Thread: Omen

10+ Year Old Account

Omen

I remembered the discussion we had in the Fiora thread. There's been a huge amount of red responses to a thread about Omen, in which FeralPony pretty much sums up exactly why ultimately Omen got cancelled and Riven moved forwards a month. The remainder of the posts are interesting (if at times wonky) to read as well.

http://clgaming.net/redtracker/topic/29516/?p=1

15+ Year Old Account
    If you value your life, be somewhere else
    Basically he said "Contrary to initial expectations he was not a Void champion, had no stealth mechanic, didn't jump, wasn't an assassin, and was not melee."
    Which leaves me wondering WHY. Esp being not a void champ. He is freaking Cho jr. Even got the similar claws and all.
    In Soviet Russia banks rob you! Oh, wait a second...

Looks cool, wish they would figure out a way to implement him.

Deleted
    Better make more big boob female champs, not enough of those, surely, np.

This post struck me as "Yea, totally" after I saw Omen mentioned in the Fiora thread

Going to play devil's advocate here - a stance that I usually don't take on the forums - but why do you think Omen is cool? Let me give some reasons (again, playing Devil's advocate) why Omen is an odd character.

1. He doesn't look like any role in particular.

Is he a fighter? Is he ranged? If he's a fighter, why does he shoot spines? If he's ranged, why is he so spindly?

2. He doesn't look like he has a whole lot of individual personality to him whatsoever.

Why isn't there 10,000 Omens? He kind of just looks like a hydralisk equivalent in the zerg army. That's great for a zerg unit and a monster or a miniboss, but why is this character a unique champion?

3. Does he have more than niche appeal?

He's kind of got this western alien-retro horror spine needle aspect going on - those are all pretty niche.
    I couldn't quite put my finger on it but the model seemed confusing. I honestly thought it was a copy pasta of Unclean Beast. But reading the description that seem to not be the case. Which is a problem given how important visual clarity is in game like League. Seemed a smart decision to cancel the champion, imo.

All I got out of reading that is, that I should cross my thumbs and hope for a pony champ!!! Whooohoo am excited just at the thought! It must have a little girl riding it, sorta like the Annie Tibbers relationship. Then have a Drawn Together reference as a skin. -dreams-

And it's sad that it happens to heroes :/ getting so close and so much effort, and just being more effort than it's worth. -tips hat- Hope it doesn't happen again soon