• Sorrow's Furnace

24 24.49%
  • Crystal Desert

36 36.73%
  • DarkHaven

19 19.39%
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallanna View Post
    Death should always come with sunglasses haha.
    I wasted my gems on them as soon as I saw them. They look so hilarious on charr too!
    You mean, badass!

I think sunglasses should totally work as/with armor. Especially if there's an Asuran set, so my GW1's descendant can look as stylish as him

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DiamondDust View Post
    You mean, badass!
    No, I totally mean hilarious. I'm a Charr, I get to say it. I absolutely love it.

Quote Originally Posted by rhandric View Post
    I think sunglasses should totally work as/with armor. Especially if there's an Asuran set, so my GW1's descendant can look as stylish as him
    That armour looks so cool, even without sunglasses though!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    It's not a belief when you can prove it with empirical data.

The problem with switching from one input style to another is that it does take time. It's like when I bought the Razer Naga - I wasn't used to the thumb buttons. For a few weeks, my relative skill to other players around me dropped, and I felt like I couldn't perform at my best. If I took that as proof that the Razer Naga was bad - sure, no biggie. Worst case scenario, I was out $80, and had a mouse that I only half used.

But I kept at it, week after week, until I got used to it. When simply switching from clicking to keybinding, I don't have to spend money - merely effort. I get that different people are different... but this is one of those things where, once you get used to it, you wonder how the hell you ever dealt with clicking. It's that noticeable of a difference.

Controls are much more fluid, and no longer are you interacting with a computer program. It becomes much easier to reach those "zen" moments where you're acting much faster than you can actually think. It may be easier to just stick with what's familiar and never change, but humanity's greatest strength is the ability to change and adapt and improve. Don't discard such a gift!
    The first line in your original spiel was that you believe etc. That is what I was talking about. You scrubnub. :P

Anywhoozle. I have two side buttons on my logitech gaming mouse. I use them for interrupts and things that require quick action. That's about the extent of my keybinding. And I do just fine. :P

Deleted
    No, I totally mean hilarious. I'm a Charr, I get to say it. I absolutely love it.

Have to check out the glasses in the test, wich is in under 48! see i turned it around to something possitive

Deleted
    Yaaaaay the test is under 48 hours! YAAAAY!
    Yay for positives!
    I need to test it still, but are costumes (such as sunglasses) account bound once bought?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanni View Post
    And I do just fine. :P
    I never suggested you can't do fine. In fact, the very last line of my post specifically admits that you can "do fine" without keybinds.

You can simply "do better" with them.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Deleted
    Some people can do it better without keybinds then with them, we are diffrent, we play in diffrent ways, deal

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    I never suggested you can't do fine. In fact, the very last line of my post specifically admits that you can "do fine" without keybinds.

You can simply "do better" with them.

Some people can do it better without keybinds then with them, we are diffrent, we play in diffrent ways, deal
    ^THIS

MOTHER
    FUCKING
    THIS!

Sorry for the caps. My patience tends to be in proportion to how sleep deprived I am.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanni View Post

^THIS

MOTHER
    FUCKING
    THIS!

Sorry for the caps. My patience tends to be in proportion to how sleep deprived I am.
    i played wow for years with a very little amount of addons and no keybinds, and i was quite good in pvp, killed lots of people that was playing with keybinds and loads of "helping" addons keybinds and addons are way overrated.

Deleted
    Aww.

And well as far as I know gaming is no job to any of us here, so... we should really do what we feel comfortable with or enjoy the most. If you want to click, click! I find keybinding a bit more comfortable, but that's why I do it, not because it will improve my game! (I'm actually probably not very good!)

10+ Year Old Account
    Aww.

And well as far as I know gaming is no job to any of us here, so... we should really do what we feel comfortable with or enjoy the most. If you want to click, click! I find keybinding a bit more comfortable, but that's why I do it, not because it will improve my game! (I'm actually probably not very good!)
    I agree with your reasoning here. The only addons I tend to use are healbot (cause while I'm good at picking what healing spells to use, I find that the whole targetting people fast enough to be of use is not my strong suit.) And cosmetic UI improvements. Like right now I'm using ElvUI I think in WoW. Not cause the addons are necessary, but cause they make my screen look better. And the data at a glance is nice to have.

