Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    I remember playing Baldur's Gate all those years ago, came in a 5 or 6 disc set. Was amazing, loved that game to death. I actually bought it again off Amazon but I never got to play it, I had ordered Icewind Dale as well. So when I got them I let a friend borrow BG and I played IWD..... And he stole it.

I would love another Baldur's Gate, even if it was made by EA I would play it for old times sake. Kind of like Diablo3.

Go for the eyes Boo, go for the eyes!

Quote Originally Posted by DraconusIX View Post
    I think the days of a video game having a 250 page manual of spells is over sadly. Ah, how I loved that game.
    Ahh, I stil got that..with bookmarks for each school of magic. In fact still got the original boxes. Remember the days when game boxes and content inside was an extension of the game (good presentation) rather a shallow box (can't think of a better way to describe it).

All this talk is making me want to replay Baldur's Gate 1 and 2.

If you really liked baldur's gate, prepare to be amazed with fo 1/2. Just for the love of god, download the patches before you play them! :-P
    Also if you got 1 and 2, you can play 1 using 2's engine and ruleset...extra spells, classes and etc available from level 1. I think it's called Baldur's Gate Tutu.

I really really really like DnD ruleset...it just works so well. DnD magic system > everything. We need another game set in the Forgotten Realm... Neverwinter Nights 3? Icewind Dale 3? Heh... Eye of the Beholder 4? xD Why the hell not. Don't care what it is..just shut up and take my money!
    Last edited by Talorh; 2012-03-02 at 09:58 AM.
    Because ten billion
    years' time is so fragile
    so ephemeral…
    it arouses such a
    bittersweet,
    almost heartbreaking fondness.

Quote Originally Posted by Waervyn View Post
    Yes...and made by a different company
    Your point?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DraconusIX View Post
    I think the days of a video game having a 250 page manual of spells is over sadly. Ah, how I loved that game.
    Sadly it is, but I so much would love to see a Baldur's Gate III with the DnD ruleset. BG2 still is the best RPG ever made, and newer games have not come close to capturing the awesomeness of that game.

Also I'm entirely not sure why the topic got derailed. This topic was about the Baldur's Gate website, and the speculation of a new Baldur's Gate. I know I'll get disappointed but one can but dream.

Quote Originally Posted by Talorh View Post
    Also if you got 1 and 2, you can play 1 using 2's engine and ruleset...extra spells, classes and etc available from level 1. I think it's called Baldur's Gate Tutu.
    I'd recommend BG: Trilogy anyday instead. Tutu is a pain to set up, and even then I had issues running the games.
    BGT is simple, it asks for the directory of both games, and creates a new folder with all the games included in one installation folder. No hassle, no issues that I know of.

Deleted
    I would like to see them bring back torn