Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Bloody Bamboo Forrest of Eternal Nightmares
    Quote Originally Posted by Sjackson21 View Post
    My boss and i never have got along he is always very picky about me being in on time, me shaving and i just don't like him.. Last week I called corporate office and told them i caught him smoking marijuana behind the shed at work (i didn't but i knew he smoked weed) I wrote down the time that he went on break (he always goes out the back door to go call his wife while on lunch) when they reviewed the cameras they saw him going out the back door...they drug tested him and he was fired, he said he was gonna sue me and get me sent to jail, i'm kind of worried, i'm happy he is gone, but i'm worried i could face legal trouble over making everything up.
    lol no and if he calls you or keeps getting in your face about it keep a record of all calls, txts, emails, and note any confrontations he has with you over it. If your property gets damaged over it you have proof it was him, or if he continues to make calls it can be considered harassment/unlawful use of a telephone which is a crime.

Go to jail? No.

Get sued for libel or slander in spite of of him being fired, probably. And he'd have a strong case.

The really big question is: how did the boss know you were the tipper? WERE YOU STUPID AND TOLD HIM? Or did the employer say who the whistle blower is -- because if so then in most states your employer broke the law.
    Last edited by asher1611; 2012-02-27 at 10:54 PM.

You are a coward.Hope you die soon.

And i wish mmo-champ check your ip address and inform authorities about this post if it is not a troll.
    Last edited by sabe; 2012-02-27 at 10:56 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DragonSoul View Post
    lol he cant sue you he broke the law you just did what any law abiding person would do hes just a dumbass trying to scare you
    His motivations weren't to uphold the law, judging by his reasons. I just quit my job when my boss said I "looked like a fucking tramp" when I had 3 days worth of stubble at the age of 20. That alone wouldn't of bothered me but the bitch did it in the middle of an airport full of people, so I just said "oh fuck this" and walked out after finishing my days work. Worst job I've ever had to this day, and I'm now a full time carer.

The OPs move was just seemingly a dick move. He's ruined a guys career just so he can get back at a boss that was being mildly annoying at best. He's garbage.

10+ Year Old Account
    He's probably extremely mad at you, but to jail? Lol no. But I can see why he is mad.

Complaining about not being on time, or about not shaving if you are in a job where customers see you (and your beard/stache doesn't look well), seems quite reasonable, and I wouldn't really ever report someone over doing drugs, unless I am concerned about their health and they won't stop, or they are enormous d-bags because they are under the effects of the drugs (and less so when not). And as I said, he didn't sound like THAT much of a d-bag...
    Ex-GM and Raidleader of the MoX Purple Kittens Raidteam on Twisting Nether (formerly Grim Batol), RIP, Winter 2010 - Spring 2013.
    Armory. WoWProgress. Might start streaming Soon(tm) http://twitch.tv/szem/

i bet a sneaky laywer would test the hair of the boss which can prove he wasnt smoking at the time you said he were if he hasnt been smoking a day or 2 beforehand

Quote Originally Posted by Shoukyaku View Post
    So, let me get this straight. You cooked up a HUGE lie about your boss because he would always rag on you about being on time and shaving (things youre supposed to be doing) and you "just dont like him"? Thats why hes a BOSS, because they run a place of business efficiently and by the book. You sound like a piece of garbage dude. You cost some man his job and ability to put food on the table for absolutely no reason whatsoever, because he hounded you to do the basic things required of you at all places of employment. He may be a stoner but youre the one thats a complete slacker, and hopefully somehow you DO get caught and legally prosecuted. You deserve it.
    Chill dude, the guy always hounded me for tons of stuff other than that, and he was breaking law using marijuana anyhow, i did the company a favor in eliminating him, you can't run a company and smoke drugs anyhow, doesn't work.

What you should be seriously concerned about is him taking revenge. i mean hard core "SAW" style vengeance. He cant collect unemployment since there is just cause for the termination legit or not. Jail or law suit is the least of your concern's. you just gave someone a real reason to hate you....

