Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Well Ivy bridge gives a 10% improvement in day-to-day programs and an unknown bonus to games, but given its the same price as the current gen its probably worth it if you plan to upgrade or build from scratch. otherwise id say your wasting your money.

Deleted
    If it's released while I'm in the US I'll probably get one for my next build, replacing the one in my signature.

15+ Year Old Account
    Nah, the i5-2500k will suit my needs until i come across some game where i am unable to play at 60 FPS on a 2560x1440 monitor. Until then i am looking for a new monitor + graphics card first.
    Your greed, your foolishness has brought you to this end.

- Prince Malchezaar

10+ Year Old Account
    I do like having the latest tech but with the current financial situation I'll most likely have to skip a generation or two.

Unless my 2500k + mobo take a dump on me I plan to skip Ivy Bridge.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I was originally thinking about it, but I'm not so sure anymore. For what I do my 2500K is alright at 4.4GHz, however if things become more taxing/I get new games/software that could use more cores or whatever, I may upgrade to a proper mobo (not my P8P67 lol) and get the i7-3770K. I really also want to see the true improvements in its strength compared to SB, anything we see right now before the NDA are mere rumors, could they be true? Yes, however when they are finally released we'll know for sure how IB does for a wider arrange of things from games to folding to rendering.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Deleted
    To be fair, the decision to upgrade (for most of us) at this point mostly depends on the gaming market and when the next gen consoles are going to hit. I don't see a reason to upgrade to Ivy right now, because we will probably see another reiteration by the time games start actually taxing the current processors.

I'll be sticking to sandybridge, and probably even passing the next GPU generation, there isn't that much point unless you're doing video encoding/game on multi monitor setups.

According to the latest news - due to the manufacturing problems Ivy Bridge got delayed to the late April with volume shipments until June.
    Z77' volume shipments should start in April though.
    Last edited by Deng; 2012-02-28 at 08:27 AM.
    Feral4Life since 2005
    cpu: Intel i9-9900K mobo: ASUS Maximus XI Extreme
    cooling: BeQuiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro gpu: ASUS RTX-2080 Ti
    ssd: Samsung 970Pro, 960 Evo, 860 Evo sound: sadly onboard
    case: Silverstone Fortress 2 Limited Edition (WRI) (I love that beauty)
    ram: 32G G.Skill 3200 C14 display: ACER X27 (G-Sync HDR IPS)

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    ill hold off till the generation after, unless my i5 cant handle games at 1920x1080 but i highly doubt that will happen. so probably 2 years from now i say, even if my i5 is still bitchin away i might just say go for it.
    Intel i5-2500k@4.4ghz
    Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3
    Gigabyte N560OC 1gb gpu
    Corsair 2x4gb
    Antec v2 Two Hundred
    Razer Blackwidow Ultimate
    Razer Naga