Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Resistances are probably at least a little important, one with everything is awesome because you can just stack one resistance to hell and be immune to everything. As a barbarian player, I'm a little jealous, but at least I can swap out my passives and shouts to get high resistances as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Resistances are probably at least a little important, one with everything is awesome because you can just stack one resistance to hell and be immune to everything. As a barbarian player, I'm a little jealous, but at least I can swap out my passives and shouts to get high resistances as well.
    I still feel as if Resolve is almost a 'must' for a tanky monk... perhaps swap out Guardian's Path? Resolve is basically constant 'everything does 25% less damage' after all, and with runed Crippling Wave, it's even more.

Yeah I agree that resolve seems very good =p
    There are too many choices, this is kind of the thing I imagine they wanted to do with talents in WoW.

Deleted
    I clearly remember in D2 to receive tons of magic damage in Hell, and sometimes it was a huge pain because "oh look electricity affixx!" two hits and I get oneshotted even with high resistances, the point is as Lysa said that this way in a sense I have less stats to worrry about since I can get one resistance and the skill will make the rest.

Resolve lessen the damage but this is a high dodge/control (with blind) build so it is relatively unimportant also the role of Resolve is made by the runed Crippling wave.

oh well on paper is all interesting we will need to see how it plays out.

Won't know for sure until the game is out =p

I had a Barb build but reset it cause I was having fun making builds. I was aiming for a maximum aoe,health regen with a 100% chance AoE knockback with a treasure drop increase. Farm spec!

Deleted
    bringing this up again, with the release nearby

10+ Year Old Account
    My preliminary Witch Doctor build, but I'm going in without being set on anything and experiment with (and change things accordingly) all new skills and runes as they unlock.

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/calculato...ZTi!ceZ!aaaaYY

Might Switch Mongrels for Soul Harvest.

Quote Originally Posted by Cairhiin View Post
    My preliminary Witch Doctor build, but I'm going in without being set on anything and experiment (and change things accordingly) with all new skills and runes as they unlock.

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/calculato...ZTi!ceZ!aaaaYY

Might Switch Mongrels for Soul Harvest.
    Reminds me of my old D2 LoD Druid honestly. I really like the focus on minions and Dots for max movement. I like to see builds that are not glass cannons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuger View Post
    Reminds me of my old D2 LoD Druid honestly. I really like the focus on minions and Dots for max movement. I like to see builds that are not glass cannons.
    Yep the idea is to make the Witch Doctor sturdy while also capable of dealing excellent damage. Whether this build succeeds at that I'm not sure but I have high hopes for it. Splintered Poison Darts was pretty amazing just by itself in beta.

Yep the idea is to make the Witch Doctor sturdy while also capable of dealing excellent damage. Whether this build succeeds at that I'm not sure but I have high hopes for it. Splintered Poison Darts was pretty amazing just by itself in beta.
    It is very powerful. Combine that with the other dots and pets and you can effectively LoS things for a few good seconds.

Deleted
    I do not like much Fetish Sycophants (not a fan of too random stuff like 3%) I would have taken zombie handler to fortify further existing pets

3% is low. It makes up for it by lasting a minute though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brazorf View Post
    I do not like much Fetish Sycophants (not a fan of too random stuff like 3%) I would have taken zombie handler to fortify further existing pets
    Zombie Handler is definitely the way to go if I stick with Mongrels, but if I switch to Soul Harvest then I think the Sycophants are better. I'm not entirely certain yet which way to go, but if I'll go with the mongrel then i'll definitely go with Zombie Handler instead.

3% is low but they last 60 seconds, and with Locust Swarm, Darts, and Acid Cloud, they will proc often as I can spam spells indefinitely because Darts cost near enough nothing.

Darts cost near enough nothing.
    All they cost is the ability to quickly top off mana from what I have seen. They don't make it drop.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuger View Post
    All they cost is the ability to quickly top off mana from what I have seen. They don't make it drop.
    Aye you can spam them indefinitely. In beta I had a Soul Harvest, Bats, Grasp of the Dead, Darts build, and I'd blow all my mana on Bats, then switch to Darts to regen mana, and back to Bats again etc. Darts is pretty much a good go to spell when you are out of mana. And with Sycophants it also has that 3% chance to proc a crazy little suicidal maniac. But yeah not entirely sure yet which way I go, soul harvest or mongrels.

