Thread: Fusterated

Fusterated

In my 10 man (just started) heroic progression group I've noticed I'm just doing sub par dps as arcane. I really do not want to play fire, it's not a spec I like or prefer.

Now, I've been doing tons of reading, research, asking other mages in guilds who are further in progression and all have said mastery is the best stat for me to prioritize.

As I want to boost my dps as arcane, I've done reforged in what I feel every which way people have told me to go. Using Rawr, I am optimized for my gear, yet I can not compete well enough in dps to feel viable.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rwberry/simple

I follow the burn rotation of using 70% of my mana, make every viable attempt to time Cool downs with Power Torrent and keep Arcane Power on Cool down.

Minus going fire, what other tips and things can I change? My guild doesn't run WoL at this time, but not being able to maintain at least 28k or more is rather disappointing.

Any reforging, regemming, possible respec/glyph ideas? I am open to about anything at this point, for I want to benefit my raid group.

(As well as I am arcane for the damage buff ...)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blood Crusade View Post
    Clearly the rogue stabs them with a poison that revives, and the warrior yells at them until they get up.

There are ways to reforge a bit better, and 50 haste to gloves can be traded for more mastery, but its not going to net you any huge gains. on what fights are you only doing 28k or less? I know you don't want to go fire, however most fights that don't have a lot of movement have aoe, both of fires stong points in comparison to arcane, you cant expect similer numbers to a fire mage on most fights because of this reason. With that being said, without logs there is really nothing I can tell you other than ABC (always be casting) if you are always casting something, then press arcane blast harder and faster.

You should use the lightweave from tailoring on your back

also there is a couple of items where you are not reforging out of crit

Run your own WoL - you don't need the whole guild to do it.

Deleted
    Sooo, let's see.

Let's start with a few questions, what is your raidsetup? What raidbuffs do you have and which ones are you missing? Any chance to optimize that? Raidbuffs are crucial for your DPS, they are worth more than proper enchants.

1) As Aktec already stated, use your tailoring enchant on your back.
    2) Enchant +65 mastery on gloves
    3) The VP belt is better than the one you've got (at least for arcane, should you ever want to go fire for whatever reason, don't throw your current one away)
    4) Seeing how you gemmed everywhere epic gems, I believe gold ain't a topic for you so you should get the crafted bracers from a tailor or just tailor them yourself.
    5) This is arguable, but imho screw lavawalker enchant on boots and go for 50 hit or 50 mastery, whatever you need more.
    6) Depending on the fight, spec out of Incanter's Absorption or Improved Arcane Explosion and spec into Fire Power.
    7) Last and most important point - try to improve your playstyle, that's the most common reason for people failing in doing the desired DPS. You want to know the fights by heart and plan every single step in advance, you don't want to move 1yard too far, as this already means loosing damage, especially as an arcane mage. Plan your moves so you don't waste arcane power or your mana gem because you have to run while they are up.
    Also remember that you ALWAYS want to end every fight with 0 mana, so try to estimate how long the fight is still gonna take and start that last burn phase, regardless of your CDs.

And now happy improving :P

Hmm, I thought the solid int would out weigh the proc from the tailoring enchant, but I will def give that a try.

-Yeah, I need to start running WoL. >.> For my own benefit if nothing else.

Raid Setup.

Warrior Tank.
    Dk Tank.

Holy Paladin.
    Resto Shaman.
    Resto Druid.

Myself
    Boomkin
    Rogue (plays both combat or ass, depending on his mood for the day :P)
    Hunter (MM and he's learning Survival, when he shows)
    Elemental Shaman (When he can make it)

-You are absolutely correct on my glove enchant. I don't know how I missed it, but thank you.
    -I had overlooked the Valor belt for Rawr had led me to believe the haste was better from what I had, but I do see what you mean why it's greater.
    -Thank you all for your advice and criticism. It's nice to know people are still friendly :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Blood Crusade View Post
    Clearly the rogue stabs them with a poison that revives, and the warrior yells at them until they get up.

The only reason to be a tailor is for the cloak enchant.

Acquired Taste ~ US - Akama ~ 25Man Raiding Guild ~ HC MSV 6/6.HC HoF 3/6.TES 4/4

15+ Year Old Account
    I also get frustrated...by all these help me DPS threads. READ THE STICKIES THAT SAY READ ME.
    BfA Beta Time