Thread: Please Help

Please Help

So my brother downloaded some stupid microsoft updates i tend to avoid and in the proccess of doing so a program called Home Malware Cleaner came with the updates. This program wont let me disable it (everytime i do so it goes to the subscribtion screen), Also it occasioanlly pulls me off wow with misc messages... I've found the only thing i can do is leave the program message up and it wont interefere with wow.. I thought i could go to add/remove hardware and find it there but it's not showing up. So any advice on how to get rid of this would be greatly appreciated.

10+ Year Old Account
    Get a registry cleaner, or Spybot Search and Destroy and that should clear it up. And it doesn't come from Microsoft updates, its unintentionally downloaded through emails or websites infected with it. Both of those things mentioned above are free.

First off: the Windows Updates, assuming he obtained them through official means, had nothing to do with you contracting this virus, it comes through malicious emails or downloads.

That being said, here's a guide on how to remove it: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/viru...alware-cleaner
    Last edited by noteworthynerd; 2012-02-24 at 09:39 PM.

If spybot doesn't work, also try Malwarebytes (http://www.malwarebytes.org/)

Deleted
    I can assure you, that was not from any official microsoft updates.
    A quick google of "Home Malware Cleaner" gives you many pages with removal guides etc - since you're unable to use your initiative I would supply you with a direct link; however I'm not allowed to post links until I have a higher post count

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, forgot about malwarebytes. Either way, get yourself a decent firewall/antivirus and it shouldn't happen again. =D

Thanks for all the replies i will try spybot and see if it works. Come to think of it my mom was on my PC awhile back looking at her e-mails and thats probably where it came from. Once again thanks for the replies.

Don't use Spybot, it's not even close to being as good as Malwarebytes... Not to mention, there are other steps you have to take to get rid of this specific piece of Malware, follow the guide I linked.