Poll: Which Class would probably win a 1on1 Tournament?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by thisnamesucks View Post
    Always love how people ignore BM hunters. BM hunters shit on everything 1v1. I cant name one thing a highly skilled BM hunter would lose to consitently.
    There a probably several classes that can take out BM hunters, but I know for sure that shadow priests will take out BM hunters on a consistent basis when Nagrand pillars are present (as the OP stated).

Deleted
    Shadow Priests and probably also Warlocks.
    Boomkins are also pretty hard for a hunter.

Basically the ranged classes with a lot of instant casts (DoTs) that can also heal and are good at mitigating damage. The hunter interrupts and the hunter kiting abilities aren't worth too much in these fights. One of the biggest problems a hunter has: his health knows only one direction, and that is DOWN (BM can heal a bit, the Chimera heal is pathetic). It's getting fixed in MoP (Exhilaration in combination with Crouching Tiger).
    Last edited by mmocc9639e0326; 2012-02-28 at 08:25 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    frost mage
    rogue
    s-priest

will the class meet every other class in this tournament?
    if so, id say mage has a chance to beat more classes than any other class in a duel.
    but, every class has a counter. hard to say

Every class except warriors :P

Quote Originally Posted by joepesci View Post
    Shadow Priests and probably also Warlocks.
    why? can't get much worse than a spriest in duels.
    here's a list of specs that beat a sp:
    dk (any spec)
    feral
    frost mage (dunno bout fire)
    probably equal chance to win vs ret
    rogue
    enhance (if played right)
    warriors
    aff locks is prob equal.

keep in mind any undead class will make the spriest life a bit more miserable.

A high rated hunter can beat any class

10+ Year Old Account
    Feral/Fmage. Rogues are digusting too, but my issue with Rogues is mainly smokebomb, recuperate, having a million interrupts, the best slow in the game and how stupidly easy their burst is. Feral/Frost both have abilities that are too strong in an independent environment, and even Rogues complain about Ferals.

I feel like I may be underestimating BM Hunters as I've been hit with 35k KCs before through 5k resil and 48.22% physical damage reduction, who knows how much it hits for on cloth/leather. Well, you know what I mean.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Woop Woop View Post
    will the class meet every other class in this tournament?
    if so, id say mage has a chance to beat more classes than any other class in a duel.
    but, every class has a counter. hard to say
    Normal tournament dynamics, just think of it as a 1on1 Arena. Some classes will be more frequent, others less frequent.

I've asked myself such hypothetical questions, like lets say a rogue could beat 9 out of 10 classes (or 8 out of 9, if rogue vs rogue is considered a tie). A hunter gets beaten by 9 out of 10 classes, but lets also say that the hunter owns rogues. Now, because rogue is such a good class, the tournament would be full with rogues. How high is the chance for a hunter to win this tournament? lol ;-)

This was an extreme and hypothetical example, but it would happen in reality too, though to a lesser extent.

In general 1on1 is considered rock-paper-scissors, but rock-paper-scissors, in most cases, only works perfectly if there are exactly 3 participants. With 10 classes you would have rocks that have to fear 7 papers, and others rocks who would have to fear only 2 papers... So yea, theoretically there is a class which is best at 1on1.

Rogues tickle my Paladin. <3

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Woop Woop View Post
    why? can't get much worse than a spriest in duels.
    here's a list of specs that beat a sp:
    dk (any spec)
    feral
    frost mage (dunno bout fire)
    probably equal chance to win vs ret
    rogue
    enhance (if played right)
    warriors
    aff locks is prob equal.

keep in mind any undead class will make the spriest life a bit more miserable.
    You've got me wrong, I only refered to the thread above me, stating that SPs should consistently beat hunters. Wasn't saying that SPs are good at duels in general.

Quote Originally Posted by BatteredRose View Post
    Rogues tickle my Paladin. <3
    Like two hours ago I was watching Zileas 3v3 stream on twitch.tv playing a holy paladin. He was crying and complaining so hard, when he got owned by a legendary rogue within like 10 seconds . The rogue was Megatronx from Kel'Thuzad.
    Last edited by mmocc9639e0326; 2012-02-29 at 06:52 AM.

Rogue... If they feel like it they'll just vanish, run very far away and wait for cool downs before opening up on you every time.

10+ Year Old Account
    a fully raid geared mastery/stam stacked Blood dk would eat any dps class.. casters would have the only reasonable shot, but you can just play the LoS game to keep em in range. and healers wont matter, as stated by OP winner after 10min is whoever does the most dmg.
    Your Add Here!

Quote Originally Posted by Thehavalina View Post
    Rogue... If they feel like it they'll just vanish, run very far away and wait for cool downs before opening up on you every time.
    This is why Shadow Sight exists in arenas :P Otherwise you would literally be there for the entirety of the arena match if two stealth classes were good enough. lol

Deleted
    I'm wondering that there is no 1on1 "Tier List" for a game which is played by 10 million people. Even if only 5% of the players are interested in duels, that's still a lot (500k).

I'm refering to a tier list like it exists for Street Fighter, one like this: TIER LIST

I know that that game is specifically desgined for 1on1, but still... 1on1 also exists in WoW, even if it is not a focus for the developers.

10+ Year Old Account
    With your rules rogues auto win. Open with stun do damage vanish. Win by most damage after ten minutes. Also repeat whenc CDs are off.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsumata View Post
    With your rules rogues auto win. Open with stun do damage vanish. Win by most damage after ten minutes. Also repeat whenc CDs are off.
    mages has a chance to beat rogues, just sayin'
    and hunters

1. sub rogue
    2. hunter
    3. mage

hunter/rogue is... difficult. overall rogues are the best. but vs an amazing hunter... rogues can lose like 60/40.