Thread: What to pick?

Deleted

What to pick?

Hi All,

I was thinking of re-subbing as I haven't played since autumn of 2011. I wanted to get back into pvp and I can't decide what class to pick. I thought of maybe levelling something new and something that I've never played at max level/end game, like shaman or warlock. I also had thought of getting my 80 mage or 80 hunter up. What do you advise? I honestly can't choose!

Deleted
    Hunter will take a lot more time and effort to get good at compared to mage. If you're thinking of a new class, rogues are a lot of fun as well as being OP, while shamans are incredibly strong healers, and fun as elemental in BG's.

Deleted
    Elemental Shaman are the S**t in bgs fun wise. I love playing mine!

Affliction Warlock is both the most fun and most frustrating Class I've ever played in any game, ever. It's pretty insane what you can do, but it's pretty frustrating how hard some classes go on you. Rogues and Death Knights will ignore Healers to shut you down.

Edit: And by "shut you down", I mean it in every sense of the word. You will feel like Blizzard intentionally gave these two classes an idiot-proof tool to faceroll you.
    Last edited by Prag; 2012-02-27 at 02:10 PM.

Deleted
    Thanks for your advice! I actually do have a 85 rogue which was the class I was playing before I stopped, and after a lot of thought I decided to just pick him up from where I left him

Cheers!

1) Level a Sub rogue to 85 via BGs.
    2) Delete it.
    3) Go to 1.

You're welcome.

edit: my friend says rogues are like pringles. he's right.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Prag View Post
    Affliction Warlock is both the most fun and most frustrating Class I've ever played in any game, ever. It's pretty insane what you can do, but it's pretty frustrating how hard some classes go on you. Rogues and Death Knights will ignore Healers to shut you down.

Edit: And by "shut you down", I mean it in every sense of the word. You will feel like Blizzard intentionally gave these two classes an idiot-proof tool to faceroll you.
    Good thing PvP isn't balanced around 1v1. : )

OP, what kind of PvP will you be playing, and do you care if the class is melee/ranged?

Mage is a safe bet, it's a borderline OP class, only 5 lvls left to lvl cap, you probably have some past expirience at playing class.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would say mage just because my server is in a severe drought of good mages.

Deleted
    Thanks all! I've been messing around with my mage and my rogue, tough choice! I'm more inclined towards my mage at the moment. I haven't played a ranged class in a long time and maybe this would be a good opportunity.

I had a lot of fun PvPing on my Death Knight as unholy. I got pretty good at it too. Although I am taking a break and returning to my Warrior main. Even though Warriors are slightly gimped currently, I'm still having a blast and having fun with my Hunter friend in BGs and some lackluster arenas.

My preference is obviously melee, but I do have a Mage I mess around on as well. I suggest trying Fire if you want to "spice" BGs up a bit. :P It's actually really fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pringles View Post
    Hi All,

I was thinking of re-subbing as I haven't played since autumn of 2011. I wanted to get back into pvp and I can't decide what class to pick. I thought of maybe levelling something new and something that I've never played at max level/end game, like shaman or warlock. I also had thought of getting my 80 mage or 80 hunter up. What do you advise? I honestly can't choose!

dont come back to wow and everything will be fine.pvp is the worst its ever been in this game and blizz does not care.MOP lmfao.really just dont play,wait for GW2 or something.