Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Baldur's Gate website

http://www.baldursgate.com/

so, this website popped up recently, would it be a teaser for a thing to come?

I really hope it's a new Baldur's gate! and I really hope it's not on the hands of bioware...

only time will tell!
    Dear developers,

please nerf Rock, it's too overpowered. Paper is fine, however.
    Signed, Scissors.

10+ Year Old Account
    Unlikely. There really isn't room for more Baldur's Gate. The Bhaalspawn are all gone and basically Cyric either took over the portfolio of Lord of Murder at the end of Throne of Bhaal, or the player character did. I suppose you could portray the adventures of a different Bhaalspawn... but the original player character was the last one left standing before the battle with Amelyssan (unless being able to convince Balthazar to join you in the fight is accepted as canon), so it wouldn't be much of a story.

Really, Dragon Age Origins was basically Baldur's Gate 3. The gameplay was almost identical and the character development was pretty high quality. The overall plot was fucking terrible, but I felt they did a pretty good job of creating their own little "elves, dwarves, and humans" high-fantasy setting.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Baldur's Gate is just a city. There can still potentially be an RPG made under that IP which isn't expressly related to Bhaalspawn. They did it with Dark Alliance.

Still doubtful we will see BG3. Or that it can ever live up the predecessors. Some things just end without need to wring every last sequel.

Snippet from the page source.
    <!-- February 28, 2012 -->
    <!-- Shadowy Figure- Raise Dead : Infinity Engine -->

<!-- For years, I clung to the memory of it. Then the memory of the memory. -->

<!-- And then... it returned. Better than it was before. -->

<!-- Pore over the tapestries and works of art hanging from our walls if you wish, Child of Bhaal... perhaps you will find a clue. But patience, ah... patience would reveal it all. -->

It's possible that it's either a fan- or Bioware-recreation of the Infinity engine, allowing use of the original source files for games that ran under it (akin to the fan recrafting of the Sith engine for Dark Forces II, which Lucasarts hunted down and destroyed). It'd be fantastic if BioWare were not now bedfellows with EA.
    5800X | XFX 7900XTX | Prime X570 Pro | 32GB | 990Pro + SN850 2TB | Define 7

There was a BG3 being developed called... The Black Hand or something? From what I recall it was set in the Dalelands, had not Bhaalspawn connection and was a level 10 campaign with the 3E rules. It switched development gears, was canceled and the license lost over that time.

Last I heard of this was... 3-4 years ago?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Baldur's Gate is just a city. There can still potentially be an RPG made under that IP which isn't expressly related to Bhaalspawn. They did it with Dark Alliance.

Still doubtful we will see BG3. Or that it can ever live up the predecessors. Some things just end without need to wring every last sequel.
    Then it wouldn't be Baldur's Gate, now would it? Using that name implies it will be relevant to the Bhaalspawn arc they made for those games.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Um, no it doesn't? Baldur's Gate is just the franchise name. They could go in any direction they want like Final Fantasy. They were planning on doing so, in fact.

I will not get my hopes up.

I WILL NOT GET MY HOPES UP.
    I mostly play fighting games these days.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    Then it wouldn't be Baldur's Gate, now would it? Using that name implies it will be relevant to the Bhaalspawn arc they made for those games.
    Baldur's Gate is a city. It has nothing to do with Bhaal's bastard children.

As long as the game has something to do with the city, it can be called Baldur's Gate. Anyway, this is most likely some really high end fansite or something. But man am I cravin' an old school Dungeons and Dragons RPG.

Didn't Bioware sell the rights to Baldur's Gate to Atari along with Neverwinter Nights, which was later bought by Obsidian?

Dragon Age is essentially BGIII, but I wouldn't mind an actual BGIII, so long as it was done right. Not just made for the sake of making it.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

Deleted
    The music...memories coming...

Stop teasing me!

Could not resist looking it up: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baldur%...he_Black_Hound

Baldur's Gate III: The Black Hound was the sequel to Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn and Baldur's Gate II: Throne of Bhaal and was to be the third entry in the Dungeons & Dragons Baldur's Gate series and was to be developed by Black Isle Studios. It was codenamed FR6 and Project Jefferson, this is what it was revealed to be for the public. The game was announced in 2002 and was said to use the 3rd Edition D&D Ruleset. The game was set to use a new 3D Engine based on BioWare's Aurora Engine, itself successor to the Infinity Engine used for the first two Baldur's Gate games.

The game appears to have been cancelled in 2003 when its engine was announced to have been used for Black Isle Studios Van Buren (Fallout 3). However with Van Buren's cancellation, the Jefferson engine was never used for any game. The game's motto would have been: "You cannot kill guilt".

The game was set to take place in the fictional Dungeons & Dragons Forgotten Realms universe, in the fictional continent of Faerun. It would have taken place in the Dalelands, mainly Archendale, 'Deepingdale and Battledale. The area of North Sembia would have also been a major location. It would have featured many key areas in the Dalelands, such as White Ford and the Church of Lathandar, as well as many bases of the Red Wizards of Thay. It is possible that Baldur's Gate would have appeared as well, though this is unconfirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Kankuri View Post

I WILL NOT GET MY HOPES UP.
    I'm starting to get my hopes up D:

Hope and change folks Would love to see another RPG in the same genre as those games. Really miss them. Actually temple of elemental evil came out a few years ago (by which i mean 5ish), and it was alot of fun. Very short though.

Dark Alliance 3, make it happen!
    Signature.. Am I doing this right?

So much memories :/
    BG1 was actually my first RPG ever and I still play it to this day.
    I also found out about BG3 The Black Hound, but I guess they just made DA:O instead, which as someone pointed out, the plot was just awful to me, and uninstalled it after like an hour of play.
    Meh.
    I still have a BG2 save somewhere. Damnit I want to play another run now.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm now starting to get my hopes up, but the commented text in the HTML definitely refers to a new Baldur's Gate. I seriously hope this is true, as BG2 is the best game ever made.

Deleted
    Last edited by mmoc4f7a735ed2; 2012-02-29 at 01:22 PM.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by dulci5 View Post
    Dark Alliance had was a hack 'n slash bastardisation of Baldur's Gate.

---------- Post added 2012-02-29 at 02:21 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Cernunnos View Post
    Didn't Bioware sell the rights to Baldur's Gate to Atari along with Neverwinter Nights, which was later bought by Obsidian?

Dragon Age is essentially BGIII, but I wouldn't mind an actual BGIII, so long as it was done right. Not just made for the sake of making it.
    Sadly that is quite true....

---------- Post added 2012-02-29 at 02:22 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by gibbie99 View Post
    Hope and change folks Would love to see another RPG in the same genre as those games. Really miss them. Actually temple of elemental evil came out a few years ago (by which i mean 5ish), and it was alot of fun. Very short though.
    9 years actually ;P http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Tem...l_(video_game)

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by dulci5 View Post
    No. Please no, it must be a PC game. Diablo 3 proves we can do top down and have a ton of hype. Therefore, the infinity engine is still relevant. Update the art, textures, etc... and this game, if done properly, will be epic.