test.

10+ Year Old Account
    extremely thin since ive exped it before and still am on the thin side. you do die faster from being extremely underweight than being over in most cases. Eating tons to be normal again rather than having to diet from being over sounds more appealing to me.
    Last edited by strangebreed; 2012-02-25 at 06:33 AM.

Well that kind of depends. I'd rather be moderately fat than skin and bones, especially as a male whom tend to look better fat than females. But if we're talking equal distance away from the "standard" line, then skinny.

Quote Originally Posted by Borzo View Post
    While both are unattractive, being very thin isn't as unhealthy as being very fat. So I vote for thin.
    It really depends. Both ends of the spectrum are very unhealthy. Closer to the median they're both still comparable. You can't just say one is worse than the other.

I honestly don't know. Extremely thin compared to slightly fat I'd obviously pick fat. Since there's no modifier in front of fat I went with that.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Depends on how fat. I am overweight at the moment, and I would rather stay as I am than be extremely thin.

Fat for sure. I find thin way more unappealing.

15+ Year Old Account
    It takes more effort to gain muscle, especially if you have the frame of a stick insect like me. No matter how much work you put into it, the limit of fitness you could get would be equal to average Joe, and noone will appreciate the effort you applied.

But it takes more willpower to lose fat, any fat person can get to be a healthy person, so I'd be fat and work it off.

If I had to choose one and I would never be able to gain/lose weight, I'd be extremely skinny, as at least I'd be more mobile.
    The Allies would've definitely lost World War II if the Horde had taken part

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Snow White View Post

I'd rather be fat. I find the boney look to be very unappealing.
    yea i dont think the girl on the right is what the OP meant by fat.... he meant like extreme fat

Quote Originally Posted by Noobadin View Post
    Since I'm fat I'll go with extremely thin.
    Same for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bloody Bamboo Forrest of Eternal Nightmares
    I'm fat and I'd rather be than a stick man....just sayin'

When I had a serious illness and spent a month in hospital I went from around 200lb (90kg) which was on the upper end of a healthy weight for my height to being 130lb (60kg) and I was a skeleton. I'd rather do that again then drag around a heap of extra mass. I guess i'd rather be extremely weak and frail than heavy and useless.

Quote Originally Posted by Nivis View Post
    I am very thin (male, 110 lbs @ 6,1').
    Alltough I've osteoporosis because of my weight (in combination with my eating habits) and nearly no muscle mass (+ physical strength) at all, I'm completely satisfied with my shape and I'd definitely prefer being extremely thin over being even slightly fat at any time.
    good god man... I was 6' and 130 lbs at my skinniest and I thought I was going to die. I would much rather be thin than fat any day, as I love food and am a chef myself so i would have no problem fattening myself up if needed. I also do farm labor so muscle mass would be no issue. Though I mean really, who really wants to be on the right of THIS PICTURE. And that wasn't anywhere near the worst thing that came up looking up fat people on google.

Quote Originally Posted by Nivis View Post
    I am very thin (male, 110 lbs @ 6,1').
    Alltough I've osteoporosis because of my weight (in combination with my eating habits) and nearly no muscle mass (+ physical strength) at all, I'm completely satisfied with my shape and I'd definitely prefer being extremely thin over being even slightly fat at any time.
    I would always rather be overweight than what you are now. That is being very, very, very unhealthy the way you are now. If you are just overweight and not morbidly obese, you would be 100 time more healthy than you are currently.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zefie View Post
    Everyone who does not miss Vanilla has no heart. Whoever wishes it back has no brain.

Quote Originally Posted by Drekker17 View Post
    You don't find super fat disturbing to look at? Both extremes freak me out.
    True but the OP never specified exactly what he meant by "fat", by fat is it ~100 lbs over weight or is it "The Biggest Loser/Extreme Makeover: Weight Loss Edition" fat?

I wouldn't want to be extremely skinny to the point you could see my rib bones(that skinny is just disgusting) but I wouldn't want to be morbidly obese either.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kirbyrules View Post
    I would always rather be overweight than what you are now. That is being very, very, very unhealthy the way you are now. If you are just overweight and not morbidly obese, you would be 100 time more healthy than you are currently.
    Don't get me wrong...I absolutely know this.
    But I don't really care and can't imagine voluntarily putting on weight (at least not more than let's say 10lbs which would be absolute maximum).