Aye you can spam them indefinitely. In beta I had a Soul Harvest, Bats, Grasp of the Dead, Darts build, and I'd blow all my mana on Bats, then switch to Darts to regen mana, and back to Bats again etc. Darts is pretty much a good go to spell when you are out of mana. And with Sycophants it also has that 3% chance to proc a crazy little suicidal maniac. But yeah not entirely sure yet which way I go, soul harvest or mongrels.
    I think that for boss fights sycophants are the best but for your average baddie pack I would think Zombie Handler is better because AoE packs will eat all of them very quickly.

Deleted
    http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/calculato...VkP!XdU!Zbcabc

This is a level 60 barbarian build, something I'm planning on trying on inferno.

- Frenzy as main attack, fury generator. Every kill made with Frenzy heals 8% max Life over 6 seconds (Triumph).
    - Whirlwind as secondary attack, fury spender, main AoE. Every crit made with WW heals 1% max Life (Blood Funnel).
    - Furious Charge as gap closer and mobility, fury generator with a cooldown. Every target hit with FC heals 8% max Life (Dreadnought).
    - Revenge as a situational attack, fury spender, secondary AoE. Every hit made with Revenge heals 8% max Life (Vengeance is Mine).
    - War Cry as buff. Heals for 310 Life every second (Invigorate).
    - Wrath of the Berserker as a situational buff. Lasts for 15 seconds, every 25 fury generated during that time adds 1 second to the duration (Thrive on Chaos). Nice with Frenzy.

* Inspiring Presence. Heals for 1% max Life every second while War Cry is on.
    * Bloodthirst. 3% lifesteal.
    * Relentless. While under 20% health, you take only 50% damage and skills are free. Works as a bit of an "oops" skill.

I know there are some choices that might be better. For example, my original plan was to leave WW out and go with Ignore Pain as another "oops" ability. However, I do think this setup has a good combination of everything. War Cry gives you a bit more survivability. Relentless helps you a lot in really tough situations. Frenzy is ah-may-zing for bosses and Whirlwind+Revenge gives you that much needed AoE. Furious Charge gives you a bit of mobility, and Wrath of the Berserker buffs you quite nicely for those tougher situations.

On top of all that, pretty much everything heals you. That's the main thing.

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/follower#0101

Templar follower.

- Heal. Heals for 4651 Life.
    - Loyalty. Heals for 155 Life every second.
    - Charge. AoE stun with a cooldown.

- Inspire. +8% fury generation. Could be nice to keep up WotB.
    OR
    - Guardian. Knocks back enemies from around you and heals for 4651 Life.
    Last edited by mmoc3ff0cc8be0; 2012-05-03 at 09:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/calculato...VkP!XdU!Zbcabc

This is a level 60 barbarian build, something I'm planning on trying on inferno.

- Frenzy as main attack, fury generator. Every kill made with Frenzy heals 8% max Life over 6 seconds (Triumph).
    - Whirlwind as secondary attack, fury spender, main AoE. Every crit made with WW heals 1% max Life (Blood Funnel).
    - Furious Charge as gap closer and mobility, fury generator with a cooldown. Every target hit with FC heals 8% max Life (Dreadnought).
    - Revenge as a situational attack, fury spender, secondary AoE. Every hit made with Revenge heals 8% max Life (Vengeance is Mine).
    - War Cry as buff. Heals for 310 Life every second (Invigorate).
    - Wrath of the Berserker as a situational buff. Lasts for 15 seconds, every 25 fury generated during that time adds 1 second to the duration (Thrive on Chaos). Nice with Frenzy.

* Inspiring Presence. Heals for 1% max Life every second while War Cry is on.
    * Bloodthirst. 3% lifesteal.
    * Relentless. While under 20% health, you take only 50% damage and skills are free. Works as a bit of an "oops" skill.

I know there are some choices that might be better. For example, my original plan was to leave WW out and go with Ignore Pain as another "oops" ability. However, I do think this setup has a good combination of everything. War Cry gives you a bit more survivability. Relentless helps you a lot in really tough situations. Frenzy is ah-may-zing for bosses and Whirlwind+Revenge gives you that much needed AoE. Furious Charge gives you a bit of mobility, and Wrath of the Berserker buffs you quite nicely for those tougher situations.

On top of all that, pretty much everything heals you. That's the main thing.
    I like it however, I can never really get into stat increase abilities. I can only have 6 so I want each of them to do something. Seems like a life steal focus build and I can see it having problems in Inferno against knockback mob packs.

15+ Year Old Account
    my witch doctor voodoo army build:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculato...dkP!ade!cbcYcc

ALL OF THE PETS! =D