Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account

Question Why isn't there a Like button on posts, similar to FB?

I find there are often alot of interesting threads, on here, often with great responses (or one's that are great to disagree with) but they always get cluttered up with what amount to I agree or I disagree, with nothing being contributed to the thread, and additionally making it that much harder to sift through (time consuming anyway) to get to the meat of the thread.

So, my question is, is it feasible to implement the equivalent of a simple like button? This would have two benefits in my opinion, one is to give the option to sort the threads by popularity of post, not just chronologically, and additionally might cut down on some of those useless posts, that offer nothing other than the ability of the poster to voice they're opinion that they agree/disagree etc.

Thoughts?
    Www.facebook.com/magelordx
    Feel free to add me if you wish

Deleted
    Because people would start to "like" the post they agree with, not the good posts.

ex: Peter plays paladin and suck at pvp and most of all, he hates mages. He just can't kill them. He find this thread that discuss that mages are overpowered compared to mages. Peter would now start to "like" all the posts that agree with the OP, while the good and well-explained posts with sources to back up their arguments, won't get one.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Robinhoodexe View Post
    Because people would start to "like" the post they agree with, not the good posts.

ex: Peter plays paladin and suck at pvp and most of all, he hates mages. He just can't kill them. He find this thread that discuss that mages are overpowered compared to mages. Peter would now start to "like" all the posts that agree with the OP, while the good and well-explained posts with sources to back up their arguments, won't get one.
    Undoubtedly, but I don't think that would overly change the dynamic from what it is now, since people already do that sort of thing, it merely provides an additional option for readability.
    Www.facebook.com/magelordx
    Feel free to add me if you wish

Deleted
    No, I'd rather not have it. The facebook useage of the "like" feature can be used when you share an anecdote or story with friends and they can respond whether they found it entertaining or enjoyable to hear about. It can also be used in mass rally threads and those irritating "let's get everybody in facebook in one group!" agendas. I'd rather just have people spouting their opinions then have some majority deciding what represents what the "community at large" thinks.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't want MMO-champ to turn into facebook where people are going to quote things off and get 10-20 likes, where a constructive, long self written post is only going to get 1 like.

I wouldn't want it
    and it there was one, I probably wouldn't use it
    Dear developers,

please nerf Rock, it's too overpowered. Paper is fine, however.
    Signed, Scissors.