10+ Year Old Account
    You knew he was smoking weed You just didn't catch him? No he's a fucking moron, despite how anyone feels about smoking pot it is still illegal, he got what he deserved.

Deleted
    No, but you are a MAJOR douchebag.

Quote Originally Posted by tj119 View Post
    You knew he was smoking weed You just didn't catch him? No he's a fucking moron, despite how anyone feels about smoking pot it is still illegal, he got what he deserved.
    So he "got what he deserved" because he smoked pot and was doing his JOB and requiring an employee to be on time and shave? Youre a piece of trash. But youre from Georgia so im not surprised. Close minded inbred redneck yokel.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bany View Post
    If he can prove you lied (ashuming he was smoking tobaco) he could sue you for difamation and looking at some nice paychecks for compensation
    but that is going to be very impossible to prove and expensive if he did indeed try
    Also- since he tested positive for drugs and they have him on camera- it would not actually be a lie. So yeah, the truth is always a complete defense to defamation.

To answer the op- um, no, he can't send you to jail. He can sue you (he will have a really hard time finding a lawyer to take his case)- but, he won't win.

Quote Originally Posted by Reinzer View Post
    No, but you are a MAJOR douchebag.
    This. Times a thousand.

While I can't condone smoking weed, a few things I would like to clarify:
    1.) "Stupid Stoners" really? Everyone who smokes weed is a stupid stoner? Clearly this guy was quite stupid but I hate when people associate everyone who smokes with bums, while I don't smoke, I know many who do that are quite successful and a two of my friends who are daily toker's just both got into Harvard. So these stereotypes against smokers are just infuriating.
    2.) While he didn't have any case against you before, by posting this online could have possibly been the stupidest thing. You just put down physical evidence that you LIED, TRIED to get him FIRED, had a BAD relationship, and purposively tried to damage his reputation.

Quote Originally Posted by tombstoner139 View Post
    What you should be seriously concerned about is him taking revenge. i mean hard core "SAW" style vengeance. He cant collect unemployment since there is just cause for the termination legit or not. Jail or law suit is the least of your concern's. you just gave someone a real reason to hate you....
    he is a small guy...

I was a manager of 7 employees in a semi-professional warehouse setting. from that experience I have to say I am DISGUSTED by the average american worker. Self-centered, lazy, poor attitude...just plain childish.

I hope someday you get a management position have to deal with people like you. I so very much wish that on you.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    in a short while you will have a new boss that will tell you to be there on time, and shave. what you gonna accuse him of? sitting while peeing?

Quote Originally Posted by jster View Post
    While I can't condone smoking weed, a few things I would like to clarify:
    1.) "Stupid Stoners" really? Everyone who smokes weed is a stupid stoner? Clearly this guy was quite stupid but I hate when people associate everyone who smokes with bums, while I don't smoke, I know many who do that are quite successful and a two of my friends who are daily toker's just both got into Harvard. So these stereotypes against smokers are just infuriating.
    2.) While he didn't have any case against you before, by posting this online could have possibly been the stupidest thing. You just put down physical evidence that you LIED, TRIED to get him FIRED, had a BAD relationship, and purposively tried to damage his reputation.
    Idd - even proclaiming online that one smokes weed is all one need to do for the police to be able to establish a case. But maybe that is why he made his account just for this...

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm mostly with everyone else here. No, he can't and won't sue you.

Yes, you made something up and lied to get your boss fired because he's always bothering you about being in on time and shaving.

This says much more about you than it does your boss. And that's not a good thing. What goes around comes around.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shoukyaku View Post
    So he "got what he deserved" because he smoked pot and was doing his JOB and requiring an employee to be on time and shave? Youre a piece of trash. But youre from Georgia so im not surprised. Close minded inbred redneck yokel.
    No, he got what he deserved because obviously that company doesn't want their employees smoking marijuana. Doing something that puts your job at risk and getting fired, yes you fucking deserve. And I'M the one that is close minded huh?