Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Any danger to society should be removed from it, in a way that attempts to stop the killing urge where possible. Really, predisposition, mental illness, war-vet snapping; I don't care. If my sister can't walk safely to school because of a person, that person should not be on the streets. It really is as simple as that.

And about predisposition: I have several papers on me being predisposed for agressive behaviour, and I was aware of this before the health system. What did I do? I DEALT WITH IT. When I'm angry, I write something, chop off a few heads on Morrowind, go fishing, or anything else that comes to mind that can help me get rid of the anger surge. Any predisposed person who does not cope with it should be removed.

By the way, I should perhaps clarify one thing: I use the word remove a lot, but I mean in the "not longer out in society"-way, not the "kill with legal fire"-way. =P
    If you add me on Steam, Skype or whatever program/client I share my info for, please write something to identify you in the "Dude/gal wants to join your club"-message. Just so I know that an actual human is on the other end :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post
    All it means is that you lock them in a padded room instead of a cell.
    They're not insane by the legal definition -- they do understand right from wrong. What is dysfunctional they don't have a conscience. They kill for their own self-interests without regard to the life they stole. Anyone are but a notch in their belt to be used as the SK wishes.

Because they can be so high functioning (Ted Bundy was a law student; Randy Kraft was a computer programmer back in the bad old days) they resemble "normal" people. They can hide right in society in plain sight and no one would've thought them strange.

This makes them incredibly dangerous to let out. They can think cleverly; avoid detection for years (Jeff Ridgeway was killing in the early 80s, he was not apprehended for over 20 years). Unlike the person who's truly schizophrenic, which anyone can spot 40 yards away, and would be quick to suspect.

Serial Killers are indeed sick, but not legally exempt to be considered mentally ill. Some are borderline cases like Albert Fish, but the high profile SKs function pretty normally. Randy Kraft spends his days after murdering over 40 people (police suspect over 60, with multiple killings of some) filing legal lawsuits, especially of capital punishment. That's not your typical schizophrenic who's voices are telling him to kill and he's nuts over those screams to kill.
    Last edited by Kevyne-Shandris; 2012-02-26 at 12:10 PM.
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

Deleted
    Thomas Szasz theorised that the concept of mental illness is just a forced speculation, society cannot accept that some people don't ratiocinate with its constructive and civilized principles, so simply label them as sick when they're just more aggressive or dangerous than other individuals, as it happens in every animal species.

Quote Originally Posted by Jasyn View Post
    It's not "Simple as that." Having a pre-disposition for aggressive acts, or an inability to understand/feel guilt or morality does NOT mean you can't know and understand the law.

Unless a person has a pre-disposition for violence AND is physically/mentally incapable of understanding law, there is no excuse for violent behavior, and they should be held to the same standard of punishment as anyone else.
    Ehm... Seems like you didn't read my original post...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Holy Diver 1980 View Post
    Thomas Szasz theorised that the concept of mental illness is just a forced speculation, society cannot accept that some people don't ratiocinate with its constructive and civilized principles, so simply label them as sick when they're just more aggressive or dangerous than other individuals, as it happens in every animal species.
    Serious conflict of interest, serious.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_Szasz

In 1969, Szasz and the Church of Scientology co-founded the Citizens Commission on Human Rights (CCHR) with the aim of helping to "clean up"[citation needed] the field of human rights abuses.
    He apparently was around when this happened...

http://www.lisamcpherson.org/

Where she was constrained so badly in such filthy conditions, the medical examiner discovered roaches eating on her body while she was still alive.
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."