Thread: Jewelcrafting

Jewelcrafting

So just lveled a JC passed 500...... Quite annoying that you have famr for dailies for the pattern for the JC only gems then have to farm dailes for the item to get the gem takes like 1 whole week for the bonuses.......... Where other profession you can use the bonus almost straight away

There is two ways to view this.

Server economy. Lets say all of the gems are learned @ 525 (blue cuts) this will make every JC instant proffitable. lets say you have a total of 200 gems you would make some of each and you have 190 gems sold within 24h
    Gems are replaced very quick, respec, new gear, new gear makes old gear regem etc
    JC has by far the most patterns for end game available. They are together with ench the only ones that can make something for every spec in the game.

On the other hand we have prices, some of the gems dont sell that good. If everyone makes any of the gems the prices will completly crush and can ruin a server economy.
    The average gem price is 50% of what a gem costs during the start of a patch.

All in all, its keeps an economy running. And dont forget the daily's from Cooking & fishing & inscription.
    Alchemists have their daily transmute wich is sometimes heavily needed to get their goldstacks up.
    Every proffesion has their limitations (lw = melee leg armor, Tail = caster leg armor) But LW can make 130 int on bracer and tail can give a cloak enchant.

Quote Originally Posted by niteline View Post
    There is two ways to view this.

Server economy. Lets say all of the gems are learned @ 525 (blue cuts) this will make every JC instant proffitable. lets say you have a total of 200 gems you would make some of each and you have 190 gems sold within 24h
    Gems are replaced very quick, respec, new gear, new gear makes old gear regem etc
    JC has by far the most patterns for end game available. They are together with ench the only ones that can make something for every spec in the game.

On the other hand we have prices, some of the gems dont sell that good. If everyone makes any of the gems the prices will completly crush and can ruin a server economy.
    The average gem price is 50% of what a gem costs during the start of a patch.

All in all, its keeps an economy running. And dont forget the daily's from Cooking & fishing & inscription.
    Alchemists have their daily transmute wich is sometimes heavily needed to get their goldstacks up.
    Every proffesion has their limitations (lw = melee leg armor, Tail = caster leg armor) But LW can make 130 int on bracer and tail can give a cloak enchant.
    I dont mind that you have to do dailes for jc patterns that fine , I am talking about the JC only gems aka the 67 agi ones for example I dont see why you have to buy the pattern then do the dailes to get the gem etc

10+ Year Old Account
    the jc gems "chimera eye" in this case, can also be obtained using fireprism, 24 hour cooldown. But i see your point. Honestly though, its mostly for supply and demand kinda thing but also to keep jc from being the top profession as it became briefly in wotlk when the jc gems were not red, but prismatic, and metas required 2 blues or something like that. that way a jc could spam red gems and complete meta requirements.

though a way to make it easier would be that fire prisms guarantee a chimera eye. just 1, but guaranteed. that way you can use the dailies for patterns and not jc gems.

edit: to the poster above: yea God forbid people come and voice their opinions and thoughts on a forum. tsk tsk tsk.
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

Deleted
    Maybe annoying but its still the power money maker of all the professions, so be careful how much you complain.
    The expansion is more or less finished. You cna still make money just not as much. What you need to be thinking is you will be head of the pack when it coms to a fresh expansion.

I used to prefer it when you could farm patterns

It takes 2 days to buy the pattern for the chimera cut you want, then you buy the chimera's off the ah. I had all 3 of my jc only gems at 80 on my latest toon.

The only time it's of any real difficulty is at the beginning of an xpac where people want to sell them for crazy.

Deleted
    tho the extra 1+ stat when epic gems wasn't out made it totally worth it!

10+ Year Old Account
    cant u buy the chimera eyes at the AH?

Deleted
    I usually buy the chimera's from AH for like 100g or something. Alot more worth it then spending daily tokens on it.