• Sorrow's Furnace

24 24.49%
  • Crystal Desert

36 36.73%
  • DarkHaven

19 19.39%
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Glytch View Post
    wait civ5 has dlc? i thought it was just the spy expansion that was coming out
    yup! Mainly just packs with new leaders and countries. I don't even have them all cause I'm cheap and broke atm.

10+ Year Old Account
    @fellow anime watchers.... among the guild...

http://www.adultswim.com/shows/toonami/index.html

#ToonamisBackBitches

And... this got my girlfriend super-excited...

It's got Deadman Wonderland
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Saw that and got super excited.

Though I don't like Deadman Wonderland, not my style.
    "Haters give me balance, every Kyle's got a Cartman." -George Watsky

The preview they have on their website looks pretty cool. Alas, being Canadian I will either have to wait several years for it to come here or torrent, torrent, torrent.

No Adult Swim in Canada?

/Backrub

Pretty lame there's only 2 new shows though...I was hoping for a full new line up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    Pretty lame there's only 2 new shows though...I was hoping for a full new line up.
    Agreed, it's a little annoying that they're going to basically continue showing the same anime Adult Swim has already been showing for so long, but I hear there's ownership issues.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Yea

At least it's something. Maybe they will show more stuff after they run through all the episodes of the current lineup instead of just starting them over.

As much as a love FLCL I've seen it so many gdamn times.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PonyCannon View Post
    As much as a love FLCL I've seen it so many gdamn times.
    I feel the same way about FMA and Cowboy Bebop.

And for me, Bleach went the way of Naruto - too mainstream, too overdone.

It would be super sexy if the showed subbed versions of shows from the current anime seasons.

Never gonna happen but it would of been awesome.

10+ Year Old Account
    Random observation from the Deadman Wonderland clip - the main character's voice is ridiculously girly/high-pitched.

It's hard for me to enjoy dubs. :<

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    Random observation from the Deadman Wonderland clip - the main character's voice is ridiculously girly/high-pitched.

I once watched an anime. The main character swung a giant sword and the rest of the show was just teen angst. Nevermind that was final fantasy 7.

It's got Deadman Wonderland
    Tell her that her favorite Charr said to stop getting excited over terrible dubs!

I was about to be like "I've always thought of Ganta as having a pretty high pitched voice anyways." ... then I watched the clip. Now I hate everything. WHY DOES HE SOUND 5. Then again, the Japanese version doesn't agree with me either. I dislike the voice they chose to use for Mockingbird, though I like the voice actor herself.

Quote Originally Posted by Delias View Post
    Tell her that her favorite Charr said to stop getting excited over terrible dubs!

I was about to be like "I've always thought of Ganta as having a pretty high pitched voice anyways." ... then I watched the clip. Now I hate everything. WHY DOES HE SOUND 5. Then again, the Japanese version doesn't agree with me either. I dislike the voice they chose to use for Mockingbird, though I like the voice actor herself.
    The beast awakens!

Quote Originally Posted by PonyCannon View Post
    No Adult Swim in Canada?

/Backrub
    Yeah, no CN at all. Canadian TV is bad. Corner Gas is the bees knees though.

10+ Year Old Account
    @fellow anime watchers.... among the guild...

http://www.adultswim.com/shows/toonami/index.html

#ToonamisBackBitches
    never even heard about that before.
    but i prefer to watch in less.. official ways anyway. i want to watch the anime i like at the time i like for as long as i like^^
    besides, i don't think most 'mainstream' (excuse the simplification) anime don't match my preferences anyway.

they are dubbed, even!? D:
    *shivers in disgust*

10+ Year Old Account
    I dislike the animes that are all about giant swords the size of surfboards and mastering your spirit power and killing demons and stupid battles that take 5 episodes and are 10% action 90% cheesy and generic angry banter. Yes I used little punctuation. Deal with it.

---------- Post added 2012-05-27 at 05:32 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Sy View Post
    never even heard about that before.
    but i prefer to watch in less.. official ways anyway. i want to watch the anime i like at the time i like for as long as i like^^
    besides, i don't think most 'mainstream' (excuse the simplification) anime don't match my preferences anyway.

they are dubbed, even!? D:
    *shivers in disgust*
    Do you not live in America? I think it is the only country that showed toonami.
    Last edited by Loaf Lord; 2012-05-27 at 05:32 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Roggles View Post
    I dislike the animes that are all about giant swords the size of surfboards and mastering your spirit power and killing demons and stupid battles that take 5 episodes and are 10% action 90% cheesy and generic angry banter. Yes I used little punctuation. Deal with it.
    there are far less of those (or rather far more of others) than you'd think before you take some looks at it yourself on the interwebz
    Do you not live in America? I think it is the only country that showed toonami.
    ah, nope.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think my favorite anime so far is cowboy bebop. It doesn't even have a bad english dub imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Roggles View Post
    I dislike the animes that are all about giant swords the size of surfboards and mastering your spirit power and killing demons and stupid battles that take 5 episodes and are 10% action 90% cheesy and generic angry banter.
    You should check out Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood. No huge swords or demons or impossibly spiky hair. There is a bit of cheese, but the characters and story are actually interesting and you will care about them much more than will wish to admit. It's also kinda steam-punk and the art style and animation is top notch.