Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Allanon the Mystic View Post
    The mailing system is entirely instant, no delay besides server delay.
    Thank you for the prompt reply!

I really like this. No more WTB / WTS spam in the chat and its a lot easier to play the market. This may actually move the annoying WTB spam to the auction house where it belongs.

Quote Originally Posted by Vlad Morbius View Post
    And it will be delivered by pigeon!

Quote Originally Posted by Vlad Morbius View Post
    No delay in my replies either <.< >.> *shifty eyes*

Quote Originally Posted by Lillpapps View Post
    I really like this. No more WTB / WTS spam in the chat and its a lot easier to play the market. This way actually change the place for the annoying WTB spam to the auction house where it belongs.
    MmmhhhhMmmmm. Trade district will be a ... trade district?

Quote Originally Posted by Searsha View Post
    I really don't like that they are not including the ability to trade. Firstly, it limits you for trading one item for another item safely with strangers. Secondly, when handing out a mass number of items (for an in-game event, party etc) trading is much more efficient (and makes more sense from an immersion perspective).
    Well, this thread seems to assume that there isn't one. Though I haven't seen or heard anything stating there is no trade. Yes, yogscast was unable to find said function. However, given their lack of experience (the game was completely new for them) and the way it was done in GW1, I can easily see them just not finding it.

Where exactly is the source that you can't trade stuff? Given that they could basically reuse GW1 code and have a great system; I really do think it is in game.
    "Some flies are too awesome for the wall." - Community

Quote Originally Posted by Dosvidaniya View Post
    Well, this thread seems to assume that there isn't one. Though I haven't seen or heard anything stating there is no trade. Yes, yogscast was unable to find said function. However, given their lack of experience (the game was completely new for them) and the way it was done in GW1, I can easily see them just not finding it.

Where exactly is the source that you can't trade stuff? Given that they could basically reuse GW1 code and have a great system; I really do think it is in game.
    If I get into the beta I will /trade someone and see what happens ~

Quote Originally Posted by Allanon the Mystic View Post
    If I get into the beta I will /trade someone and see what happens ~
    Now we call it sharing!

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstorm View Post
    Now we call it sharing!
    *snip*
    o.e *eyetwitch*

For those unaware:

The Marketplace is one singular, global economy. Each market isn't on a per server basis, but all servers are linked into one economy. There's data metrics to track market trends to see what's selling and what's in demand. You can post items like you would in other games, but also you can post buy orders where say you're looking to buy 5 tomatoes for 5 silver, you post a buy order saying I want to buy 5 tomatoes for 5 silver, post it, and anyone who sees it and agrees with the price can fill that buy order, you get your tomatoes and they get their money. You don't have to be at the market in order for this to happen so you can have the game do your auction house stuff for you while you're out doing whatever. Also, this allows you to get money right away because if you see someone is looking to buy 20 silver ore for 50 silver you can just sell your 20 ore to them right away rather than waiting for someone to buy it.

As for trading, the mail system is instant and can be used from anywhere just like email, this makes it so trading between players is quick and painless. You'd really only want to use this method with people you trust, for everyone else you have a global economy to work with so you have a MUCH higher chance to sell your stuff than just trying to WTS spam on your own server. This also gets rid of WTS/WTB trade spam.

- Instant trade between people you trust from anywhere in the game
    - Global marketplace gives you more people to trade with than you can shake a stick at
    - Data metrics allow you to track what's selling and what's in demand with a single glance
    - Buy orders allow you to make purchases without even being at the market as well as sell things immediately without needing to wait for hours/days to make money off items

This is an absolute win/win for all.

http://i.imgur.com/9BWLs.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/kVdjc.jpg

If you're going to post large images, please thumbnail them. -Edge
    Last edited by Edge-; 2012-02-27 at 11:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by omlech View Post
    For those unaware:

The Marketplace is one singular, global economy. Each market isn't on a per server basis, but all servers are linked into one economy. There's data metrics to track market trends to see what's selling and what's in demand. You can post items like you would in other games, but also you can post buy orders where say you're looking to buy 5 tomatoes for 5 silver, you post a buy order saying I want to buy 5 tomatoes for 5 silver, post it, and anyone who sees it and agrees with the price can fill that buy order, you get your tomatoes and they get their money. You don't have to be at the market in order for this to happen so you can have the game do your auction house stuff for you while you're out doing whatever. Also, this allows you to get money right away because if you see someone is looking to buy 20 silver ore for 50 silver you can just sell your 20 ore to them right away rather than waiting for someone to buy it.

As for trading, the mail system is instant and can be used from anywhere just like email, this makes it so trading between players is quick and painless. You'd really only want to use this method with people you trust, for everyone else you have a global economy to work with so you have a MUCH higher chance to sell your stuff than just trying to WTS spam on your own server. This also gets rid of WTS/WTB trade spam.

- Instant trade between people you trust from anywhere in the game
    - Global marketplace gives you more people to trade with than you can shake a stick at
    - Data metrics allow you to track what's selling and what's in demand with a single glance
    - Buy orders allow you to make purchases without even being at the market as well as sell things immediately without needing to wait for hours/days to make money off items

This is an absolute win/win for all.
    Quoted for truth and an amazing post.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Delias View Post
    Nothing against the AH, I have no problems with it..
    but how does giving some random person you know nothing about your items to sell to millions of people from a location that magically makes to so that other worlds can buy the items to instantly make more sense than buying something directly from a player immersion-wise?
    Auction houses don't make much sense immersion wise. :P
    "Selling bacon, get your bacon here!" makes more sense immersion wise than *open window, instabacon."
    HAHAHAHHAHAHA
    insta-bacon FTW
    Warrior, getting my face smashed in because I love it

"The Perfect Raid Design Drawn by me .

People arguing that having an AH system is better than regular trade window...does AH not get a cut from the sale? Also, do you instantly get your money upon auction sold?

Edit: does mail system have CoD? If so, I agree that trade window isn't needed seeing how mailing is instant.

Quote Originally Posted by aarjun View Post
    People arguing that having an AH system is better than regular trade window...does AH not get a cut from the sale? Also, do you instantly get your money upon auction sold?

Edit: does mail system have CoD? If so, I agree that trade window isn't needed seeing how mailing is instant.
    I'm not sure if it gets a sale cut, probably not though. Yes you instantly get the money/items. Mail does have CoD.