Thread: Tank of choice

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you hit the train tracks you've gone to far.
    People say it doesn't take some skill to play Singed as true as that is just to run around poisoning it does take skill to be a team player and remember to feed your teammate kills not yourself. I don't play LoL to often anymore but I tend to be really bad with anything that isn't tanky or support and Singed is my pick every time. That one misstep of an enemy could get him killed an ultimately win a group fight.

Quote Originally Posted by athanasios View Post
    Except you forgot amumu .p? His initiate is strong and his ultimate is amazing
    Are you sure of that?

Quote Originally Posted by Flextt
    Since you will end up in the jungle I suppose, you have numerous options:
    [...]
    - Amumu: Hard to kill, good amounts of damage in early, decent clear speed, though buff and Q dependent. If you are insecure with Q, you will end up missing a lot of opportunities before 6.
    True, but the difference is that in GTA3 you're only shooting (and robbing, murdering, having sex with, etc) pixels. In WOW you get the pleasure of dealing with some of the most despicable human behaviour you'll ever witness.

Deleted
    In my opinion the tanks you should be looking at are Shen, Rammus, Sejuani and Amumu, assuming you have to jungle.

It looks like you have to jungle on the tank indeed. Shen is a good one, albeit very slow in the jungle. Safe and sustained, but just slow and you might get behind easily, which isn't a good thing on a tank, as you will be the one diving in head-first.
    Rammus and ammumu are obvious choices and very strong, but a bit less fun for me. Ammumu is just a walking ult and if its on cd, it's harder to make yourself usefull in teamfights. Rammus very strong and fast. Epic ganks etc. Mundo is an option, but I consider him more to be a meatbag dps. You are kind of a tank, but can't do much more than run in and start beating on people. More to be considered a dps than a proper tank.
    Nautilus and Malphite are two of my favourites. Nautilus is just good fun and you keep ccing people during a teamfight with slows, roots etc. Malphite plays somewhat similar. However, Malphite's great strenghts is his ability to completely shutdown an enemy AD. Build FH and combined with your slam, his attackspeed will drop to nothing. You want to build armor on malphite, so especially in the current 'meta', where a lot of physical dmg is seen, Malphite just shines.

I like playing Leona and Alistar. Lately, I've been doing pretty well with Cho'gath. Something about Cho'gath being so freaking huge is hilarious. I use to like playing Shen but after the supposed buffs, its just not the same; I don't know he's not too bad though.

I recommend Alistar because:

a) You can't milk those

b) If you land a sweet Pulv->Headbutt combo that knocks an enemy into a skillshot or puts them on a plate for your carries it's about the most satisfying feeling going in the game

c) Headbutting tower divers to their doom for first blood is also a nice experience as a support tank

Blitz is also a good shout as he has similar fun mechanics imo