Poll: What is your favorite RTS

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Failmuffins View Post
    The lack of a Company of Heroes option makes me sad.
    Sorry...idk what that is
    Facts don't care about feelings

My website (read my and other's novels here first!) https://www.the-fiction-factory.com/

Dawn of War

Edit: Not Dawn of War 2. The First one.

10+ Year Old Account
    CANADIAN LASER BEARS. RAINBOW HIPPOS! If you know what I am talking about you know which game I chose.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsumata View Post
    CANADIAN LASER BEARS. RAINBOW HIPPOS! If you know what I am talking about you know which game I chose.

Hmmm, Age of Mythology? :P Must i strike you with Thunderstorm to talk~?

My website (read my and other's novels here first!) https://www.the-fiction-factory.com/

10+ Year Old Account
    Look people dont complain that your personal favorite game is not up there. Not every game is common or maybe he just doesnt know about it, either way just post your favorite is "x" game and be on your way, IMO of course.

Im voting for Warhammer 40k: Dawn of War GOTY, the first one with Dark Crusade and Winter Assault....OH and i forgot an honerable mention to Starcraft 1 and 2

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cts53 View Post
    Hmmm, Age of Mythology? :P Must i strike you with Thunderstorm to talk~?
    ^_^ I loved playing as Egypt. Ra was a boss!

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsumata View Post
    ^_^ I loved playing as Egypt. Ra was a boss!
    Norse FTW! :P

Close Combat series, particularly 2 (A Bridge Too Far) and 4 (Battle of the Bulge). Also Starcraft 1 (really Starcraft 2 is probably a better overall game, but it didn't capture my interest like the original did) and Age of Empires 1 & 2 (I hated 3 for some reason).

You can vote Age of Empires then I only put Age of Empires 3 trailer up cause it's the most recent

Warhammer, Dawn of War

Quote Originally Posted by Fleshcrawl View Post
    I must say Warcraft 3 wins it all in my eyes - story is fantastic, playing and balance is great, only thing I hate is that units are getting stuck (which on other hand can be usefull on creeping).

Appart from that I also adore old game called Knights & Merchants. It's basicly settlers in middle ages with additional economical complexity.
    Played this game for hours! This is such a undiscovered jewel. I would actualy still play it! It's pro and it rules!

But present time: SC2. Hands out, all the way. <3 love the game

10+ Year Old Account
    Settlers 4 .

Deleted
    COMPANY OF HEROES... RAWR, *GROWLS*, Y U NO INCLUDE IT IN LIST?

Ok, seriously, if you like RTS, check Company of Heroes out. It's the *most* f-ing amazing RTS you'll ever play. I swear.
    I've played everything in the RTS genre (Figuratively speaking, of course) and out of all the good games, Company of Heroes is the game i always return to.

It's just... amazing.

I would link a video from youtube, but i don't really think any gameplay vid on YT does the game justice, you gotta go in and experience it! The first game, titled "Company of Heroes", shouldn't cost more than 10€ on steam (No offense to them americans .d), probably less if you find it in store.

Deleted
    For me it's really Warcraft 3... My main char in WoW used to be a night elf hunter (she's draenei now), and I made that one my main because I was so into Warcraft 3 at that time and used to play night elves in the online sessions most of the time. Also the storyline of WC 3 and its expansion gripped me in a way no other rts game had gripped me before.

Well, and I have cast another vote for Command and Conquer because I basically grew up with this series. I played the first four games of this series and all of their expansion packs. It was just fun and I really liked the video cutscenes.

Edit: Up to now I have not tried out SC 2, mainly because I don't have much free time to play computer games at all. And the time that I do have, I put into WoW. ^^
    Last edited by mmocae3f5388d3; 2012-02-28 at 08:03 AM.

Command & Conquer for me, especially Tiberian Sun and Red Alert 2. Best RTS ever

My first RTS for me was Warcraft 2 which was just great, after that I enjoyed the C&C series, but then I came across something even more awesome in the name of Starcraft and the rest is history.
    “The wise speak only of what they know.”

starcraft broodwar

Deleted
    Starctaft 2 by a mile!

I loved the old C+C games (Red Alert etc) but they messed that series up when they went to the new zoomed in 3d graphics, I never touched another C+C game after that it was horrible.

Im a high Diamond protoss player on SC2, I love the game and everything about it, the community and Esports related to SC is brilliant I cant wait for HotS.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hm...Empire earth,Stronghold 1 (rest is crap,except Crusader),Lord of the Rings BFME 2,SC1/2 WC3 and ofc Warhammer 40k dawn of war 1/2 and C&C3 Tiberium wars,C&C4 is also crap imo,EA ruined it..
    Last edited by Miloscub; 2012-02-28 at 12:07 PM.