It does...but picture it with sunglasses

Deleted
    Yeah, I can't understand the whole 'EVERYTHING MUST BE OPTIMAL' ideas that come to players nowadays. I am horrible at some videogames but I still play them because I enjoy them. The same goes for MMOs. I don't have any intention of being amazingawesomesauceknownbyeveryoneperson, why should I care if I'm playing suboptimally as long as I enjoy myself?

It does...but picture it with sunglasses
    Oh I picture everything with sunglasses!

Yeah, I can't understand the whole 'EVERYTHING MUST BE OPTIMAL' ideas that come to players nowadays. I am horrible at some videogames but I still play them because I enjoy them. The same goes for MMOs. I don't have any intention of being amazingawesomesauceknownbyeveryoneperson, why should I care if I'm playing suboptimally as long as I enjoy myself?

Oh I picture everything with sunglasses!
    The only time that playing suboptimally really matters is if you have people relying on you, as in raids...and even then it doesn't make a huge difference as long as you're not just auto-attacking :P

Deleted
    Yeah I don't mean to bash your hands on the keyboard and hope people love you but... clicker vs keybinder is a question of optimizing movement. You can be a decent player as a clicker, and not adapt as a keybinder because you have odd shaped hands or just uncoordinated.
    The mental images I gave myself in here were rather fun.

Deleted
    You can be a decent player as a clicker
    Again, you can be an amazing player even if your a clicker, this picture people have in their heads that all keybinding player are better then all clickers, is plain out wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's really not so true as you might think. I've looked into this quite extensively, mind you. :P

Worth noting: if you're okay with being suboptimal, then that's fine. It's not like I need to gaming seriously at all. Even back when I was raiding and caring about group performance, it's the kind of thing that mattered much less than simply knowing your class and whatnot.

People just need to stop fooling themselves and learn to recognize superior methods, even if they don't care to use them. Just as you might acknowledge a superior method of training for athletic competition or something.

Again, you can be an amazing player even if your a clicker, this picture people have in their heads that all keybinding player are better then all clickers, is plain out wrong.
    That's not what I've said. If one player who is a clicker, takes the time and effort to become accustomed to a keybinding setup that he likes (not one suggested by somebody else), he will improve. Period.

It's pretty obvious that there's bad players who keybind. But I've taken the time to research this sort of thing extensively through personal observation and other means - and I have found without error that people who switch to keybinding not only seem to do better to those around them, but feel that they do better. Both subjectively, and on random charts (that, arguably, rarely matter).

If you don't care to go through that effort, that's your choice. It doesn't make you a horrible person. It doesn't make you a baddie. It doesn't make the people around you that are keybinding superior. I am not rubbing your faces with this and shouting at the top of my lungs that you suck. I am simply sharing what I've found to be true without flaw, and I just hate it when people deny facts.
    Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2012-06-25 at 11:13 PM.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Deleted
    Yeah. I've seen - and I'm sure everyone here has - people being horribly rude just because 'uh you're a clicker, EWWWWW'. It's rather annoying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Indeed Kallanna. That is how it should be. So long as you are not directly responsible for people dying. And hell, sometimes even if you are...mistakes happen you know. Long as you do your job well enough that the mobs/boss dies then you did your part. Only people who care if you're doing optimal is meter epeen asshats. When I was competitively raiding we had some people who were, by the numbers, suboptimal as hell. pulling insanely bad dps. But you know what? We still beat the bosses. The reasons for the low dps was that some of them had internet lag, some were on toasters from the game's launch...etc...

They weren't bad players, there were simply things that they couldn't control. Hell, one of the other rogues in the group (I main a rogue) was the bottom of the dps chart for a looong time. Then he got enough to get some decent computer parts. Once he did, he was getting top 2 or 3 in the damage. He still couldn't beat me for dps, but that wasn't cause he was bad. He just, despite knowing everything he had to do, could not pull the numbers I could. We didn't think any less of him even when he was bottom of the dps. Hell he even joked about it.

Point I'm trying to make is this; Sometimes even the people who try the hardest just can't pull the big numbers in dps no matter what they do. This is not something they should be mocked for.

The only time that playing suboptimally really matters is if you have people relying on you, as in raids...and even then it doesn't make a huge difference as long as you're not just auto-attacking :P
    ANd this brings me to my final point;

So long as you are trying your damnedest to do your job...that is all that matters. Unless you are, like rhandric said, just auto-attacking, then there's no reason to kick yourself. Just learn what you did wrong and move on. Don't let the 12 year olds and epeen tards get you down.