Page 74 of 85 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Probably gonna drop the instant trait and pick up 20% cd reduction for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trungalung View Post
    Probably gonna drop the instant trait and pick up 20% cd reduction for me.
    You and probably everyone else.

I'm also going to assume that the trait will change, but I can't think of a good way to make a trait for meditations.
    Resurrected Holy Priest

Deleted
    I'll miss having Smite Condition as an instant though. Will take sometime to get used to it (can't do a ZD into smite condition burst )

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I don't think it's justifiable to pick up the trait just so you can have an instant Smite Conditions. I used Smite Conditions without it, and it works. You just need to develop a feel for the timing.
    Resurrected Holy Priest

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ynna View Post
    You and probably everyone else.

I'm also going to assume that the trait will change, but I can't think of a good way to make a trait for meditations.
    Probably could add some extra effect onto meditations. Cause Blind or gain a boon or something.

It's worth noting that there is also Merciful Intervention, but... meh.
    Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2012-08-21 at 03:51 PM.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Deleted
    http://gw2skills.net/editor/en/?fUMQ...uak1sCZQx+jpIA

used this build for a while.. though since BWE3 the healing from meditation skills -trait- have been dropping... I can still recommend it though - Bow of Truth instead of Hammer of Wisdom works as well, since it also removes conditions O.O and heals too - though when running with spirit weapons up they feel... odd.

I must say the condition removal is highly recommended. As well as the HoW for control.

[You can switch sigils and runes etc.. though this is what I prefer.. you can switch the weapons as well... do what you like '-']

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    It's worth noting that there is also Merciful Intervention, but... meh.
    I haven't been able to come up with a single build that would want Merciful Intervention, not even my most support-based build, based entirely on healing, protecting and reviving people.
    Maybe there's some weird rogue use for it.
    Resurrected Holy Priest

"Save Yourselves!" Breaks Stun.
    "Stand Your Ground!" Breaks Stun.

This is awesome..really awesome!

Also Searing Flames has been changed to remove a boon when you apply burning to someone. Nice one.
    Last edited by Scyth; 2012-08-21 at 10:22 PM.

Deleted
    Gotta love underwater combat. They need to make my spear usable on land. I usually just defend ruins since a lot of people don't have much experience in underwater.

PS: Sharks are OP

The raid on the capricorn BG was pretty fun. Funny watching people get eaten alive by sharks, I basically ruled the ruins. Don't think most people realized you could take the cannonballs to the cannon and reach the whole map with your shots, cannon did about 6k or so damage also on my guardian.

Quote Originally Posted by zardon3001 View Post
    The raid on the capricorn BG was pretty fun. Funny watching people get eaten alive by sharks, I basically ruled the ruins. Don't think most people realized you could take the cannonballs to the cannon and reach the whole map with your shots, cannon did about 6k or so damage also on my guardian.
    That map is amazing. I love the underwater combat in this game especially as a Guardian. Love that they added an underwater PvP map

Deleted
    I got a few clips to show guardian underwater PvP combat:

Match #1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crl_B...ature=youtu.be
    Match #2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gkJul...ature=youtu.be
    Bonus random clips: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a75Kj...ature=youtu.be

This is all underwater fights. I split it in three parts for easy editing (and rendering since the video was too big and it lagged me out in wmm).

Despite its "slow" movement rate, I'm actually not seeing a connect between side-stepping Scepter and actually avoiding damage. Even if it misses, unless it misses by hitting a Line-of-Sight wall, it seems to actually do its damage, and has a fair bit of tracking to it.

As someone who only played a Guardian for about 3 minutes before, is this new?
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

What range were you using it at? At closer ranges, it's much harder to avoid. But once you get past 600 or so, it used to not hit a lot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay, so now that we're actually playing (or at least some of us are), I thought it would be time to bump this thread up.

I've got a question for you all: What weapons are you using to level?
    I'm currently using Greatsword, to beat stuff up, and the Staff, so I can have access to Swiftness. I don't really like the Staff all that much for soloing, but I found playing without the Swiftness extremely annoying. It's also useful because I don't have to switch out anytime an event happens.
    Resurrected Holy Priest

Deleted
    I use scepter/torch with on switch greatsword. Scepter/torch gives a load of damage (smite hits so damn hard) both single target and aoe. It also allows me to kite against veterans and champions. It seems that immobilization works on any mob so with Chains of Light and Signet of Wrath can allow you to kill any melee champion (so far in my experience, will take a load of time though). Greatsword on switch gives extra aoe damage and mobility. I also stores an staff in the bag in case I need to run around.

So I have a question regarding the burning debuff. Does a new application of burning over ride the previous one that was rolling. Or does it calculate the old damage and factor that into the new burning?

Just was thinking of picking up the spirit weapon burning trait. And got to thinking if it would lead to less damage if the burns overrode one another.

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay, so now that we're actually playing (or at least some of us are), I thought it would be time to bump this thread up.

I've got a question for you all: What weapons are you using to level?
    I'm currently using Greatsword, to beat stuff up, and the Staff, so I can have access to Swiftness. I don't really like the Staff all that much for soloing, but I found playing without the Swiftness extremely annoying. It's also useful because I don't have to switch out anytime an event happens.
    I've been using Retreat! for Swiftness, but I guess that's a fairly long CD.

Been keeping my Greatsword mostly. The off-hand, I've been moving around a lot. Sometimes Hammer, sometimes Mace/Shield, sometimes Sword/Torch.

Sword/Torch felt a little redundant, so I stopped using that one.
    Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2012-08-26 at 06:33 PM.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lagmonster View Post
    So I have a question regarding the burning debuff. Does a new application of burning over ride the previous one that was rolling. Or does it calculate the old damage and factor that into the new burning?

Just was thinking of picking up the spirit weapon burning trait. And got to thinking if it would lead to less damage if the burns overrode one another.
    I think it works like this (so don't take this as fact): A stronger burn overwrites a weaker one, and refreshes the duration. A weaker burn just refreshes the duration. I don't have time to check the wiki, but I'll do so later tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    I've been using Retreat! for Swiftness, but I guess that's a fairly long CD.

Been keeping my Greatsword mostly. The off-hand, I've been moving around a lot. Sometimes Hammer, sometimes Mace/Shield, sometimes Sword/Torch.

Sword/Torch felt a little redundant, so I stopped using that one.
    Retreat was the first utility I got But yeah, the cooldown prevents it from being a big help.

I've switched to a Hammer recently, because it's a good middle-ground between damage and utility, so I don't have to swap weapons each time I encounter an event.
    Resurrected Holy Priest

I think it works like this (so don't take this as fact): A stronger burn overwrites a weaker one, and refreshes the duration. A weaker burn just refreshes the duration. I don't have time to check the wiki, but I'll do so later tonight.

Retreat was the first utility I got But yeah, the cooldown prevents it from being a big help.

I've switched to a Hammer recently, because it's a good middle-ground between damage and utility, so I don't have to swap weapons each time I encounter an event.
    During events with a champion mob, I'm seeing the burn having a huge amount of time on it. Like its not even moving at all, so I'm not sure. Maybe its just being refreshed extremely fast because there was so many people attacking it.

Also doing my personal story.....I'm stuck using this stupid plant sword for the entire thing. And its so disgustingly underpowered its not even funny. Plus I lose all my virtues, so I have like no defense at all. Feels like I'm literally made of paper